Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: Let's Be Honest, the Heat are Lucky to Play in the East

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    All they have to go through are the senior Celtics, Rose-less Bulls, dumb Knicks and a team where Joe chucking Johnson is your best player.

The Heat are lucky to play in the East. The Clippers, Grizzlies and Spurs would all dominate them in a 7 game series in the playoffs. Hell even the Mavs might take them in 7.
    The Thunder are better than all of them, and the Heat mopped the floor with the Thunder.

F outta here.

Lockout seasons over. "Contenders" have used the full offseason to get the teams they truly want into place...there's some injuries like Rose, Bynum and Amare, but the idea that the Heat have a clear path to the finals are over.

Last year I think they kinda did. The Celtics were the only team capable of upsetting them, and that's what it would've been. The Pacers are a joke if you consider them as anything more than a 50 win 2nd round speed bump. This year, I feel differently. We'll see if the Bulls can put it together when they get healthy, but I feel the 2 New York teams are built quite well to give the Heat all the trouble they can ask for....Philadelphia too. More than enough talent on the perimeter to play with the Heat's smalls on both ends, but big men and point guard play to exploit their weaknesses.

I don't like the idea for the Heat to go small. I don't see the move they could make to fix that decision. Do I think they could win the title again? Yes, but it would be far more impressive run to the finals this year over last.

They've become a team that struggles on the boards, very reliant on turnovers, transition buckets, and 3s, and have regressed defensively.
    Last edited by Y2Gezee; 12-02-2012 at 05:35 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    The Thunder are better than all of them, and the Heat mopped the floor with the Thunder.

F outta here.
    Unfortunately that's not how basketball works wise guy. Clippers, Grizzlies, Spurs and Mavs all have significant advantages and matchup problems for the Heat.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Let's be honest, this thread is retarded.
    Says the Pau Gasoft fan and guy who has the word "Special" in his username.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore talamo's Avatar

Who exactly is the competion in the East? Not gonna lie the Heat got it easy in their conference. Not like they can control that tho

That's your comeback?

Local High School Star

Ether

Heat would still beat any team in the west in a 7 game series.

GOAT Commissioner

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    You're from Masachusetts, a Gortat fan by the looks of it, but you're a Heat fan. Get your mind right, bandwagoner.

And I think Memphis and SA can go 7 games with Miami easily. Easily.
    Who are u to call someone a bandwagoner when you are a rocket fan turned okc fan.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Unfortunately that's not how basketball works wise guy. Clippers, Grizzlies, Spurs and Mavs all have significant advantages and matchup problems for the Heat.
    "Matchup problems" were the same thing Boston and Chicago fans said they had over Miami and look at what happened to that.

And if the Spurs and Grizzlies weren't good enough to get to the Finals last year, that is their own problem and not Miami's.

Learning to shoot layups BG32-KD35's Avatar

Let's Be Honest, the West is Lucky the Heat Play in the East

Shouldn't have to do this but:

That the NBA title dair, not the ECF.

they gave up first game then swept the Western Conference Champion pretty emphatically.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Lockout seasons over. "Contenders" have used the full offseason to get the teams they truly want into place...there's some injuries like Rose, Bynum and Amare, but the idea that the Heat have a clear path to the finals are over.

Last year I think they kinda did. The Celtics were the only team capable of upsetting them, and that's what it would've been. The Pacers are a joke if you consider them as anything more than a 50 win 2nd round speed bump. This year, I feel differently. We'll see if the Bulls can put it together when they get healthy, but I feel the 2 New York teams are built quite well to give the Heat all the trouble they can ask for....Philadelphia too. More than enough talent on the perimeter to play with the Heat's smalls on both ends, but big men and point guard play to exploit their weaknesses.

I don't like the idea for the Heat to go small. I don't see the move they could make to fix that decision. Do I think they could win the title again? Yes, but it would be far more impressive run to the finals this year over last.

They've become a team that struggles on the boards, very reliant on turnovers, transition buckets, and 3s, and have regressed defensively.

Note to readers: This guy thinks Melo is a top 3 player in the league.

They beat the best team in the Western Conference in the NBA Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Shouldn't have to do this but:

That the NBA title dair, not the ECF.

they gave up first game then swept the Western Conference Champion pretty emphatically.
    not really the point. They only had to go through one decent team last year. All the teams that match up with them are in the West. They don't have to go through talented teams with different playstyles like the WCF. Playing in the West you have to go through at least two of OKC/LAL/LAC/SAS/Memphis. That is a lot different from playing the old Celtics or Roseless Bulls.