Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mike Brown is going to cost us a championship this year & next

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I am giving mike brown the benefit of the doubt.. He has until the end of November to figure this out. If he doesn't, I'm done with him. I will want him fired at that point.

For now, it does not seem like this hybrid princeton offense will work at all. It is making Nash be just a sideshow. Why the hell would you pay Nash this much to be nothing more than a Derek Fisher?? You are NOT fully utilizing Nash's strengths. Princeton hybrid MUST go down the trash. Princeton offense has never won a championship before on the professional level for a reason.

The offense must start with Nash. Pick&roll with the bigs, alley-oops, very little isolations with kobe, do some quick nash to gasol in highpost to dwight in the paint, use kobe to draw double teams out of the post and get dwight his one-on-one matchup in paint or find the open man..

My opinion of what coaching staff should focus on:
    -Use Nash PROPERLY OR TRADE HIM.
    -Get RID of princeton offense. You can use parts of it but only to a minor degree.
    -Hire somebody to work with Dwight one-on-one to improve his FT shooting. This is a MUST and first priority. Orlando used to have somebody, Lakers need somebody too. 21% FT shooting is beyond horrendous, it's unspeakable. 60% FT shooting yesterday from Dwight would have made it a 2pt game
    Brown is flat out not capable of improvement, he's just a video coordinator who talked his way into 2 jobs and took advantage of a dumb owner...Jimmy.

Chuck Person is working with Dwight on his free throw shooting, of the coaches we have, he is the right person to do this.

The 2 things I'm most upset about are;

Playing Metta 36 ineffective minutes while not playing Ebanks

Playing Pau so far away from the basket, he was a non-factor with the starting unit and doesn't have the range to play away from the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Playing Pau so far away from the basket, he was a non-factor with the starting unit and doesn't have the range to play away from the basket.
    I think that is one of the requirements of the hybrid princeton offense they are using (the offense has to initiate through the big man playing point center basically - for us, it is Gasol). Adelman used to use it with the Kings as you probably already know. They had Chris Webber at PF playing the role that they are trying to get Pau Gasol to play. The issue is that Webber had range that Gasol does not, Gasol is not even the best player on the team like Webber was with the Sacramento Queens.

This offense, if it isn't changed soon, will end up getting Mike Brown fired.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Its a new offense man. Its only the second time the starters played together. Im sure the coaching staff went over it again. You'll see an improvement in offensive structure and execution today. Can we make our free throws is another question?
    fcuk offense I am talking about defense....energy....hustle....all 3 of these were missing yesterday....

they never got any stops...dammit Eddy Curry went HAM on the lakers...in the paint with Pau and Howard....lol

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I think that is one of the requirements of the hybrid princeton offense they are using (the offense has to initiate through the big man playing point center basically - for us, it is Gasol). Adelman used to use it with the Kings as you probably already know. They had Chris Webber at PF playing the role that they are trying to get Pau Gasol to play. The issue is that Webber had range that Gasol does not, Gasol is not even the best player on the team like Webber was with the Sacramento Queens.

This offense, if it isn't changed soon, will end up getting Mike Brown fired.

better do it now then later...without wasting a year of pau/kobe/nash/howard

why the fcuk did we sign Ebanks and let go barnes when Brown dumb a$$ brown wants to play Jamison at 3?

Jamison should be a stretch 4 with hill at 5 ...playing with nash or kobe....

nash/kobe
    meeks
    ebanks
    jamison
    J hill

this should be the rotation with the bench....and not

blake
    meeks
    jamison
    J hill
    pau/howard

its worse when howard/j hill are both in the game...no freaking spacing...I can understand it...why cant dumb potato head????

being long make ZERO sh!T when the players cant make shots...

my reaction to coaching yesterday...rotations

NBA lottery pick

Even though it took more than a season I'm glad to see that people are finally seeing how much Mike Brown is holding this team back. I honestly feel like he would hold most any team back. Last year he had a mostly inherited roster. He tried to make a roster that he didn't have much say in, play a style of his own and it obviously didn't work out well. This year the Lakers have a roster of his own. He tried to install his system and it still doesn't work.

He clearly doesn't coach to his players strengths. What coach on the face of the earth would have Steve Nash just camp out on the perimeter? Well, I guess we know the answer.... there's one and it's Brown. He basically turned a guy who makes plays for anyone and everyone into a SG who just camps out at the 3 point line. Nash was completely ineffective last night because of this. At least Kobe, Dwight, and Pau all put up decent numbers. Also as we all saw the rotations were terrible (again). Sure the Lakers missed some FT's. I actually blame part of that on him too. This offense isn't getting our good FT shooters to the line. It helps teams hack Dwight and we saw what happened there. The team definitely wasn't fired up for last night. There was no energy.

