Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Default Re: Israel's Assassination of Hamas Chief, Hamas don't stop firing rockets into Israel

Insane Hamas refuse to stop firing rockets into Israel, even if it means Gaza getting badly messed up as a result

That's what happens when a suicidal death cult are X's leaders. They happily volunteer X for suicide.

Oh well.

Default Re: Israel's Assassination of Hamas Chief (Video) Raises Tensions on Both Sides of Gaza

Banned

Default Re: Israel's Assassination of Hamas Chief, Hamas don't stop firing rockets into Israel

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    Insane Hamas refuse to stop firing rockets into Israel, even if it means Gaza getting badly messed up as a result

That's what happens when a suicidal death cult are X's leaders. They happily volunteer X for suicide.

Oh well.
    Amazing how Muslim terrorists are the only ones willing to do suicide bombings. Unless I'm missing out on something. Talk about being brainwashed by their religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
    Amazing how Muslim terrorists are the only ones willing to do suicide bombings. Unless I'm missing out on something. Talk about being brainwashed by their religion.
    suicide is a mortal sin in the religion though and Jihad(holy struggle) does not simply mean killing people. As for them being brainwashed the same thing could be said about most religious people.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    suicide is a mortal sin in the religion though and Jihad(holy struggle) does not simply mean killing people. As for them being brainwashed the same thing could be said about most religious people.
    Convincing people to be proud of killing themselves is a whole new level of brainwashing. Like in America kids want to be astronauts and NFL players when they grow up. These kids want to be suicide bombers. It's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Convincing people to be proud of killing themselves is a whole new level of brainwashing. Like in America kids want to be astronauts and NFL players when they grow up. These kids want to be suicide bombers. It's crazy.
    These kids don't want to be suicide bombers nor would i think they are proud but they've been tricked/brainwashed by people who are too cowardly to die for what they believe in. So they get kids in desperate situations to do it by promising them they will take care of their families.

NBA Superstar

then you must be reading a different interpretation of their religion than the fundamentalists. their fanatical belief is what justifies them to blow themselves up for their cause with promises of a rewarding afterlife.

Good college starter

Ceasefire deal reached for tonight

Banned

Wow, my university is gonna have a Q&A live video feed with students in gaza. Gonna check it out, will be really good to see AN ACTUAL KID LIVING IN GAZA'S PERSPECTIVE rather than bullshit news feeds.

Might ask if it's true that people sometimes act up injured for the cameras, like in those Pallywood videos. Gotta find a way to word it delicately.

My uni has a huge Muslim and Free Palestine society but all of them I've talked to are actually really really rational and calm people, who ask alot of questions about Judaism and loads of them I've even had the discussion about how Judaism and Islam are so similar, and how the Arab golden age with Maimonides every religion got along, and they agreed, haven't really run in to any psychos like the Hamas apologists on ISH or the people who are mass protesting the Israeli dance reviews here in London as "extensions of the occupation"

Arab golden age was an awesome time in human history, real muslims like Saladin were Arab leaders back then, now they just keep electing terrorists. Shit.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 11-20-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Islam hasn't worked under a "it says this in the Qu'ran, therefore it is" kind of system in centuries in most parts of the world. Absolutism left Islam behind long ago.

Everything in the Qu'ran is subject to interpretation by imams and mullahs of hundreds of different persuasions. They more or less they get to tell adherents what parts of Holy Qu'ran do and don't matter and its entirely dependent on the interpreter's opinion. Furthermore, believers aren't allowed to question these guys

Yeah, Muhammad said that suicide is not good in the eyes of Allah, but that doesn't matter to a child whose local imam tells him that the prophet also says he should devote himself body and soul to the struggle for Islam and uses THAT interpretation to twist suicide bombing into a legitimate course of action.

Fuse that kind of influence with the abject conditions that a lot of these people come from...you get sanctioned suicide bombers.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Islam hasn't worked under a "it says this in the Qu'ran, therefore it is" kind of system in centuries in most parts of the world. Absolutism left Islam behind long ago.

