Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

Default Re: Connecticut Huskies fan thread

Memphis pulled away at the end...I think they won by 11. The second half was entertaining though. Players from both teams made some spectacular plays.

Yeah. We could not sustain the Tigers in that 2nd half. We ejust could not stop them.

Another win against Gardner-Webb. Thabeet had a great game. Could it the start of something? We will see.

Wow. We man-handled Stanford last night. The women's team had a great shooting night!! Maya Moore dropped another double-double. My girl, Mel Thomas had a solid night. Our defense looks great. This is going to be a fun season.

Go, HUSKIES!!!

UCONN takes on Duke (women's hoops). UCONN women team is looking pretty good. We are beating Duke. We beat Stanford. Our defense is tight. Our offense is running smoothly....almost like it was when Sue Bird was running the show with Cash, Williams and Diana.

Go, Huskies!!!!

we got Florida Atlantic tonight...I'm hoping our bigs keep playing well and Dyson, Price, and Wiggins are able to knock down some outside shots to get some confidence before the Gonzaga game on Saturday.

Florida A&M sucks (even though they made the tournament last year). Thabeet might end up with a triple double tonight.

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

Another backbreaker in those legendarily tough UConn nonconference schedules, eh?

I will be at the UCONN vs. Gonzaga game on Saturday. This should be a very interesting game. Gonzaga has bigs that step outside and shoot which may be tough on Connecticut's big guys but besides Pargo, nobody on Gonzaga can compete with Connecticut's athleticism....I'm really excited about this game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame414
    Another backbreaker in those legendarily tough UConn nonconference schedules, eh?
    Yep. Then if we loose, the critics will cry "Oh my, UCONN just got beat by cupcakes". Then when we beat those cupcakes, the critics will cry "Why are they beating up on those cupcake teams?" I say we are danged if you do, danged if we don't....so play them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PK3434
    I will be at the UCONN vs. Gonzaga game on Saturday. This should be a very interesting game. Gonzaga has bigs that step outside and shoot which may be tough on Connecticut's big guys but besides Pargo, nobody on Gonzaga can compete with Connecticut's athleticism....I'm really excited about this game.

You lucky bum!!! Have fun at the game.

I like when we play games like this, especially this early in the season. Because we get a really good feel of what type of team we have on the floor. I think that we finally getting "IT", so I look forward to a really great game against Zaga.

Go, Huskies!!!

What a game by the Women Huskies basketball program!!! For the first 10 mins of the game, BYU did not score!! We were up by 23 pts!! At the half, it was 42-11. Final score; UCONN 80-34.

Another solid night for Maya Moore 17 pts/5 rebs. Tina Charles chipped in 11 pts and grabbed 12 boards. And my girl, Mel (Melly Mel) Thomas, continues to be Melly-Mel, dropping 14 and dishing 3 dimes.

Man, I see why the Lady Vols did not want to tangle with us this year.:) That is ok, I am hoping that we meet up in the Big Dance. But right now, we have to get ready for Virginia and Coach Deb Ryan's Lady Cavs. This is going to be another tough game.

Go, Huskies!!!

OUCH. that Gonzaga game hurt. Mark Few took a gamble by letting Uconn get open three pointers...In the first half we made them, in the second half we missed. Calhoun got a silly technical which may have been the difference. We really should have beat Gonzaga either way...They were not very impressive. They only have a 7 man rotation with one player that can handle the ball. AJ Price was very good, Dyson had a good first half but missed a lot of open shots in the second. For Gonzaga, Pargo was the man.

Howd my boy Stanley play?

Stanley played pretty good...He almost had a double-double but he got in foul trouble and didn't do much in crunch time. when stanley puts it all together, hes going to be a beast.