Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Would you trade Lebron for Nash?

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    **** I wouldn't even trade Bron for Oscar, ESPECIALLY if Oscar was 30 years old.

this is unbelievable.

excuse me who told you you could talk?

because Lebron is much better player than Nash. that ain't enough? let me break it down:

if you take Nash out of the equation everything about the suns changes. you can no longer base your offense around one guy zipping around the court firing pinpoint passes to shooters and dunkers. you can no longer, really, have a fastpaced PG intensive team.

Mike Dantoni is not a moron. he's smarter than you. he knows that if you take Nash out of the equation and replace him with the REAL MVP, who is a high post player, that the offensive scheme of the Suns will change. they'll still run of course. but in the halfcourt their offense will be based on getting Bron the ball in the high post.

HISTORICALLY, teams that base their offenses 15 feet away from the basket are more successful than teams that base their offense in the hands of a point guard. because PGs have to work harder for their points and the teammates have to work harder to get open.

what the Suns would do is this:

PG Barbosa
    SG Bell
    SF Bron
    PF Marion
    C Stoudemire

this team would feature Bron in a distributive role. Barbosa has handles so he can bring the ball up but it's immediately given to Bron, who is nearly as good at scoring as Nash and will look to hit one of the three point shooters or get the ball in scoring position to Marion and Stoudemire, just like Nash does. only it will be in a more controlled halfcourt setting and you'd have the added benefit of Bron's unstoppable scoring ability.

now that we've proven that the Suns would be a better team, ESPECIALLY as far as the playoffs are concerned, with Bron over Nash, let's explore the other reason Suns rape this trade:

Steve Nash is old. he doesn't have a ton of time left. once Nash gets old the Suns are finished especially since they passed up Marcus Willliams in the draft. Bron is what 22? the Suns don't lose any passing ability, they gain top 3 scoring ability and a high post option who puts more individual pressure on the defense, and he's 8 or so years younger.

oh yeah. and want Bron to take on a pure scorer's role? put in Diaw.

Barbosa
    Bron
    Diaw
    Marion
    Stoudemire

whose stopping that team? more importantly, whose stopping that team in the PLAYOFFS?
    What he said.

Fantasy Forum Mod haterofhaters's Avatar

excuse me who told you you could talk?
    that's such a lazy answer. so now the king has to give permission to people so they can respond to him?
    because Lebron is much better player than Nash. that ain't enough? let me break it down:

what the Suns would do is this:

PG Barbosa
    SG Bell
    SF Bron
    PF Marion
    C Stoudemire

[B
    this team would feature Bron in a distributive role.[/B] Barbosa has handles so he can bring the ball up but it's immediately given to Bron, who is nearly as good at scoring as Nash and will look to hit one of the three point shooters or get the ball in scoring position to Marion and Stoudemire, just like Nash does. only it will be in a more controlled halfcourt setting and you'd have the added benefit of Bron's unstoppable scoring ability.

now that we've proven that the Suns would be a better team, ESPECIALLY as far as the playoffs are concerned, with Bron over Nash, let's explore the other reason Suns rape this trade:

oh yeah. and want Bron to take on a pure scorer's role? put in Diaw.

Barbosa
    Bron
    Diaw
    Marion
    Stoudemire

whose stopping that team? more importantly, whose stopping that team in the PLAYOFFS?
    How can a team with Bron and Stoudemire be cohesive?? It just wouldn't work. And Lebron being unstoppable beast in the paint wouldn't work either. You're not taking into account that Lebron is most unstoppable when he's in the lane, and so is Amare... So either Lebron would have to change his game to a perimeter game or else Amare would no longer be a factor..

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by haterofhaters
    that's such a lazy answer. so now the king has to give permission to people so they can respond to him?

How can a team with Bron and Stoudemire be cohesive?? It just wouldn't work. And Lebron being unstoppable beast in the paint wouldn't work either. You're not taking into account that Lebron is most unstoppable when he's in the lane, and so is Amare... So either Lebron would have to change his game to a perimeter game or else Amare would no longer be a factor..
    LeBron would draw defenders to him when he drove to the basket (if he didn't, it is an easy layup). Amare would be there to clean it up if it was a miss or Bron could just toss it up to him for an easy dunk. As a matter of fact, I think Bron and Amare could work very well off of each other.

Banned

How can a team with Bron and Stoudemire be cohesive?? It just wouldn't work.
    if you say so.

