Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Default Re: Peak Dwyane Wade vs Peak Tracy McGrady

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Wade puts up better numbers in the post-season and also Tmac was a player that struggled against the elite/better defenses in the league. Wade never had that problem as he always dominated every team regardless of how good they were defensively.
    Defenses honed in on T-Mac far more intensely than they do Wade as he was viewed as a more potent offensive threat.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Did you even watch Tmac play or are you just looking up stats?

Wade can't even come off curls, can't go left, post on either side of the block, can't hit you with the 1,2 dribble pull up, etc.etc. etc.

Tmac also shot more 3pointers than Wade, and not necessarily because he was Kobe dumb, but because the defense harassed him like no player since MJ. He'd get doubled and triple teamed more frequently, than any player today, and he didn't have help to take away the pressure.

Tmac's height also helped him as a passer, he gave teams mismatch problems that Wade doesn't. Reason why he didn't average more assists is because he actually din't run point forward like Bron. His system was different, he played differently, but in the moments he did run the offense, he was just as good as Bron, setting up teammates, finding open men, making pin point laser like passes and he was just as willing/unselfish as Bron as well.

Kinda easy to dismiss Tmac now, but I remember even Riley saying how he was the closest to MJ at one point (or something similar).
    He did do that. And he was better at coming off through screens back then with the catch and shoot. He didn't do it as often as the iso jumper, which did do a couple of dribbles and pull up in your face. I don't know where all of that went the following years. He didn't post up much back then, and I don't remember if he couldn't go to his left. I find it unusual that he couldn't though.

With that said though, T-Mac was better off the ball. Wade was basically the point guard of the team, so he had the ball mainly in his hands. Not as much as LeBron, but still more than T-Mac. And Wade was better at finishing at the rim than T-Mac, and didn't take as many 3s (cuz he sucked in comparison), and a bit better shot selection. This all contribute to his better FG%, but T-Mac was the better shooter.

And back then, Vince Carter, Kobe, T-Mac, Stackhouse, Iverson were all compared to Jordan and saying how they were the closest to MJ almost every year there was another player.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Defenses honed in on T-Mac far more intensely than they do Wade as he was viewed as a more potent offensive threat.
    That's not true. They just couldn't stop Wade because he was too quick. The Celtics in 2010 with Paul Pierce said that they tried to stop Wade, but couldn't in the playoffs. In 2006, him and Shaq were the main threat and the Pistons couldn't stop either of them.

The Hawks had the athleticism to keep up with Wade, but he was dealing with back spasms that series.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Completely subjective. That statement can't be validated one way or the other.

NBA rookie of the year

This dude really said Wade has no two dribble pull-up? U gotta be shittin me.

That's a got damn patented move of Wade. Dudes on here lie with no shame.

Wade

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

ROFL @ Wade coming off curls.

The mufuhka just started doing that the past 2 years or so, and he aint nowhere as consistent as Tmac, let alone a threat.

His entire game is based on using picks WITH the ball, which is different than coming off curls. Wade has never been anywhere close to Tmac at playing off the ball, and he's only good with the ball when he's driving. His pull up at his best is still inconsistent and sloppy. Let alone having a 1-2 pull up dribble that Tmac had. Tmac would hit you with the pull up with ease from anywhere on the court, on any angle/position

Arcadia, CA

tmac was more well rounded offensively, wade was more efficient and better at attacking the basket. Wade's defense is better, great shot blocker. Also wade is proven in the playoffs so I go with wade.

To be honest with you, when you talk about tmac in his prime it feels like it was so long ago back in his Orlando days. When he was with houston he was never as good as orlando tmac...So it's been roughly a decade since tmac's prime

hmmm

Dwyane Wade

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    ROFL @ Wade coming off curls.

The mufuhka just started doing that the past 2 years or so, and he aint nowhere as consistent as Tmac, let alone a threat.

His entire game is based on using picks WITH the ball, which is different than coming off curls. Wade has never been anywhere close to Tmac at playing off the ball, and he's only good with the ball when he's driving. His pull up at his best is still inconsistent and sloppy. Let alone having a 1-2 pull up dribble that Tmac had. Tmac would hit you with the pull up with ease from anywhere on the court, on any angle/position… simply deadly.
    You didn't watch enough 2008-09 D-Wade then.

He did came off curls and had a catch and shoot move. But, he didn't do that as often as the 1-2 pull up dribble you are saying that he didn't have. The fact that you said he didn't have that and he was inconsistent that year about it, is evidence that you didn't watch him enough of Wade. After that year he was inconsistent, yeah. But not in that specific year. Where did it all go? I dunno.

You are right that he does dominate the ball, which he use picks with the ball. He did that a lot too. But not as much as LeBron and he was better off the ball than you what you are mentioning.
    Last edited by Micku; 11-26-2012 at 02:55 AM.

Peak TMac - better talent, better scoring, better defense, better overall player with no refs help..

Peak Wade - bf with the refs, love by the refs, help by the refs.. Wade without refs is nothing.. Refs made him the player he was.. D-Whistle..

I'm going to pick opposite to what andgar picked, purely because andgar actually came to that decision. Simply because he is wrong in 100% of these types of threads. By "these type of threads", I simply mean basketball threads. Hes retarded is what I'm trying to get at.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

tmac .... its not even funny...

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    You didn't watch enough 2008-09 D-Wade then.

He did came off curls and had a catch and shoot move. But, he didn't do that as often as the 1-2 pull up dribble you are saying that he didn't have. The fact that you said he didn't have that and he was inconsistent that year about it, is evidence that you didn't watch him enough of Wade. After that year he was inconsistent, yeah. But not in that specific year. Where did it all go? I dunno.

You are right that he does dominate the ball, which he use picks with the ball. He did that a lot too. But not as much as LeBron and he was better off the ball than you what you are mentioning.
    Wade is my fav player.

I've seen plenty of Wade, probably more than anybody here. I know his game inside and out. He can do some of the things you guys claim he does, on a very limited basis, if and when he does do them.

His strengths are his speed and slashing.

When he's hot, he can get some shots off, but only when he's hot. What he does when he's hot, is the type of shit Tmac, Kobe, Melo and others did on an avg night. What made Wade special was his ability to explode and keep attacking while he was hot. Most players start taking long shots when they're hot, Wade would keep attacking.

One thing that I still hate about Wade is the fact that he goes to his left 98% of the time.

I started off by saying he's my fav player, I need to clarify that.

He USED to be my fav player. But he's frustrated me with his inability to improve, with his lack of focus and at times desire to play. I'm done screaming at the tv when he starts to feel down on himself, then start pumping his chest after a dunk trying to psych himself up.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Dwyane Wade is better. Really no reason to go in depth about it either. Wade is simply better.

If I needed to win one game, I'd want Wade over McGrady on my team anyday of the week. Twice on Sundays.

Only suckers for aesthetics would chose T-Mac over Wade.