Bad strategy, bad rotation, bad energy. That sums up my long post, lol. All of that is on the coach. Fire him now. Again, I think we should have the discussion of who could take his place. That's the tough part.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    better do it now then later...without wasting a year of pau/kobe/nash/howard

why the fcuk did we sign Ebanks and let go barnes when Brown dumb a$$ brown wants to play Jamison at 3?

Jamison should be a stretch 4 with hill at 5 ...playing with nash or kobe....

nash/kobe
    meeks
    ebanks
    jamison
    J hill

this should be the rotation with the bench....and not

blake
    meeks
    jamison
    J hill
    pau/howard

its worse when howard/j hill are both in the game...no freaking spacing...I can understand it...why cant dumb potato head????

being long make ZERO sh!T when the players cant make shots...

my reaction to coaching yesterday...rotations
    Who was Jamison paired up against last night?

Anyways ... our bench sucks ... I feel like Meeks and Ebanks are inconsistent. No one to lead the floor while Nash and Kobe are off. I would feel much better if the Lakers signed Odom and had him in the 3 instead of Ebanks. Odom might have fell off but guess what? He has the experience.

We need a veteran in our Bench, someone who'll talk .. someone who'll lead the floor while the starters are off.

Jamison? Please

I think it's time to move Ron Ron to the bench.

Blake
    Ebanks
    Artest
    Jamison
    Hill

--- Too slow? Want to speed it up?

Nash/Blake
    Ebanks/Duhon
    Artest
    Jamison
    Hill

But we dont need to speed it up ... remember we're running a Princeton offense

But if that 2nd lineup was to happen ... Nash would be playing 5 mins into the game and play in the 2nd qtr. along with the bench.

Our bench needs to change.

NBA lottery pick

Lakers fans flocked to the exits during the fourth quarter - you know how fickle L.A. fans are - and at least in one section, "Fire Mike Brown" chants erupted. It's always a scene here, and even David Beckham stayed to the bitter end, watching the Lakers miss 19 of 31 free throws. It was the first game of the season, but already, the boos were out. Los Angeles Daily News
    I like the part about the "Fire Mike Brown" chants

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Who was Jamison paired up against last night?

Anyways ... our bench sucks ... I feel like Meeks and Ebanks are inconsistent. No one to lead the floor while Nash and Kobe are off. I would feel much better if the Lakers signed Odom and had him in the 3 instead of Ebanks. Odom might have fell off but guess what? He has the experience.

We need a veteran in our Bench, someone who'll talk .. someone who'll lead the floor while the starters are off.

Jamison? Please

I think it's time to move Ron Ron to the bench.

Blake
    Ebanks
    Artest
    Jamison
    Hill

--- Too slow? Want to speed it up?

Nash/Blake
    Ebanks/Duhon
    Artest
    Jamison
    Hill

But we dont need to speed it up ... remember we're running a Princeton offense

But if that 2nd lineup was to happen ... Nash would be playing 5 mins into the game and play in the 2nd qtr. along with the bench.

Our bench needs to change.
    i dont want to see blake play 1 min...freaking the MOST useless player on the lakers.....

why the fcuk is Brown not playing ebanks? moron potato head

Tricked or Treat?

MB smell my feet. Give me something good to eat.

Well, yeah. Just blown out by Portland. I don't know who or what to blame for this one. Horrible defense.

When the defense is bad...PJax made adjustment. I don't see MB doing any thing good.

Why does Brown trust the 2nd unit so much that he only put 1 starter in it? When they are strugling, I think he should leave 2 in there and work out some time rotation in such they won't be so deficit in skills on the battlefield. I remember PJAx usually have 1-2 starters not 1 and trust the new rookies will handle it.

NBA lottery pick

I don't even like to watch the way the Lakers are running things anymore. Fire Mike Brown!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    i dont want to see blake play 1 min...freaking the MOST useless player on the lakers.....

why the fcuk is Brown not playing ebanks? moron potato head

NBA lottery pick

I think I may have come up with an idea that can fix the Lakers problems. What if Kupchack gave Latrell Sprewell a call about making a comeback? It really couldn't make the bench any worse. His biggest part of helping the team would be when he gets fed up with how stupid Mike Brown is. He could choke him out when he makes a bad call during a game That would make the whole Mike Brown signing worth it to me

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I think I may have come up with an idea that can fix the Lakers problems. What if Kupchack gave Latrell Sprewell a call about making a comeback? It really couldn't make the bench any worse. His biggest part of helping the team would be when he gets fed up with how stupid Mike Brown is. He could choke him out when he makes a bad call during a game That would make the whole Mike Brown signing worth it to me