Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: LosBulls' Thoughts on his team

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    Robinson has heart, Rose doesn't.
    All fans say they want a team with heart, but what they really want is a team that wins.

If it weren't for Robinson we wouldn't be in the position we are in right now, or we would we?
    Without BOTH Rose AND Robinson, probably not. But with Rose INSTEAD OF Robinson? Probably beat the Nets in less than 7.

Don't be stupid and think before you post
    I am. I am not letting my hurt feelings of Rose not playing, and my joy of Nate Robinson stepping up his game, cloud my judgement. Once Rose returns, the choice is abundantly clear.

Nate Robinson has STEPPED UP when Derrick Rose hasn't. And if the Bulls beat the Heat with NATE ROBINSON that will back up my opinion that I prefer him over Rose any day.
    I think it's amazing that Nate has stepped up, but I take that for what is it is - he is stepping up. This level of play will not last. His career speaks for itself.

I'm a real fan on my team and if Rose were to up and leave the Organization while all these other "fans" would feel cheated I would be fine with it and happy with Nate & Captain Kirk.

Just like if would if I were a Cleaveland fan and LeBron left us.
    Yeah, those real Cleveland fans were ecstatic that LeBron left and a player with heart like Baron Davis stepped up in his absence.

Saw a basketball once

If Nate Robinson came in to the league out of Memphis after winning a National Championship (He would of hit the freethrows, unlike Rose) in 2008, drafted by the Bulls with the #1 pick, then he would of been the MVP too.
    You've officially lost all credibility.

Former Bulls Fan.

Bulls fans attacking each other too, whats going on with this world we live in?

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by insomniac
    All fans say they want a team with heart, but what they really want is a team that wins.

Without BOTH Rose AND Robinson, probably not. But with Rose INSTEAD OF Robinson? Probably beat the Nets in less than 7.

I am. I am not letting my hurt feelings of Rose not playing, and my joy of Nate Robinson stepping up his game, cloud my judgement. Once Rose returns, the choice is abundantly clear.

I think it's amazing that Nate has stepped up, but I take that for what is it is - he is stepping up. This level of play will not last. His career speaks for itself.

Yeah, those real Cleveland fans were ecstatic that LeBron left and a player with heart like Baron Davis stepped up in his absence.

Nope but they drafted a guy named Kyrie soon after and I would of been happy.

   

OP is my hero of the day for having that much guts.

but he also may be right. rose better come out with a pretty sensational reason for why he's letting his team down like this. otherwise he comes off as equally-talented dipshit such as iverson, francis, marbury, etc.

that's NOT a good look for anyone unless they're a total egomaniac playing a team game. then it's absolutely hilarious.

I mean, Chicago has to keep Nate around for next season, right?

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Bulls fans attacking each other too, whats going on with this world we live in?
    It's embarassing. Damn kids letting their emotions cloud their better judgment.

And it's "would've", "would have", or even "woulda", but not "would of".

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    OP is my hero of the day for having that much guts.

but he also may be right. rose better come out with a pretty sensational reason for why he's letting his team down like this. otherwise he comes off as equally-talented dipshit such as iverson, francis, marbury, etc.

that's NOT a good look for anyone unless they're a total egomaniac playing a team game. then it's absolutely hilarious.
    Don't EVER compare Derrick Rose to a real man's man like Allen Iverson. Rose doesn't have an ounce of the heart and iron will that Iverson had.

Former Bulls Fan.

Quote Originally Posted by insomniac
    It's embarassing. Damn kids letting their emotions cloud their better judgment.

And it's "would've", "would have", or even "woulda", but not "would of".
    Hop off Rose's *******, you've been here seen 2006, you should know better.

Rose hasn't won us a championship, so why are we praising him again?

What if he comes back and hes not as good as you think he will be, what then? Will I still be letting my "emotions cloud my better judgment"?

The way i'm looking at it, it's you who needs to calm his emotions. You have a man-crush on Derrick Rose and fail to realize our team is playing so good without him yet hes taking up a massive chunk of our salary space while sitting out all of this year and a lot of the one before.

Saw a basketball once

Hop off Rose's *******, you've been here seen 2006, you should know better.
    It's a little funny the way you throw that out there, considering how you're all over Nate, in this very thread. I am not anyone's *****. What I am is rational. I am willing to give a former MVP the benefit of the doubt, and am not willing to send him packing just because some journeyman that barely averages double digits for his career has stepped it up for few games. Am I glad he has stepped it up? Absolutely. But, don't be fooled.

Rose hasn't won us a championship, so why are we praising him again?
    Neither have Noah or Nate, but that doesn't keep you from acting like they've been the best players on this team, all along.

