Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man Connor B's Avatar

Default I don't understand why Chicago is seen as such a big threat to Miami.

I understand why on paper Chicago is seen as a threat to Miami, they are a tough match up, but if you look at actual playoff history we are going off one series in the Lebron era/Rose healthy that defines that whole rivalry: 2011 ECF.

Which went 5 games. And yet everyone seems to act like that was such a great series for some reason. Good basketball, entertaining, competitive, but not long and competitive in the way Indiana-Miami was last year or Spurs-Miami was last year. I realize that series coulda gone 6, maybe 7, if Wade/Lebron didn't have that 15 point comeback in game 5, but they did right in Chicago.

I was talking to my friend, a Heat fan today, and he said Chicago is seen as a threat in part because of how much better Noah as gotten. I agree Noah is great, I agree Tom T. is one of the 3 best coaches in the NBA, but the offensive fire power the Heat have is just too great. Indiana is a bigger threat, easily.

Local High School Star

Default Re: I don't understand why Chicago is seen as such a big threat to Miami.

Bulls hate miami more then cavs hated the celtics. Lebron beat rose up during his cav years and smashed his team twice in Miami era. Its 3x beat up. Sooner or later the bulls will realise that and play even harder i suppose lol

Default Re: I don't understand why Chicago is seen as such a big threat to Miami.

because lebron fans are just now realizing that Lebron has never won a championship in a year that Rose was healthy and playing.

in other words, Lebron has had the easiest paths in the east. Now with a healthy Rose back, Lebron no longer has that wide open path. Lebron fans see this and feel insecure and threatened.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

because Chicago is not a threat, just some bulls fans want their team to be relevant now that Rose is back. I see more threat this year from Nets and Knicks to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    because Chicago is not a threat, just some bulls fans want their team to be relevant now that Rose is back. I see more threat this year from Nets and Knicks to be honest.
    The Nets with like 3 maxed players lost to the Bulls reserves last year.

That shit better not happen again

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    The Nets with like 3 maxed players lost to the Bulls reserves last year.

That shit better not happen again
    only this time there is no Nate the Ape for the bulls

i think the bulls have a higher ceiling than the pacers. both are elite defensive teams, but rose has the potential to win a game or two all by himself with his scoring, and you cant say that for anybody on the pacers.

Quote Originally Posted by East_Stone_Ya
    only this time there is no Nate the Ape for the bulls
    Yeah.. just Rose and he about to go HAM
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 10-15-2013 at 11:21 AM.

It's the Derrick Rose factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    Now just Rose going HAM
    only time will how Rose performs once the playoffs starts

Bulls still have room to add something to their team. Imagine if they could grab Al Horford, LaMarcus Aldrige or Pau Gasol? They've got Boozers contract, the draft rights to Nikola Mirotic and Charlotte's 1st round pick to play with.

Because the bulls proven that they can beat the heat consistently in the regular season, we even swept them one year. Ofcourse the PO is a different animal but that doesn't mean reg season doesn't prove anything. The only playoff year we have to go on is in 2011 when dross played his ass off the whole regular season and didn't have much left for the postseason. Also excuse or not he did twist his ankle twice inthe Indy series. I still believe if rose shot just 44 percent in the heat series we would have won, but he shot 36. Rose just took to many shots that series he should have involved boozer more.

Also we have Jimmy Butler who can gaurd both Wade and bron, and score points.
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 10-15-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Great college starter

Chicago aren't the threat the Pacers are because while they are big and can pound Miami, it's not enough to make Miami abandon their small ball concept which is something the Pacers were able to do for 2 reasons,,

1. Hibbert - was able to defend the hoop w/o getting into foul trouble and for some reason he's a beast on offense against Miami. Boozer and Noah aren't as impacful vs Miami. Infact, Boh owns Boozer and Noah but gets totally dominated by Hibbert.

2. David West - biggest reason why the Heat can't play small ball vs the Pacers because he owns Bosh and Battier which is why Haslem gets more minutes but shrinks the floor spacing because he doesn't shoot 3's. Bulls don't have David West type player.

I don't get it either. They don't have either of the two things that can beat the Heat:
    - dominant low post player
    - great (not just solid) 3 point shooting

And we all know that Thibs will run them to ground in the RS, considering their weak bench, so Noah and Deng will come into the PS halfway physically done once again.

And Rose is not a guy that can lead a team to the ring.

Indiana is a much greater threat.

Butler aka Lebron stopper. Had him shook as fu*k Diaw style

With a healthy rose and Noah they match up well and play physical defense against those heat pansies..