Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: looking back at the mark jackson prediction from 2006. the world laughed. he didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Peteballa
    How is the clown in the green? Seriously, is there any reason why this guy doesn't have a red bar?
    i know eh? all people who say positive things about kobe should be banned

ok sir. you win

CHUCKER, HOG, RAPIST!, NEEDS BIG MEN!, CARRIED BY BYNUMGOD!, GASOL = FMVP

there... can i get my 5-6 green bars now?

honestly do you think i care if i'm repped by a forum run mostly by letards?

Default Re: looking back at the mark jackson prediction from 2006. the world laughed. he didn't

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    but this just proves my point

like i said.. there were 10 great players and only 60 aba players made it to the nba

out of like 330+ nba players at the time of the merger... only 60 were ABA?

not great

pretty small league compared to the NBA...
    there were only 84 players in the league at the time of the merger

a total of 112 players played games that year, but some were part time players that went to the NBA earlier, 7 teams which finished the season (there were 9 teams that started the season, 10 in the previous years, up to 11 in league history); some of the teams folded because teams knew they wouldn't be around after the inevitable merger

there were 238 players in the NBA that season, 18 teams total

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    there were only 84 players in the league at the time of the merger

a total of 112 players played games that year, but some were part time players that went to the NBA earlier, 7 teams which finished the season (there were 9 teams that started the season, 10 in the previous years, up to 11 in league history); some of the teams folded because teams knew they wouldn't be around after the inevitable merger

there were 238 players in the NBA that season, 18 teams total

well think of it like this

say i make up a league called elite canadian basketball

make 10 teams. have 10 allstar level players... steal a few from the nba even

kobe leads a team in the ECB to a few championships... then comes back to the nba

even if my little 10 team 80 player league had a few great players and some good players... nobody is gonna say

Kobe = 7 rings > jordan 6 rings

right?

because you can only compare what 1 guy did in the nba+ some made up league to another guy who played only in the nba

it wouldnt be fair to rate what a player did in an inferior lesser league

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

Default Re: looking back at the mark jackson prediction from 2006. the world laughed. he didn

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    How can a 1x MVP be the GOAT? I mean rings are great and all, but that's more a reflection of the team than the individual. He was only the clear cut best player in the league for maybe two years, LeBron has been the best in the league for five already with no foreseeable drop off.
    This.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

So what?

Banned

Default Re: looking back at the mark jackson prediction from 2006. the world laughed. he didn

Quote Originally Posted by funnystuff
    This.

sorry but a collection of sports writers don't determine whos the GOAT

and even if they did.. kareems goat then not jordan if you wanna say MVP's + rings are end all be all

its obvious its more about rings by mvps than mvps by people with rings when you see moses malone is not top 10 and kobe/shaq/hakeem are

How can a 1x MVP be the GOAT? I mean rings are great and all, but that's more a reflection of the team than the individual. He was only the clear cut best player in the league for maybe two years, LeBron has been the best in the league for five already with no foreseeable drop off.
    He's not the GOAT, but the MVP award really isn't that important. It's a strictly subjective award.

Kobe Bryant is a bad man.

NBA rookie of the year

The world is still laughing, both at that prediction and at Mark Jackson.

Yes, the world is still laughing

I also like the comment about MVPs... Kobe has been in the league how many years? How many MVPs does he have?

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

And he has the MVPs to back that claim up. One in 16 years by an alleged "Top 2" is pathetic as hell.

The world is still laughing.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Kobe has no shot at being the GOAT. Not even hating. Fairly or unfairly MJ has cemented himself as the GOAT. If guy's like Kareem, Wilt, Russel, Magic etc. who have had similar carers\stats\achievements etc. yet still don't measure up in the consensus vs Jordan than a guy like Kobe has literally no chance.

I'm not a fan of Kobe but he's a great player. One of the best of All-Time. Simply a tier below GOAT candidate.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    He's not the GOAT, but the MVP award really isn't that important. It's a strictly subjective award.
    With the way basketball players are rated, it's kinda important. Not the end all be all but still needed. Not to say that makes it true but the consensus greatest basketball player of All-Time will have an MVP award, more than one probably. When looking at it like Derrick Rose vs Kobe, or Steve Nash vs Shaq? Than ya it looks pretty stupid.

I'd bet my life the guy who surpasses Jordan will be a multiple time MVP.