Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    it's not hard to keep him out. every arena makes you go through security now, just let all the security people have his picture, boom, he's banned.
    Not that simple...we saw a bald head, no facial having fan. He lets his hair grow and you have no clue. Boom he's in cheering.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Coincidentally Around the Horn is about to discuss this. If the punishment will stick that is.

mutombo should go to his house and "discuss" it with him

Hooman Hamzehloui
    7353 Sand Lake Rd #100
    Orlando, FL 32819
    Phone: 407-370-5700
    Fax: 407-370-9393
    Cell: 407-709-8632
    Toll-Free: 1-877-313-5700

or maybe send shogon
    Last edited by rezznor; 10-31-2006 at 06:26 PM.

mutombo should go to his house and "discuss" it with him

Hooman Hamzehloui
    7353 Sand Lake Rd #100
    Orlando, FL 32819
    Phone: 407-370-5700
    Fax: 407-370-9393
    Cell: 407-709-8632
    Toll-Free: 1-877-313-5700
    Did you read the link i posted? Mutombo forgave him. Dude wrote an apology and will donate $5,000 to a charity of Mutombo's and wont attend another game this year unless Mutombo says so.

What internet geek got ahold of his info tho?

i know mutombo forgave him, i posted an article on it in some other thread about this. looking up his address and picture was easy, drop his name off in google, it comes up on alot of pages, he puts his name out there alot cuz hes apparently a big time orlando realtor.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I bet his voicemail is already full of hate from people who got that number online.

i agree, the punishment is fine. dude showed alot of remorse, although ill bet alot of it has to do with all the negative publicity hes getting, and it sure as hell is gonna hurt his business if hes known as a racist. thats gonna be more painful to him then being banned from the arenas. hit him in the pocketbook and his reputation

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yes because I condoned Mutombo leaping into the stands and cracking the fans skull right? Or headbutting the fan like Zidane did the Italian right? I condoned the violence that resulted from the racial slur that was thrown at Mutombo. In fact I support and applaud it so much right LakerRaider? I have the youtube video of the incident and get off watching the guy get pulverized. The physical violence that Mutombo displayed was great. Wait, hold up no violence was done.

Nothing i said in the Zidane topic was similar to the Mutombo topic. Absolutely nothing. So what are you saying? Where is the hypocrisy? Or is your reading and comprehenshion skills on low? It's ok, boost it back up. Being hypocritical is saying Mutombo should have ran into the stands and beat the fan down. But I didnt, what i did saw was it would be wrong for Mutombo to go in the stands, to stoop to his level...rather just point out the fan and let security handle it. Which they did.

And most of your post is confusing another poster with me. I never said if a racial slur was used against me I'd do nothing. Wrong guy bruh. So you're wrong with most of your reply. Typical of you tho

When there were rumors that Zinadine Zidane was called a terrorist or some other racial slurs by Marco Materazzi, you said you would've held your cool and that was no big deal. I distinctly remember you acting all tough and just arguing with everybody like Diamonds, West-Side, and Jerm that the racial slur which was said to Zidane was no big deal. You were playing to down like it was no big deal.

Now it happens to something you can actually relate to, and all of a sudden it's a big deal and all of a sudden you become a sympathizer because you know more of Dikembo Mutumbo's accomplishments and you can directly sympathize with him.

I think it's hypocritical.

i agree, the punishment is fine. dude showed alot of remorse, although ill bet alot of it has to do with all the negative publicity hes getting, and it sure as hell is gonna hurt his business if hes known as a racist. thats gonna be more painful to him then being banned from the arenas. hit him in the pocketbook and his reputation
    I definitely think its some sort of "damage control". Trying to be as apologetic as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I definitely think its some sort of "damage control". Trying to be as apologetic as possible.
    They're sending out a big message because the league composes of mostly blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    They're sending out a big message because the league composes of mostly blacks.
    You watched PTI also, didn't ya?

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

NBA only implents policy, they don't enforce it.

Quote Originally Posted by LakerRaider
    When there were rumors that Zinadine Zidane was called a terrorist or some other racial slurs by Marco Materazzi, you said you would've held your cool and that was no big deal. I distinctly remember you acting all tough and just arguing with everybody like Diamonds, West-Side, and Jerm that the racial slur which was said to Zidane was no big deal. You were playing to down like it was no big deal.
    I said Zidane in a big game shouldnt have lost his cool and reacted thus getting EJECTED FROM THE GAME. As his team needed him. I said he should have showed some self control while others condoned the reaction. How is that being hypocritical when i all but said Mutombo going into the stands shouldnt be an option? How? I also said you can deal with that player after the game. But in that situation you cant lose your cool because he cost the team a World Cup. I argued that athletes hear it all but keeping thier cool in a BIG GAME is a must. I said you react you are the one getting ejected and not the guy who said the slur because officials dont/wont hearit for the most part.

Now it happens to something you can actually relate to, and all of a sudden it's a big deal and all of a sudden you become a sympathizer because you know more of Dikembo Mutumbo's accomplishments and you can directly sympathize with him.
    I know about Mutombo's accomplishments? Irrelevant.

1. Mutombo shouldnt go in the stands because of a racial slur
    2. The fan shouldnt be allowed to toss it out there without action being taken

Thats my position. The only thing i argued in here was people saying the fan didnt say anything that serious, just a word and i disagreed because Mutombo wouldnt be livid if it was just words. I also argued when someone said fans have the RIGHT to throw them out there which they shouldnt.

How does this relate to Zidane headbutting a guy and getting ejected because he lost self control in a big game? Oh its not the same.
    I think it's hypocritical.
    And you didnt show a thing that proves it is hypocritcal. Mutombo didnt go in the stands and hit the fan who said the racial slur. Zidane hit a player who said the racial slur causing him to get ejected. Both the fan and Italian player throwing the slurs were wrong. Where is the hypocrisy? That i dont agrew with a player reacting in a PHYSICAL MANNER when the word is thrown? Especially in Zidane case which was a World Cup. You keep your cool.

Nice try LakerRaider.

Default Re: Mutombo and the TD Waterhouse Brawl that never happened

Ultra bump

Decent playground baller They Won's Avatar

Default Re: Mutombo and the TD Waterhouse Brawl that never happened

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    I was at a playoff game when Blazers were facing Dallas and there was this obnoxious white kid in front of me that kept saying **** to Nejera like, "Go back to Mexico!" I wanted to punch the kid in the back of the head. It pissed me off.
    Why didn't you?