Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: 2013 FIBA U19 World Championship: June 27-July 7

ingenious plays by micic, will his creativity be enough to be selected in first round? i dont think so. lack of athleticism and lateral quickness seems too much for some serious role in the NBA. Euroleague would be perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by duskovujosevic
    ingenious plays by micic, will his creativity be enough to be selected in first round? i dont think so. lack of athleticism and lateral quickness seems too much for some serious role in the NBA. Euroleague would be perfect fit.
    The only issue I see is that it might make him a liability on defense. Despite his lack of explosion, he was getting to his spots on the floor by keeping his opponents off balance thanks to his tight handle and shiftiness with the ball. There's definitely a place for him in the NBA if he can show that he's an OK defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    The only issue I see is that it might make him a liability on defense. Despite his lack of explosion, he was getting to his spots on the floor by keeping his opponents off balance thanks to his tight handle and shiftiness with the ball. There's definitely a place for him in the NBA if he can show that he's an OK defender.
    Def not an elite prospect from the very little I've seen. What I saw today was pick and rolls against a very bad team defense who was overmatched down low. He may turn out to be an NBA player but he didn't seem to prove he belongs in the lottery like Exum.

this current lithuanian team is like few levels below our golden generation from two years ago...nobody capable of beating USA guards trapping the ballhandler, which of course results in a chaos on every single offensive possession Only Grigonis and Dimsa seem like OK prospects in a context of things. Still, we should beat aussies for the 3rd spot I guess
    Last edited by madmax; 07-06-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Are the games over? Missed some action. I want to see some international talent.

Exum is young, I cant see him declaring for the draft next year. Listening to his interview he seems like he wants to go to college?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Are the games over? Missed some action. I want to see some international talent.
    The USA game is still going on. The other game is over. However, there are replays on ESPN3.

Quote Originally Posted by duskovujosevic
    ingenious plays by micic, will his creativity be enough to be selected in first round? i dont think so. lack of athleticism and lateral quickness seemstoo much for some serious role in the NBA. Euroleague would be perfect fit.
    That's an odd comment to make, considering lack of lateral speed hurts a player more in Euroleague than it does in the NBA, ESPECIALLY for point guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    That's an odd comment to make, considering lack of lateral speed hurts a player more in Euroleague than it does in the NBA, ESPECIALLY for point guards.

No he means in Euroleague slow, unathletic guards like Spanoulis can be successful while in the NBA they would be eaten alive, like what happened to Spanoulis and Jasikevius. They were just embarrassed in the NBA. Looked like little boys playing against grown mean.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Great game so far

USA wins the title over Serbia 80-64. Serbia was clearly the 2nd best team in this tournament, they were the only ones who were able to handle the US press. Harrell, Stokes, and Gordon's athleticism and energy down low was one of the US' biggest strengths in this tournament. There's a lot of future first round picks on this team. Serbia was the only team to get within 25 points of the USA in this tournament, losing by 9 the first time and 14 today.

Montrezl Harrell was the leading scorer with 17 points. He was a role player for Louisville last year, but he'll have a chance to lead them this year.

All tournament team:
    Micic
    Exum
    Saric
    Gordon
    Okafor

Aaron Gordon was named MVP.
    Last edited by Grinder; 07-07-2013 at 04:18 PM.

we played even game for 32 minutes. Than some bad calls by reeferes and lack of concetration in transition decided game. Well deserved win. In 5 years time, we will witness plays of future NBA stars in team USA. While on the other hand Serbia's players will struggle in some minor leagues in Ukraine, Poland, except maybe Micic and Milutinov.

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    No he means in Euroleague slow, unathletic guards like Spanoulis can be successful while in the NBA they would be eaten alive, like what happened to Spanoulis and Jasikevius. They were just embarrassed in the NBA. Looked like little boys playing against grown mean.

If that is what he means, then he is retarded, just like you.

Defense in NBA at point guard position is non existent, and no team, manager, coach cares one iota if their point guards can guard anyone in NBA.

As for Jasikevicius, he has always been the worst defender at point guard position in Europe, until Bobby Brown and Jordan Farmar replaced him as worst defenders than him.

All three were rotation players in the NBA.

And Jose Calderon is way worse on defense than Jasikevicius is anyway, and he's been starting in the NBA for years and years now.

And Spanoulis is light years a better defender than Nash..........who was 2 time NBA MVP. Spanoulis is every bit as quick and fast and athletic as Tony Parker, plus he is quicker laterally than Parker and better on defense than Parker, the so-called one of the two best NBA point guards.

NBA scouts call Nedovic, "an elite athlete" and he was one of the slower point guards in Euroleague. Ty Lawson has been called "fastest point guard in NBA" and he could not even get into the lane in Euroleague.

In other words, you are so crazy that you should be locked up in a padded cell.

No one in NBA is even asked to play defense at the point guard position.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-07-2013 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    If that is what he means, then he is retarded, just like you.

Defense in NBA at point guard position is non existent, and no team, manager, coach cares one iota if their point guards can guard anyone in NBA.

As for Jasikevicius, he has always been the worst defender at point guard position in Europe, until Bobby Brown and Jordan Farmar replaced him as worst defenders than him.

All three were rotation players in the NBA.

And Jose Calderon is way worse on defense than Jasikevicius is anyway, and he's been starting in the NBA for years and years now.

And Spanoulis is light years a better defender than Nash..........who was 2 time NBA MVP. Spanoulis is every bit as quick and fast and athletic as Tony Parker, plus he is quicker laterally than Parker and better on defense than Parker, the so-called one of the two best NBA point guards.

NBA scouts call Nedovic, "an elite athlete" and he was one of the slower point guards in Euroleague. Ty Lawson has been called "fastest point guard in NBA" and he could not even get into the lane in Euroleague.

In other words, you are so crazy that you should be locked up in a padded cell.

No one in NBA is even asked to play defense at the point guard position.

Spanoulis was an absolute joke in the NBA. In the NBA there is no zone defense to protect slow and unathletic players like Spanoulis so coaches cannot put them on the flow. I watched Spanoulis in the NBA. Everytime he was on defense NBA guards would just blow past him like he was stuck in mud. There was a reason he averaged 2.7 ppg in the NBA. Everytime he went up for a shot he got it sent back in his face. Watching Spaoulis in the NBA was was like watching a little boy play against men. He was out of his league and embarrassed. It was really sad. I felt bad for him. There is a reason he went back to Europe with his tail between his legs, totally exposed as a slow, unathletic scrub.

There is a reason why he couldn't even beat a Nigerian team that lost to the US by 87 points. The Nigerian team had decent athletes but they looked like world beaters playing against slow, unathletic scrubs like Spanoulis and Bourousis. Swooping in for put back dunks, driving to the hoop at will. Once Nigerian tried that against NBA level athletes they couldn't keep up and lost by 87 points. Spanoulis and Borusous, while decent players in Europe, are way too slow and unathletic to compete against NBA level athletes as we all saw in 2007.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

shut the **** up. go take this in the hundreds of other threads about euroleague/nba.