Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA hall of famer

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    It doesn't matter what the average is if you have guys well below him on that formula.

Dumars has a finals mvp, but Gasol has better career numbers.

You really think the people voting will just ignore everything and only focus on the limited stuff you are looking at?

Nah...Gasol would make it on his NBA career alone.

I'd love to hear the argument for Dumars in and Gasol out. Solely because a finals MVP? Not good enough for people that actually know basketball.
    Dumars shut down MJ. True story.

Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Wait do you even understand what you've posted? First you make this post --

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    just looked up the minimum average needed to make the HOF based on past inductees and their score

http://www.basketball-reference.com/about/hof_prob.html

Hall of Fame probabilities are presented for all players with a minimum of 400 NBA games played. Although it can be risky to make predictions for active players, you can think of these probabilities as answering the question "If this player retired today, what is the probability he would be elected to the Hall of Fame?". The model was built using a pool of 750 players. One method to assess classification accuracy is to compare the estimated Hall of Fame probability for the case to the actual result. Of the 750 players, 89 had been elected to the Hall of Fame and 661 had not. If the player's predicted probability of election was greater than or equal to 0.5, I predicted that he was in the Hall of Fame. Of the 89 players in the Hall of Fame, 74 were correctly classified (83.1%) and 15 were not (16.9%). Of the 661 players not in the Hall of Fame, 651 were correctly classified (98.5%) and 10 were not (1.5%). Overall, 725 of the 750 players (96.7%) were correctly classified by the model.

gasols .60 isnt enough
    A blurb that explicitly says that with Gasol's 60% probability basketball-reference.com would predict that the player would make the HOF; and has cited statistical proof stating he's right over 95% of the time.

Yet you still have nerve to post this?

gasols nba hof rating is 0.621

the minimum to make the hall of fame is 0.83-0.84
    Last edited by 2LeTTeRS; 10-16-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Wait do you even understand what you've posted? The blurb explicitly says that with Gasol's 60% probability basketball-reference.com would predict that the player would make the HOF; and has cited statistical proof stating he's right over 95% of the time.
    60% of the time he's right 95% of the time.

College star

Default Re: the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA hall of famer

Pau Gasol is a legit HOFer.

no other player in history has done it

the only other guy on his team that might make it will be as an international contributor

Pau Gasols individual nba accolades arent up to par

4 reserve allstar selections
    1 third team all nba
    2 second team all nba's
    0-16 in the playoffs without kobe bryant

just as a comparison.. this is anfernee hardaways career

4 starting allstar selections
    2 first team all nba's
    1 third team all nba
    9 playoff wins without shaq

now.. say anfernee hardaway lucked out 2 rings with the suns behind jason kidd.. even if he had 2 good years.. he still wouldnt be a hall of famer.

and making the hall of fame based on winning olympic silver medals or euro competition gold isnt exactly on the same level as an nba hall of famer. considering that if an american wins a silver medal or some second rate international gold. that wouldnt get them a hall of fame nomination. plus its allot easier to be the best player on a euro national team than it is on the US team
    Stop trolling asshole.

Gasol does not have the international accomplishments to make it off just international career. He does not stack up to the other guys that made it solely on that.

He would make it based off BOTH NBA career and that.

STOP BEING A DAMN TROLL.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Stop trolling asshole.

Gasol does not have the international accomplishments to make it off just international career. He does not stack up to the other guys that made it solely on that.

He would make it based off BOTH NBA career and that.

STOP BEING A DAMN TROLL.
    Hey Euroleague, Kenneth believes that Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spanoulis. What do you think about that?

not an nba hall of famer though

international contributions elect
    There is no such thing as an "NBA Hall of Famer" you freaking idiot.

the only man to win multiple championships without another NBA HOF team mate......
    The NBA Hall of Fame only exists in your delusional mind. It does not exist in the real world.

Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Since there is no NBA hall of fame, are you saying that the HOF commitee will specifically cite Gasol's international career as the reason for his induction? It's a legitimate question because I don't know how that works, but it seems rather unlikely especially for a guy who had a long productive NBA career.

It does not work like that at all.

He is just a mega troll spewing total and complete BULLSHIT.

EVERY player that played in the NBA is classed as an NBA player.

Every player that did not play in the NBA is classed as an international player.

Gasol is therefore classed as a NBA player.

EVERY player from North America is classed as a North American player.

Every player from outside North America is classed as as a foreign player.

Therefore Gasol is classed as a foreign player.

There can be separate voting committees. So, Gasol would obviously be under the NBA voting committee, just like every other NBA player, however, he could be placed under the foreign player one.

If he was voted in under international, then only one guy per year can get in under that.

But he would not be voted in just for "international play". No way. Because the guys like Dalipagic, Kosic, Belov, Schmidt that are in there solely for international play............the standard is incredibly high, almost unattainable, and takes many many years to get elected. Schmidt just made it and Galis still has not even made it.

