Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: BREAKING: Bennett to the Raptors..

Cant believe the ****ing Cavs picked this dude over Dipo & Nerlens

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.
    Philly.

Absolutely amazing. They are a bigger sham than Volkswagen exhaust gas tests. Stink more, too.

They are currently at $57M. The capfloor is $63M. They could have had the 22 year old #1 pick from two years ago for ****ING FREE on a one year deal. They have to pay out the difference to the capfloor anyway.

I think this must be some university study on how ****ing retarded and loyal sports fans can be. Philly is probably getting an A+ for this.
    I would say Philly made the right decision.
    This guy has shown he simply can't play NBA basketball very well, and they have enough young talent to deal with, let alone bad young talent.

Why can't Bennett be Paul Millsap?

Millsap wasn't an all-star right away. It took him years of hard work as a sixth man. I remember him on the Jazz backing up Boozer...

Of course with Millsap you always knew he was going to bring the effort. Maybe a change of scenery will be good for Bennett. One thing's for sure though, if he fails in Toronto, he's done. And more often than not "second chance" players fail the second time too. But not always.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    Why can't Bennett be Paul Millsap?

Millsap wasn't an all-star right away. It took him years of hard work as a sixth man. I remember him on the Jazz backing up Boozer...

Of course with Millsap you always knew he was going to bring the effort. Maybe a change of scenery will be good for Bennett. One thing's for sure though, if he fails in Toronto, he's done. And more often than not "second chance" players fail the second time too. But not always.
    You answered it yourself. Millsap was all about the hard work 1st which made him valuable to Jerry Sloan. Then he added the jumpshot, the 3pt line, but never lost the hustle and rebounding.

Bennett otoh was never about hustle. He was drafted because if his skillset and explosiveness. Both he hasn't shown in the professional leagues so far. Not sure he can just add hustle to his game, as most are just born with that motor