Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    el pollo loco siiiiiii

Default Re: LeBron to the Heat, a b*tch move!

I think the whole Lakers team is a B*tch move", same thing with the Celtics over the past 2 years.
    These bullshit trades creating these teams are B*tch moves too.

So I guess it evens things out.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    yeah it was Ok to do it back then but not anymore. right? Or maybe is it just because they were playing for L.A.? GTFO
    uh no dumbshyt.. it applies across the board... do you even know what years those three played together? better go look that up kid. it was a long time before you were born.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwade305
    I think the whole Lakers team is a B*tch move", same thing with the Celtics over the past 2 years.

i disagree because those moves that were made were done through trades, etc.... not done through collaborating in free agency... very different to me.

I rule the local playground game385's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    yeah it was Ok to do it back then but not anymore. right? Or maybe is it just because they were playing for L.A.? GTFO
    Yeah and another thing about the Chamberlin-West comparison is the fact that was an inside outside combination. Traditionally that's how title contenders are built and its not that huge a deal for the arguably 1st and 2nd best players in the league to be on the same team if one is a big man and the other is a guard or perimeter player.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    i disagree because those moves that were made were done through trades, etc.... not done through collaborating in free agency... very different to me.

Agreed. Trading nothing for Pau Gasol was fair.

But players signing to a team isn't fair.

if bron bosh and wade teamed up, i would go for any team to beat them, would be david vs goliath, and it would be the only way you would see me rooting for lakers and kobe...if lakers could beat this super team, i would boost kobe's credentials to near jordan's, cant believe im saying that, ewww....

Magic played with Worthy and Kareem, what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

Dude, it was a trade... there's a huge difference... why are people so dense?

And its not just the Lakers... see what the Celtics did with their big 3, and even what Dallas did last season... they picked up great talent for basically nothing. Its called being a savvy GM.

Yeah, I agree. These players calloborating in Free Agency like this, would be more of an indictment on they're competitive integrity.

Particularly LeBron b/c it's already Wade's team and he already led them to a title. Bosh isn't on their level and is probably best suited for being a great second or third option so it doesn't hurt him at all. LeBron's legacy takes the major hit in this scenario
    Last edited by game385; 07-07-2010 at 10:58 AM.

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

Dont forget Marc Gasol. He evened the trade out....................

Quote Originally Posted by game385
    Yeah, I agree. These players calloborating in Free Agency like this, is more of an indictment on they're competitive integrity.
    Are you Lakers fan/Kobe fan? Only a Lakers/Kobe fan would be afraid if LeWadeBosh play on the same team.

1960's Celtics, 1980's Lakers and Celtics and 1990's Chicago Bulls dominated the NBA because they were head and shoulders above any teams in the NBA.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwade305

only 2 players on the Lakers have ever been all-stars.

Dude, it was a trade... there's a huge difference... why are people so dense?

And its not just the Lakers... see what the Celtics did with their big 3, and even what Dallas did last season... they picked up great talent for basically nothing. Its called being a savvy GM.

Got ya. Persuading good players to play for your team isn't being a good GM. Makes sense.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by game385
    Did Magic go play with Bird? Did Barkley or Malone try to play with Michael? Hell, did Michael try to go play with Magic prior to 91? Or maybe a better question is, had the opportunity ever presented itself during the prime of their playing careers, would they? I sincerely believe that the answer to that question is not just no, but "Hell No!" Even Kobe wanted to prove himself as a leader & champion beyond Shaq's shadow.

Of course we won't know his plans until tomorrow night, but today for the sake of argument going to Miami would be the biggest hit to LeBron's brand and his all-time legacy.

Regardless of how many championships they win, LeBron in Miami (w/ Wade & Bosh) never garners the same level of respect or admiration as Kobe let alone MJ.

Wade should be his rival (even if they're friends off the court). Fleeing to Miami to go play with a player so close in talent is an unjustifiable b*tch move. It screams not only can I not get it done alone (b/c no-one ever really does) but I can't get it done being the man at all.
    This arguement has been stated before.
    Lets jump on your bandwagon Laker team , way before you were born , but I was watching , Jerry West , Gail Goodrich ,and oh yea that other guy - Wilt.
    How bout my team of that weak era - Oscar Robertson and Bobby Dandridge , and oh yea hum Jabbar.
    Lets jump further head to one of your teams ... Majic , Worthy and oh yea Jabbar.
    Lets jump ahead again with your team - Shaq and oh yea your small robin Kobe.
    Lets jump over to Boston for a second - Mchale , Parrish , and oh yea Bird.
    How bout we jump ahead to the last Boston champs - Pierce , Ray Ray and oh yea Garnet.
    Lets jump ahead to your current Laker team - Pau , Odom and oh yea Kobe .

Wake up folks , the NBA has stars and all of the above championships (MANY) had all of the above HOF'ers.

So you want to dis what D-wade and Miami is doing

Why don't you call Buess tell him to strip the Laker team , and have Kobe prove that he can carry a team into the playoff's and win a championship.

Sometimes I just have to wonder if any of you actually look at history

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Are you Lakers fan/Kobe fan? Only a Lakers/Kobe fan would be afraid if LeWadeBosh play on the same team.

1960's Celtics, 1980's Lakers and Celtics and 1990's Chicago Bulls dominated the NBA because they were head and shoulders above any teams in the NBA.
    Nope. As a matter of fact I think the Lakers would beat this team in the finals this year, but after that who knows. My "gripe" if you will, with this scenario is merely that it forever damages LeBron James' legacy. It calls to question his competitive nature, his will, desire, and confidence in his own ability to lead a team to a championship(s).
    Last edited by game385; 07-07-2010 at 11:07 AM.