Everything in the Qu'ran is subject to interpretation by imams and mullahs of hundreds of different persuasions. They more or less they get to tell adherents what parts of Holy Qu'ran do and don't matter and its entirely dependent on the interpreter's opinion. Furthermore, believers aren't allowed to question these guys

Yeah, Muhammad said that suicide is not good in the eyes of Allah, but that doesn't matter to a child whose local imam tells him that the prophet also says he should devote himself body and soul to the struggle for Islam and uses THAT interpretation to twist suicide bombing into a legitimate course of action.

Fuse that kind of influence with the abject conditions that a lot of these people come from...you get sanctioned suicide bombers.
    And the prophet is supposed to be the example that was set. If these people want to fight the Israelis then there should be a honorable way of doing it and not brainwashing children who mostly come from poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Wow, my university is gonna have a Q&A live video feed with students in gaza. Gonna check it out, will be really good to see AN ACTUAL KID LIVING IN GAZA'S PERSPECTIVE rather than bullshit news feeds.

Might ask if it's true that people sometimes act up injured for the cameras, like in those Pallywood videos. Gotta find a way to word it delicately.

My uni has a huge Muslim and Free Palestine society but all of them I've talked to are actually really really rational and calm people, who ask alot of questions about Judaism and loads of them I've even had the discussion about how Judaism and Islam are so similar, and how the Arab golden age with Maimonides every religion got along, and they agreed, haven't really run in to any psychos like the Hamas apologists on ISH or the people who are mass protesting the Israeli dance reviews here in London as "extensions of the occupation"

Arab golden age was an awesome time in human history, real muslims like Saladin were Arab leaders back then, now they just keep electing terrorists. Shit.
    Arabs benefited greatly from the pilgrimage, so knowledge could flow from the far East to northern Africa. Scholarly cities like Timbuktu, Harar, Bagdad, etc. as centers of learning popped up and there was a great thirst for knowledge. Fast forward to today and we can see that progress has halted among most religions but especially in the Arab culture. The Arabization of Islam is something that concerns me especially in Africa. In Somalia were seeing a conservative brand of Islam that has no roots in out culture and in West Africa we have ancient libraries being put at risk in Mali due to this arab influence.

Very good NBA starter

when i visited lebanon a couple years ago, i remember passing by something that looked like a ghetto flea market. when we stopped at a nearby gas station for a piss break, our tour guide said that area wasn't a local flea market, but actually a camp for palestinian refuges who had nowhere to go when they lost their land. the refuges were living in dirty tents. pretty horrible conditions like a sh!t hole. they've been there for several decades too, and they pretty much live as 5th class citizens. by law, they aren't allowed to get regular jobs, and their children, even if born in lebanon, are forever recognized as refuges only and do not have much rights at all. needless to say, it's a pretty f--ked up social and economic condition. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to observe why some of them are so pissed off and pushed off the edge.

Banned

[CODE][/CODE]
    Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    when i visited lebanon a couple years ago, i remember passing by something that looked like a ghetto flea market. when we stopped at a nearby gas station for a piss break, our tour guide said that area wasn't a local flea market, but actually a camp for palestinian refuges who had nowhere to go when they lost their land. the refuges were living in dirty tents. pretty horrible conditions like a sh!t hole. they've been there for several decades too, and they pretty much live as 5th class citizens. by law, they aren't allowed to get regular jobs, and their children, even if born in lebanon, are forever recognized as refuges only and do not have much rights at all. needless to say, it's a pretty f--ked up social and economic condition. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to observe why some of them are so pissed off and pushed off the edge.
    And Israel is responsible for the way Lebanon treats them?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    [CODE][/CODE]
    And Israel is responsible for the way Lebanon treats them?

did i say that?

you ask wrong questions.

ask why do they have to be refuges in the first place.