2. Kobe
    3. T-Mac
    4. Wade

Default Re: Prime Kobe vs Prime T-mac vs Prime LeBron vs Prime Wade

LeBron
    Kobe
    Wade
    Tmac

Wade and LeBron are still in their prime so it's subject to change, IMO.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    How would you rank them?

My list

1. LeBron
    2. Kobe
    3. T-Mac
    4. Wade
    lolwut? I'm sorry but 2008-2009 Dwyane Wade was better than any version or season that Tracy McGrady has ever had in his life.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by BDiesel324
    lolwut?
    can't read?

Very good NBA starter

lolwut?
    Prime Mac was amazing.

1.T-Mac...6'8 with PG skills, super athletic, stupid deadly jumper
    2.LeBron...PF listed as a SF who plays like a scoring PG
    3.Kobe....no real physical gifts or advantages...just a lot of skill and focus
    4.Wade....6'4 combo guard who attacks the rim 24/7

Very good NBA starter

I'm sorry but 2008-2009 Dwyane Wade was better than any version or season that Tracy McGrady has ever had in his life.
    03 T-Mac was better. More athletic, better mid-range shooter, better passer, better ball-handler, better post-up game, much better three-point shooter, and was every bit the passer/play-maker Wade was while doing a much better job of not turning the ball over. Wade was better defensively, but it's not enough to make up for Mac's advantage offensively.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    03 T-Mac was better. More athletic, better mid-range shooter, better passer, better ball-handler, better post-up game, much better three-point shooter, and was every bit the passer/play-maker Wade was while doing a much better job of not turning the ball over. Wade was better defensively, but it's not enough to make up for Mac's advantage offensively.
    Tmac was a better passer? Or was every bit the passer/playmaker Wade was? They equally had garbage teams. Wade averaged 2 more apg than Mcgrady did. That doesn't sound very equal. As a matter of fact, that sounds like Wade is better than Mcgrady at that area.

Better mid-range shooter? Ok. I'm not going to disagree that Mcgrady wasn't a better post-up player or 3-point shooter than Wade. But Wade still produced as many points as Mcgrady and was a hella lot more efficient than Mcgrady ever was..

I love how you forgot how much more efficient Wade was than Mcgrady. 49% shooting shits on 45% shooting.

Banned

This thread has got to be a joke but I will play......

Kobe
    Tmac
    Lebron
    Wade

Kobe in his prime was a freaking beast and you could look up my Kobe's greatest game threads. They are freaking superior than anything Lebron, Tmac and Wade has done.

Lebron puts up big numbers but they are nothing compared to Bryant's 81 or 60+ in 3 quarters versus Dallas or Tmac scoring X amount of points in X amount of second games.

Too bad you guys and gals are too young to watch those games....

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I didn't know that Wade and Bron had hit their prime

But just to play along... if we considered Wade and Bron already past their primes (or in their prime):

Tmac= the only one out of the 4 mentioned that can match Kobe skill vs skill, and even edge him slightly (by a hair) in a dept or two, but he's more athletic and taller.

Kobe= Neither Wade nor Bron can match Kobe's skill and will to win (if we consider them at their peaks)

Wade= I know the numbers state one thing, but I like Wade's game more. I know that Bron has a better long distance jumper, but I feel that he shoots it more than he should, and he settles for the same moves too often. Wade is the balance between all of the players I mentioned

Bron = great athleticism, great court vision, the most raw player out of those mentioned. But he still needs polish..... which is very very scary.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Really?

7-time NBA All-Star

Tmac was a better passer? Or was every bit the passer/playmaker Wade was? They equally had garbage teams. Wade averaged 2 more apg than Mcgrady did. That doesn't sound very equal. As a matter of fact, that sounds like Wade is better than Mcgrady at that area.

Better mid-range shooter? Ok. I'm not going to disagree that Mcgrady wasn't a better post-up player or 3-point shooter than Wade. But Wade still produced as many points as Mcgrady and was a hella lot more efficient than Mcgrady ever was..

I love how you forgot how much more efficient Wade was than Mcgrady. 49% shooting shits on 45% shooting.
    I'm not going to argue who was better either way, but they didn't produce the same amount of ppg. 32>30. Oh, and he shot 46% in his peak season, yeah, I know that's being ****. But, McGrady made more than an extra 3 per game so that makes up for some of the disparity in FG%.

McGrady in that season was a better scorer, IMO, that's all I'll say. You could argue that T-Mac's 2003 season was the best scoring season by a perimeter player not named Jordan or Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Wade will be 29 next year, we've probably seen his peak even though he's still in his prime. Lebron is in his prime and has been for a few seasons, but I'm not sure if he's peaked yet because he'll only be 26 next year, though he has played 7 NBA seasons.

Very good NBA starter

He got more assists because he handles the ball more. That doesn't make him a better passer. Technically speaking Mac can make any pass Wade can make. His length allows him to see over the top of defenses better than Wade can, and his court vision/awareness is just as great. And he does a much better job taking care of the ball, which is a component of passing.

Better mid-range shooter? Ok.
    It's true.

I'm not going to disagree that Mcgrady wasn't a better post-up player or 3-point shooter than Wade. But Wade still produced as many points as Mcgrady and was a hella lot more efficient than Mcgrady ever was..

T-Mac's TS%--56%
    Wade's TS%--57%

And T-Mac did it on 2 more PPG.

32 PPG on 56%> 30 PPG on 57%

Not to mention T-Mac put up his numbers in a era where hand-checking was still allowed. In fact, if you look at the numbers the 99-04 era was the best in history in terms of defense.

1. Kobe...
    2.T-Mac...(Crazy how underrated he is being)
    3. LeBron
    4. Wade

I doubt anyone in NBA history will ever drop 35-5-5 again...IMO.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    LeBron
    Kobe
    Wade
    Tmac

Wade and LeBron are still in their prime so it's subject to change, IMO.
    This is how I have it as well. Prime T-Mac was a beast & a better shooter than Wade, but Wade is a better playmaker, attacks the rim better, & is a better defender which is why I give Wade the slight advantage.