Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    self-proclaimed Mamba

Default Re: Game 7 Performances by All-Time Greats

Why must we be so subdivded here at ISH? Both LeBron and Kobe have faced the ultimate pressure of a game 7 in the Finals, and both came through with flying colors! Let's look "beyond the box score":

LeBron: Game 7 2013

A fine game by the "King". He had a PER™ score of 31 which falls into the VERY GOOD range.

Kobe: Game 7 2010

Big time game by the "Black Mamba". He had a PER score of 39 which falls into the SIMPLY OUTSTANDING range.

I know that LeBron is a competitor and he has many trips to the Finals in him yet, so I am hoping he will use Kobe's slightly superior game as motivation. How exciting for us!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye

[QUOTE=6 for 24]Why must we be so subdivded here at ISH? Both LeBron and Kobe have faced the ultimate pressure of a game 7 in the Finals, and both came through with flying colors! Let's look "beyond the box score":

LeBron: Game 7 2013

A fine game by the "King". He had a PER

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    I have all three of those guys in my top-11. But, from what I have read here, all three are over-rated, particularly Bird and Hakeem. Bird had many flop jobs in his post-season career, lost SEVEN times with HCA, and "only" won three rings playing alongside HOF-laden rosters his entire career. And Hakeem won two rings (one in a season in which MJ did not play), seldom even won 50 games (with a high of 58), and was part of EIGHT first round exits in his 15 post-seasons. Not only that, he won ONE MVP (again, in a season in which MJ took off), came in second, ONE time, and was a top-4 player in FOUR of his 18 seasons. Hell, he wasn't even a top-TEN player in EIGHT of his seasons, or nearly half the time he played.

Kareem? Probably as many post-season gag jobs as Bird, and in his PRIME, in his first TEN seasons, he went to TWO Finals (choking in a game seven of one...in a blowout loss), and winning his ONLY ring in the weakest decade of champions in NBA history with the easiest run to a title in NBA history. He played with teams that won 53 games (best in the league), 56 games, 59 games, 60 games, and 63 games...that did NOT win a title. And he played with rosters for two straight seasons that had the likes of Nixon, Wilkes, Hudson, and Dantley...that were blown away in the post-season.

Had Magic not come along and basically salvaged his career, Kareem would have been considered one of the biggest "underachievers" in NBA history.
    I can't believe this is the same guy that defends Wilt against everyone, posts selective stats ONLY, and now nitpicks against LARRY BIRD AND KAREEM ABDUL JABBAR, to tear them down with TEAM ACHIEVEMENTS... ("Loosing HC" "Kareem Chokejobs")

The Irony... The Irony.

Total ****ing tool.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 10-02-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Sam Jones is an animal.

Decent college freshman

1984 First Round - Game 5 - Knicks v. Pistons - April 27, 1984

Bernard King - 44 points, 12 rebounds

Isiah Thomas - 35 points, 12 assists, 16 points in final 90 seconds to force OT.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by jayfan
    1984 First Round - Game 5 - Knicks v. Pistons - April 27, 1984

Bernard King - 44 points, 12 rebounds

Isiah Thomas - 35 points, 12 assists, 16 points in final 90 seconds to force OT.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/unforgett...ew-york-knicks

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    I can't believe this is the same guy that defends Wilt against everyone, posts selective stats ONLY, and now nitpicks againds LARRY BIRD AND KAREEM ABDUL JABBAR, to tear them down with TEAM ACHIEVEMENTS... ("Loosing HC" "Kareem Chokejobs")

The Irony... The Irony.

Total ****ing tool.
    Anything to make Wilt look better

What kind of mindset must one have to spend hours upon hours writing essays and coming up with hilarious arguments to defend a legend who passed 15 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer Bell
    Anything to make Wilt look better

What kind of mindset must one have to spend hours upon hours writing essays and coming up with hilarious arguments to defend a legend who passed 15 years ago?
    Lunatic probably..

Not just that, but he also makes some ridiculous Arguments to bring down other Legends..

He's as Agenda driven as any troll, the difference is he does a good Job of digging up stats... (Although even some of those have been proven as wrong years ago.. Or at least excaggerated.. Like jlauber says "And Wilt shredded them by dropping near 30 ppg" and then Wilt averaged 26...)

If he could present his stats in an unbiased way he could be a contribution to any Forum... But instead he acts like Wilt could cross the red sea.

LeBron's game 7 of the Finals shi*ts on Kobe's. Dwyane Wade also had a better finals game 7 than Kobe.