Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    The Holy Trinity

Default Re: Why LeBron is (maybe) the best player in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    The real interesting aspect of his year is that he totally defers in the first half. He's doesn't push his total game until the third quarter, yet, he is definitely in the running for MVP.
    It's not that he defers to Wade in the first half. They defer to each other whenever the other one has it going. That's why both of them are in the running.

And they're getting very good at knowing when to be the one to step forward and when to step back. Tonight Wade stepped back, yet look at his line! He shot 15/22, but he was still willing to stand aside.

In fact, the only game where the two have gotten the balance wrong since they were 9-8 is the only one they lost. The Dallas game was a "Wade-game" or should have been. However, James got into foul-trouble in the first half and over-compensated in the second half by trying to do way too much....

The real interesting aspect of his year is that he totally defers in the first half. He's doesn't push his total game until the third quarter, yet, he is definitely in the running for MVP.
    He did actually the same thing in Cleveland, play a strict pointforward role in 2-3 quarters and 4th quarter meant major business. When i think about it he has destroyed alot of career high assist games last season that way where he would probably had 20+ assists by the end of the games if he didnt go always in scoring mode instead in the 4th & OT.

He is doing the same with Heat, but now he has Wade & Bosh, he is sharing every duty with them, he will always just look to do the right plays. But when a guy is on fire, its the right play to just give him the ball and get the heck out of the way until he misses at least once hehe, this time it was Lebron, a couple of games ago it was Wade and it will keep going that way, maybe we will see Bosh aswell go nuts in crunch time aswell.

But its not that he "defers", its that he plays his role and making the right plays, he plays alot of point for them, lets not forget that.
    Last edited by sh0wtime; 01-10-2011 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    It's not that he defers to Wade in the first half. They defer to each other whenever the other one has it going. That's why both of them are in the running.

And they're getting very good at knowing when to be the one to step forward and when to step back. Tonight Wade stepped back, yet look at his line! He shot 15/22, but he was still willing to stand aside.

In fact, the only game where the two have gotten the balance wrong since they were 9-8 is the only one they lost. The Dallas game was a "Wade-game" or should have been. However, James got into foul-trouble in the first half and over-compensated in the second half by trying to do way too much....
    Exactly!

Decent playground baller Fatstogie's Avatar

I agree with this^.

But id like to see them work of each other more. IMO they get it themselves seperately. They need to assist each other more often. Especially if lebron aint getting it. Easy solution. wade penetrate and shovel pass to lebron while hes got steam.

IMO they have kinda humbled themselves. But still not really willing to play off each other. Theyre coming around but still not doing near what i feel they could do if they played off each other more.

Like when one has the ball the other wont move. Everyone acts like they have to go one at a time. I want them both to attack the rim together more.

They could score more. Shit the others dont even need to do antying but play defense. lol but im sure theres whinning about that. So it sucks that theyll get held back because of that.

Maybe? lol.

He is easily the best. No one is even close. The funny thing is, a lot of people think he still can't shoot the jump shot. He can. He hits clutch 3's, clutch mid range shots, and clutch free throws. His game is off the charts good now.

He can do every on the court. Wide open shots for teammates, get off any shot he wants, and even rebound and block shots.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Maybe? lol.

He is easily the best. No one is even close.
    No, there's a guy on the same team who's pretty damn close. There are quite a few nights when he looks better in fact.

1a lebron
    1b wade

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

LeBron improved on his jumpshot. But he did this last year too. I hope he keeps it this time around. It went away in the playoffs.

This year it looks pretty good though. It's been automatic.

It seems like Wade is steady improving on his jumpshot too, but he mainly attacks the rim now. Hopefully he'll get his jumper back in gear. Seems ok now.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    LeBron improved on his jumpshot. But he did this last year too. I hope he keeps it this time around. It went away in the playoffs.

It seems like Wade is steady improving on his jumpshot too, but he mainly attacks the rim now. Hopefully he'll get his jumper back in gear. Seems ok now.
    Yep. Once Wade's jumpshot gets into playoff form, if LeBron continues to shoot the way he has all season, no team will take more than two games off the Heat in a series.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by jrong

True Jrong.
    As Showtime states above there is this mental approach of seeing defensive strategies for a quarter or two and then the will and talent asserts itself in the second half. Dwade is much more likely to bring his force and energy early, which makes sense being that the defense should be on their heels the whole game. I still have Wade/Lebron at less than 40% of a max chemistry (a point where their flow gets the other easy production).

My point is that they aren't playing intuitively yet and staying in the MVP race. They have a lot to prove but you don't see a lot of ego out there. Am I right in saying that they have a delayed imprint on the game? DRose comes out in that Boston game and despite many good players in that game, I knew within the first minute, DRose was going to be the man that night. I can watch a Heat first half and have no idea whatsoever as to who is going to be the feature, and I have done this several times.

If Lebron wins the MVP I think another player should petition to be the first half of games MVP. Durant has shot 10 foul shots before Lebron is bringing it all. You really have to be good to be doing what Lebron is doing.

5-time NBA All-Star

Hey Micku,
    Their jumpshot is key because teams figure its better to just zone and create clutter around the basket which will at least limit easy access for the greatest slashers in the game. Once Mike Miller figures into the plan it really is going to be hard to stop them. It could be the best basketball we ever see.

Good college starter Nash-tastic's Avatar

I hate the guy, but I am impressed with the way the Heat is looking right now. At the beginning I was convinced this would be Wade's team but looking at both of them now, they can really defer to one another really well. Good luck Heat fans (The real ones)

Hey Micku,
    Their jumpshot is key because teams figure its better to just zone and create clutter around the basket which will at least limit easy access for the greatest slashers in the game. Once Mike Miller figures into the plan it really is going to be hard to stop them. It could be the best basketball we ever see.
    Surprised how long it has taken Mike Miller to get back into the swing of things. That hand must be a problem.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

It didn't go away, he just ran into Boston - who make everyone look bad. LeBron was shooting the ball better than ever in the 1st round of the playoffs.

I'll take Bosh over LeBron and Wade.