And Lebron being unstoppable beast in the paint wouldn't work either.
    really! ok.

let's list off every single pairing in the NBA that's never happened and never will happen and say it wouldn't work. we can't be proven wrong! logic be damned.

You're not taking into account that Lebron is most unstoppable when he's in the lane, and so is Amare...
    and youre not taking into account that both players are automatic from 18 feet and that Bron can do more than just dunk.

technically EVERY player is most unstoppable when they're in the paint so..

from now on, yeah. just him though.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Greg Oden is no LeBron James and Tim Duncan is vastly superior to Nash.

Bad analogy.
    I suggest you take it up with the 2007 MVP runner-up, Kevin Durant.

P.S. You might want to try cropping the part that doesn't apply when you quote somebody. It's not that difficult.

:
    and youre not taking into account that both players are automatic from 18 feet and that Bron can do more than just dunk.

technically EVERY player is most unstoppable when they're in the paint so..

from now on, yeah. just him though.
    Ok... I know that Amare has improved his midrange game, but to say that he's automatic from 18 feet is a tad bit of an exaggeration, wouldn't you say??

Dunking on everybody in the park

whose stopping that team?
    Nobody--they'd be awesome.

They might even win 31 of 33 at some point.

Banned

Ok... I know that Amare has improved his midrange game, but to say that he's automatic from 18 feet is a tad bit of an exaggeration, wouldn't you say??
    playing around with connotations doesn't change the fact that the original statement is invalid. to say that Bron, a player of infinite offensive ability, and Amare, the best finishing secondary player in basketball, wouldn't get along, is ridiculous.

playing around with connotations doesn't change the fact that the original statement is invalid. to say that Bron, a player of infinite offensive ability, and Amare, the best finishing secondary player in basketball, wouldn't get along, is ridiculous.
    I'm not saying they wouldn't get along. I'm sure they'd have a ball (no pun intended). But the fact of the matter is, Amare is happy unless he gets touches... and lots of them. Lebron would definitely have the ability to completely change his game and become primarily a passer, but would he really want to?

MLK of NBA Minorities

Absolutely yes. If I have Jordan, Bird and Magic in my team, I'll trade all of them for Steve Nash, straight up.

Banned

But the fact of the matter is, Amare is happy unless he gets touches... and lots of them. Lebron would definitely have the ability to completely change his game and become primarily a passer, but would he really want to?
    Steve Nash dominate the ball like no other player in the game. balls in his hands 24/7 unless somebody is dunking or shooting a 3. touches isn't what Amare wants. what Amare wants is shots. Bron being primarily a passer wouldn't be that big a change from what he is now. it seems when you watch the Cavs that he's being forced to be exclusively a scorer these days. his problem is that he doesn't have anyone to pass to. no shooters, no finisheres on his team so he's got to do everything himself. I think having guys like Amare on his team would be seen as a blessing not an inconvenience.

Good High School Starter lakers-city's Avatar

since when can lebron even carry jordan, magic or larry's jocks ?

Steve Nash dominate the ball like no other player in the game. balls in his hands 24/7 unless somebody is dunking or shooting a 3. touches isn't what Amare wants. what Amare wants is shots. Bron being primarily a passer wouldn't be that big a change from what he is now. it seems when you watch the Cavs that he's being forced to be exclusively a scorer these days. his problem is that he doesn't have anyone to pass to. no shooters, no finisheres on his team so he's got to do everything himself. I think having guys like Amare on his team would be seen as a blessing not an inconvenience.
    ok. point taken

However, my main point is that ALL of the Suns player are scorers and need touches.. So therefore, Lebron would have to down his own scoring to around what Nash averages, 20 a game... And the thing about Nash's 20, is that he's so damn accurate. He doesn't need a lot of shots, but he makes more than 50%..

Sure Lebron COULD make the team better. Most definitely.. And if he wouldn't mind dropping 10 points off his average or so, then yes. perfect fit.

But if we're talking about what Lebron needs, it's a good 2nd option, not a 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc.. he likes to pass but lets remember he's NOT a point guard.

MLK of NBA Minorities

Quote Originally Posted by TheHonestTruth
    Absolutely yes. If I have Jordan, Bird and Magic in my team, I'll trade all of them for Steve Nash, straight up.
    And I'll throw in LeBron and KG for free as well.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DreamRockets
    yeah, sure lebron is gonna run the best offense in the league as well as nash does