What if he comes back and hes not as good as you think he will be, what then? Will I still be letting my "emotions cloud my better judgment"?
    If facts are established that he is no longer the player that used to be, and he can't be a serviceable backup to either Teague, Robinson, or Hinrich, then I'd have no problem letting him walk if he is still making the same amount of money he is now. But let's face it, using all of these "what if" scenarios in an effort to make your point is not helping.

The way i'm looking at it, it's you who needs to calm his emotions.
    You're projecting.

You have a man-crush on Derrick Rose and fail to realize our team is playing so good without him
    I am happy the team is playing well without him. It makes me wonder how well the team would be playing WITH him. As I said, Nate is stepping up, and that's great, but let's see him sustain that level of play before we are willing to hand the team over to him rather than back to a former MVP.

I myself have been dissapointed, annoyed,and called into question Rose's heart plenty of times this year. But to completely shi*at on him like you just did?

You mentioned the years with Hinrich and Wallace as our centerpieces. Then I'm assuming you also remember the annual dissapointment we had each and every year? The turmoils, ups, but mostly downs of drafting Hinrich, Ben Gordon, Lamarcus Aldridge (traded for Tyrus Thomas), of investing too much money into Ben Wallace, of trying to make Deng our franchise player but failing in that front.. years and years of regular season failures or first round after first round exits. Then... through SHEER luck and draw, we receive not only a potential superstar.. but one of our very own native born.

The last three years have been some of the most enjoyable I have had as a life-long Bulls fan. Much of that IS and ALWAYS WILL BE directly correlated to Derrick Rose. He isn't just our franchise player. He IS CHICAGO. To have someone so humble, soft-spoken, yet so hard-working.. something that EPITOMIZES the people of Chicago, play for us. Someone so different for the typical ego-tistical super star that originated from the south side? You can't make this shiat up. He was destined to be a Bull. To go through all those years of turmoil and then to have this native-born carry us to the playoffs each year since he's joined us. To have him develop, bond with his team-mates, converse and learn from Thibodeau, CARRY US to first seeds the last two years... AND YOUR GOING TO COMPLETELY SHIAT ON HIM LIKE YOU JUST DID? To not care that he gets traded? To not think he deserves that MVP? You do realize you just agreed with NumberSix that Rose isn't a significant player? As a Bulls fan, do you REALIZE THE CRAP COMING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH?

I'm sorry you feel that way man, but I'm not sorry for saying this. Your original post really puts into question you true loyalties to the city of Chicago. I'm not just saying the Chicago Bulls as a team, but the city of Chicago itself.

Dissapointed... annoyed... complaining about him to all your other sports city friends? That's exactly how I have felt and been doing along with all of my other Bulls friends, many of them still living in the northern suburbs of Stevenson, Roscoe village, Bridgeport, Edison Park etc... But to see someone like you claim to be a Bulls fan then completely shiat on the epitome of the city itself over a long-term decision?

I agree with many of the posters here. Say he comes back and completely dominates again, and you jump right back on the wagon, don't expect me to forget.

   

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Don't EVER compare Derrick Rose to a real man's man like Allen Iverson. Rose doesn't have an ounce of the heart and iron will that Iverson had.
    piss off. i'm from philly and spent many years as a sixers fan. i saw it all as 1st-hand as a local fan can.

iverson has little "heart and iron will" but vast mountain ranges of ego, stubbornness and self-righteousness. he did it all mainly for himself, and every little action on and off the court gave it away year after year.

dude is a disgrace of a human being IMO, and i certainly hope rose doesn't wind up like him.

The Holy Trinity

I have a question for Bulls fans who are from Chicago. What's it like there the day after-- sports radio/TV and just on the street in general?

I can't imagine what the atmosphere at the U.C. is going to be like. It's one of the toughest buildings to play in as an opponent under ordinary circumstances, let alone when it's the Heat, in the playoffs, and the Bulls are guaranteed to enter Game 3 having stolen HCA, no matter what happens in Game 2.

I don't see the Heat returning to Miami in any better position than a 2-2 tie. I fear that it may be... worse than that.
    Last edited by jrong; 05-07-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    piss off. i'm from philly and spent many years as a sixers fan. i saw it all as 1st-hand as a local fan can.

iverson has little "heart and iron will" but vast mountain ranges of ego, stubbornness and self-righteousness. he did it all mainly for himself, and every little action on and off the court gave it away year after year.

dude is a disgrace of a human being IMO, and i certainly hope rose doesn't wind up like him.
    That explains it.