Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: 2013 FIBA U19 World Championship: June 27-July 7

Euroleague what is your opinion on Dante Exum?

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Euroleague what is your opinion on Dante Exum?
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Who?
    the big athletic aussie guard

you posted about him on the last page.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duskovujosevic
    we played even game for 32 minutes. Than some bad calls by reeferes and lack of concetration in transition decided game. Well deserved win. In 5 years time, we will witness plays of future NBA stars in team USA. While on the other hand Serbia's players will struggle in some minor leagues in Ukraine, Poland, except maybe Micic and Milutinov.
    Jokic and Salic are one year younger than otheres on the team, I could see them becoming good EL players. Micic is already good enough for EL, Jankovic could become a role player on some EL teams and Milutinov only needs to get stronger to be one of better Cs in EL. Pot and Novak will be good enough for Adriatic league but I don't see them doing something more. So from this generation we have one player who is for sure good enough for NT and if we are lucky we might get 4 more ( Milutinov, Salic, Jokic, Jankovic ), not bad at all.

I don't get why is Gordon considered to be that talented, he can't do anything except dunk. He is the same as his older brothere Drew ( when Aaron got blocked 2 or 3 times in just 7 seconds I got a flashback of last season and thing his brother did ) just a litlle more bigger but both of them can't shoot ( well Drew has a nice midrange jumper ), play with lot of energy but have low basketball IQ. Also I can't belive Smart is projected to be 5th pick from what I saw Micic is better than him. Only players from USA that I was impressed by were Cs and that guard Payton. From othere countries I real liked Exum, he'll be a great player but he should improve his defence.
    Last edited by Fiba basketball; 07-09-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    I don't get why is Gordon considered to be that talented, he can't do anything except dunk. He is the same as his older brothere Drew ( when Aaron got blocked 2 or 3 times in just 7 seconds I got a flashback of last season and thing his brother did ) just a litlle more bigger but both of them can't shoot ( well Drew has a nice midrange jumper ), play with lot of energy but have low basketball IQ. Also I can't belive he is projected to be 5th pick from what I saw Micic is better than him. Only players from USA that I was impressed by were Cs and that guard Payton. From othere countries I real liked Exum, he'll be a great player but he should improve his defence.
    I couldn't watch the ugly USA basketball. I agree with you Gordon but he is really athletic and coordinated and that is a talent. The top US talent(Parker) just wasn't there.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Jokic and Salic are one year younger than otheres on the team, I could see them becoming good EL players. Micic is already good enough for EL, Jankovic could become a role player on some EL teams and Milutinov only needs to get stronger to be one of better Cs in EL. Pot and Novak will be good enough for Adriatic league but I don't see them doing something more. So from this generation we have one player who is for sure good enough for NT and if we are lucky we might get 4 more ( Milutinov, Salic, Jokic, Jankovic ), not bad at all.
    BTW we'have had talented generations before (Serbia), but somehow we can't seem to be able to have these kids make the transition to the next level.

We don't make guards anymore, just big men. The reason is simple: you need time to form a guard, you need someone to teach them the tricks of the trade, for teams in Serbia struggling with $$$$, it's a bad investment.

With the big guys, it's easy. You have plenty of 6-7 - 6-11 guys walking the streets and you teach them to bang and occasionally to shoot and after a while you sell them as stretch power forwards, end of story.

Micic is the first interesting guard since Teodosic. Both are not products of our system, which sucks, despite many people believing the contrary. Both are talented and creative, solid shooters with excellent size, IQ, court vision and handles, with Micic being more athletic and able to play some defense.

I hope Micic is our guard for the future, because our national team lacks severely at PG/SG. BTW the guy endured two serious knee injuries in the last 6 years, but still managed to come back strong. Respect!

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    the big athletic aussie guard

you posted about him on the last page.
    I was making a joke as that is the reply Euroleague would have made if he answered his post. He's not very informative on the international talent.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I couldn't watch the ugly USA basketball. I agree with you Gordon but he is really athletic and coordinated and that is a talent. The top US talent(Parker) just wasn't there.
    Well is it enough for him to make a great career ?
    Smart is athletic too but I didn't see anything else he can do good enough for NBA or better European leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by fandarko
    BTW we'have had talented generations before (Serbia), but somehow we can't seem to be able to have these kids make the transition to the next level.

We don't make guards anymore, just big men. The reason is simple: you need time to form a guard, you need someone to teach them the tricks of the trade, for teams in Serbia struggling with $$$$, it's a bad investment.

With the big guys, it's easy. You have plenty of 6-7 - 6-11 guys walking the streets and you teach them to bang and occasionally to shoot and after a while you sell them as stretch power forwards, end of story.

Micic is the first interesting guard since Teodosic. Both are not products of our system, which sucks, despite many people believing the contrary. Both are talented and creative, solid shooters with excellent size, IQ, court vision and handles, with Micic being more athletic and able to play some defense.

I hope Micic is our guard for the future, because our national team lacks severely at PG/SG. BTW the guy endured two serious knee injuries in the last 6 years, but still managed to come back strong. Respect!
    Teodosic is great shooter while Micic is at best average but Micic has much better handles and can finish near the rim better than almost any our player at the moment. Micic is worse defender than Teodosic, you think that he isn't because instead of Spanoulis,Farmar,DD he guards Covic and other Serbian league guards.

I don't agree that our NT lacks PG/SG more than Cs. At pg we have Teodosic and Markovic which is great, we have problem at sg because Duda doesn't want to call Milosavljevic who is our best sg at the moment and because Bogdanovic still needs to improve. Our biggest problem is C where we have Krstic, Katic, Stimac, Musli, Gagic. When Krstic gets old we'll be left with Stimac, Musli and Gagic wich is terrible, that's why I hope that at least one of Milutinov, Salic and Ristic will become a great player.

is Micic gonna be invited into serbian NT camp by any chance? He seems mature and physically strong enough to be Teodosic backup at least

he is invited but wont make in final 12.

Micic can play sg too so there is a chance for him to be in final 12.