Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Wink Yao Ming owns Shaq???

Since it was done for the performance against the Knicks it needs to be done against the Heat also.

34 points 14 rebounds 11-19 shooting.

It's amazing the difference Yao getting consistent good post position has made for his effectiveness.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Since it was done for the performance against the Knicks it needs to be done against the Heat also.
    You're right.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17600

National High School Star gpfanz's Avatar

Talking Yup

Judging frm the stats i should think so

Decent playground baller

It's more like a changing of the guard. Shaq is declining while Yao is entering his prime years. It was bound to happen and I was expecting it to come with Shaq playing in his 15th season.

I still believe Shaq can still be productive and help The Heat make a run in the playoffs, and next season too , but it looks like the "Shaq era" in the NBA is coming to an end. The Year of Yao is upon us, I see rumblings in Orlando with Dwight Howard, The Lakers have a young talented big man in Andrew Bynum, Amare looks like he's returnning to the unstoppable form he once had, and across the horizon I see the shadow of Gred Oden emerging.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I love Yao's development into a superstar. Hopefully he keeps this up so Tracy can find his game, without losing many games.

I as big of a Yao Ming fan as the next man but c'mon, theres already 3 or 4 Yao topics created since last night. There doesn't need to be anymore. But, I do agree. I remembers folks in that curry thread were saying, "Oh, he owned curry.....anyone can do that." But then he goes out and dominated the best center, Shaq. So how can you discredit his play this time? Let me guess, "Oh, he did it against two aging centers. Who can't do that?"

Decent playground baller

it was only a few months ago that people were STILL trying to dismiss yao as merely OK.

Banned

Shaq is so mediocre now. Its hard to believe how fast hes gone downhill. I dont think i've ever seen someone who was once dominant fall so fast to being overated and such a shadow of his former self. I mean if he was 40 and still playing like Kareem was then i can get it, but dude is only 34

I think Yao got lucky on a few of those short jumpers last night but hes been consistant so cant really call it luck. It just looked like a few came out awkward but still went in.

Banned

I'm happy that Yao has finally found his game and is having success. He deserves it; he's always struck me as a good guy and a hard worker.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    Shaq is so mediocre now. Its hard to believe how fast hes gone downhill. I dont think i've ever seen someone who was once dominant fall so fast to being overated and such a shadow of his former self. I mean if he was 40 and still playing like Kareem was then i can get it, but dude is only 34

I think Yao got lucky on a few of those short jumpers last night but hes been consistant so cant really call it luck. It just looked like a few came out awkward but still went in.
    Just wait until Yao discovers Krispy Kreme and gets up to 450 pounds. 45/25 isn't out of the question.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eboloid
    Just wait until Yao discovers Krispy Kreme and gets up to 450 pounds. 45/25 isn't out of the question.

I dont think chinese people like him can get fat no matter how many krispykremes. But if he did find a way to add some meat to those bones he could be really dominant and might not look so damn soft in the paint. Right now all his defensive abilities and half his offense stem strictly from height/length. If he could take up space he'd be so much better at the things hes currently not very good at like rebounding and being more a body underneath. I swear for a big man he probably covers a little ass circle in terms of rebounding ability, like if the ball doesnt drop directly to him he wont get it. It just feels like such a waste of size.

Roy = my new fave.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    I love Yao's development into a superstar. Hopefully he keeps this up so Tracy can find his game, without losing many games.
    Agreed 100%. Seeing Ming bust out like this is awesome.

Oh, trust me, Asian people can get very fat if they try. Most of them just can't afford fast food (McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut is incredibly expensive compared to meals they can get from roadside food stalls), or prefer to spend their money on new mobile phones.

Regarding his rebounding, I think it's been agreed around here that he actually CREATES rebounds for his teammates by shoving members of the opposing team out of the way and tipping balls. He is being economical with his energy instead of just lunging for missed shots. And, seriously, "little ass" and Yao don't fit in the same sentence. He's kinda wide.

Banned

when i mean little ass circle, i meant that as more his rebounding circumference where he gets rebounds. You're right that he does at times slap at it away from the other big man grabbing it and one of his teammates gets it, but for someone his size he should have more of a rebounding circumference. Its like other players body out Yao, so Yao is oftentimes offbalance and slapping at it instead of going for it and getting it himself. I think if he had a stronger base he wouldnt be body'd out and wouldnt lose that balance so much. I just think Yao is still too soft and plays too finesee for someone his size. While hes been having a huge season so far and its hard to criticize his production, watching him play there are things he could/should be doing better.

But this has always been something thats bothered me about some players, even when i play just playground. There are just players who dont have that i want the ball viciousness in them and they play like their scared of contact, even if they have the body or size where they could be much better with that mean streak in them.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Yao seems to have finally adapted to the more agressive NBA mentality.
    He's also improve his strength substantially; though he still has ways to go before he can balance his finesse game with an equal power component.

Provided he avoid injury he is going to be scary domiant in the next couple of years.