Gasol's career solely on "international play" is not even remotely close to those above guys. So this whole premise is complete BULLSHIT.

If he got elected, it would be like Sabonis or Divac, or Petrovic, based on entire career, based on body of work, INCLUDING NBA. He does not have the resume, nor the credentials to make it just on "international play" - at least not for the next 20-30 years anyway.

Besides that, it should also be clarified that the voting committee for the foreign players is all former NBA players from what I remember almost all of them are Americans anyway.

So this is a total myth that somehow there is this different imaginary criteria for European players. How the **** can the criteria and voting preference be different, when American NBA players are the ones voting on whether or not European players make it anyway?

This guy is just trolling like crazy.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-15-2013 at 07:57 PM.

its possible

kobe may play 5 more years. pau 3-4 if his legs/feet dont hold up

and itel be as an international contributor
    No it won't. Because Gasol isn't even eligible for any such thing. He's only eligible to enter as a player.

He's not even eligible to enter as a contributor you freaking moron.

If you think Pau Gasol had even 1/10 the impact on basketball development culturally in Spain that Yao did in China (which is why Yao is eligible for that) then you are replacing gabepizza as the new official biggest imbecile in this forum.

Pau Gasol has not done one single thing in his career to be eligible to make the hall of fame as a contributor. Maybe if he had a very long further career in the game for like another 30 years or so.................

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    I'm pretty sure that 14+ years in the NBA with 2 titles (as an all-star) assures that he won't be an "international contributor". It's not as if he's Arvydas Sabonis. Gasol has had a terrific NBA career.
    He just made that up. Gasol isn't even eligible for that.

For example the Hall of Fame recently said that Sarunas Marciulionis could be eligible for that IF he wanted to be, ONLY because of his "extraordinary contributions to the sport of basketball in the nation of Lithuania"

as in, he is probably the single most important figure in the history of the country in terms of the history of the sport, created the league, created the freaking national team, etc.

And even then............they HESITATED to even offer it to him.

And this clown is trying to pretend that freaking Pau Gasol would be eligible for that.

Banned

The NBA Hall of Fame only exists in your delusional mind. It does not exist in the real world.

Idiot.

you're the idiot

i didn't say theres an nba hall of fame

i said gasol wouldn't be going in based on his nba resume

hense... not a legit nba hall of famer

my point wasnt a factual classification. more of a metaphorical one

but there actually is class's of hall of famers .. yao ming played a long career in the nba. but he won't be going in as an nba player. hes elected as an international contributor to the game

now i agree gasol isnt a hall of fame international player either

i think hes got half of a hall of fame resume in the nba. and half of a hall of fame resume in international competition

if he does make it then whatever. but i still say its quite the loop hole for him to make it just based on some meaningless euro gold/olympic silver boost

as if a few international medals is anywhere close to being worth all the 1st team awards or allstar years hes missing

how hard is it to be the best player on spain? probably about half as difficult as being one of the 10 best players in basketball for a decade ( which he's nowhere close to being )

i think he had a good 3 year run. before that he was nowhere close to great. and after 2010 he dropped off the map

paus not a hall of famer IMO

and thats my opinion.

if rodman and reggie were 2nd ballot.. then pau will probably be left off the ballot for 20 years.. then when he gets in nobody will give a sh*t anyway

it was terrific

i like gasol. hes a really good player. for a few years he was great. even on an allstar level

and we couldnt have won without his help

but to say hes a hall of fame nba player is a joke
    There is no NBA Hall of fame genius.

Banned

There is no NBA Hall of fame genius.

look up

you're the idiot

i didn't say theres an nba hall of fame

i said gasol wouldn't be going in based on his nba resume

hense... not a legit nba hall of famer

my point wasnt a factual classification. more of a metaphorical one

but there actually is class's of hall of famers .. yao ming played a long career in the nba. but he won't be going in as an nba player. hes elected as an international contributor to the game

now i agree gasol isnt a hall of fame international player either

i think hes got half of a hall of fame resume in the nba. and half of a hall of fame resume in international competition

if he does make it then whatever. but i still say its quite the loop hole for him to make it just based on some meaningless euro gold/olympic silver boost

as if a few international medals is anywhere close to being worth all the 1st team awards or allstar years hes missing

how hard is it to be the best player on spain? probably about half as difficult as being one of the 10 best players in basketball for a decade ( which he's nowhere close to being )

i think he had a good 3 year run. before that he was nowhere close to great. and after 2010 he dropped off the map

paus not a hall of famer IMO

and thats my opinion.

if rodman and reggie were 2nd ballot.. then pau will probably be left off the ballot for 20 years.. then when he gets in nobody will give a sh*t anyway
    You are a moron.