Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default possible AI trade

With the recent trade of Marcus Camby it has become apparent that the Nuggets do not believe they can compete for a championship with their current roster and are going to try to build for the future. My guess is they may try to get some cap space to make a run at Lebron, Wade, or Bosh. I am going to try to examine each team and see if they have a shot at landing Iverson. I will be using the espn trade machine to try to make some trades involving Iverson that I think make sense for both teams.

Atlanta Hawks

The Atlanta Hawks could give up Mike Bibby and Marvin Williams for Iverson. The Nuggets would be getting a nice young player in Williams and and Bibby's expiring contract might be valuable in a trade plus Bibby can still play some. I know your probably thinking why the hell would Iverson want to go to Atlanta he won't be able to compete for a championship there. I don't know about championships. But with Joe Johnson, Al Horford, and Iverson. Plus Childress and Smith if they can resign them the Hawks would be a hell of a lot better then the Nuggets.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~7~1&te=&cash=

Boston Celtics

I couldn't work out a trade here without Boston giving up one of the so called "Big Three". I don't know why Boston would want to deal one of the "Big Three" since they won a championship with them last year.

Chalotte Bobcats

I don't think the Bobcats are ready to compete for a championship. So i don't know why they would trade for Iverson, but if they resign Okafor I think they have a chance at making the playoffs.

Chicago Bulls

The Bulls could trade Kirk Hinrich and Andres Nocioni for Iverson. The Nuggets would be getting two good players in Hinrich and Nocioni and Hinrich could help them with their defensive struggles. If the Nuggets really want to go after James, Wade, or Bosh though this trade wouldn't work for them since Hinrich's and Nocioni's deals last 4 and 5 years respectivlely. For the Bulls this trade makes some since since they, by getting rid of Hinrich, are clearing the way for Rose to start if they play Iverson at the 2. With Thomas, Hughes, and if they can resign him Deng alongside Iverson the Bulls could atleast make the playoffs. I still think the Atlanta trade makes alot more since though.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~7~4&te=&cash=

Cleveland Cavaliers

If I was the Cavs gm I'd give the Nuggets anything they wanted to get this deal done besides Lebron. They don't really have any good young players to make and attractive offer though. They have the expiring contracts to make it happen though, and maybe they could make an attractive offer by taking on Kenyon Martins ridiculous contract and including Varejao and Gibson.

Dallas Mavericks

Dallas already has Kidd to play point and Terry to play shooting guard so where would Iverson fit in unless they included one of these players in the trade. Iverson would be an improvement over Terry but I don't think it would make them good enough to compete for a championship.

Detroit Pistons

If Detroit makes a move I think it should be for a center. They have Hamilton and Billups so again where would Iverson fit unless they think he is a giant improvement over one of them.

Golden State Warriors

Now that they have lost Baron Davis they need a new point guard and Iverson would fit in their fast paced offence. They don't really currently have the pieces to make a deal here but if they can work one out I think he would really help them and they could compete for a championship. What they should be focused on right now though is resigning Monta Ellis.

Houston Rockets

If they could work out a deal here Iverson would be a huge improvement over Alston and with Yoa, Mcgrady, Battier, and Iverson they would be a really good team. Could they compete for a championship? Yes, i would think if Yao can stays healthy and even without Yao there a playoff team.

Indiana Pacers

Indiana isn't ready to compete for a championship. Iverson to Indiana wouldn't make much sense because even with Iverson there probably just a low playoff seed.

L.A. Clippers

If they got Iverson and played him at the 2 with Baron Davis playing point they could be a pretty good team. I worked out a trade using the espn trade machine that sends Tim Thomas, Cuttino Mobley, and Al Thornton to denver for Iverson. I think this makes sense because the Nuggets are getting a good young player in Thornton and another pretty good player in Mobley. With this deal the Clippers could have Davis, Iverson, Camby, Kaman all starting. I think it would make even more sense for the Clippers if they were able to keep Thornton and give up Eric Gordon instead. The they could start Davis, Iverson, Thornton, Camby, Kaman as their starting five. Thats a pretty damn good team.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...7~12&te=&cash=

L.A. Lakers

What if the lakers send Lamar Odom and Trevor Ariza to Denver for Iverson. Iverson would give them another scoring option outside besides Bryant. The Lakers could start Fisher, Iverson, Bryant, Gasol, and Bynom I think thats alot better then Fisher, Bryant, Odom, Gasol, and Bynom. I do see a problem with this trade however you've got two huge ballhogs on the same team in Iverson and Bryant.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...7~13&te=&cash=

Memphis Grizzlies

The Memphis Grizzlies aren't gonna make the playoffs trading for Iverson would make no sense for them because he only has a limited number of years left.

Miami Heat

Marion for Iverson. Would Miami be able to compete with Beasley, Wade, Haslem, and Iverson. I think they would atleast make the playoffs with those 4. I'm not sure Denver would do it for Marion though maybe if the Heat throw in a draft pick.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...7~14&te=&cash=

Milwaukee Bucks

Milwaukee doesn't have the pieces to trade for Iverson but I'm saying this right now Milwaukee is making the playoffs. After stealing Jefferson from the Nets they actually have a pretty good team. They can start Mo Williams, Micheal Redd, Richard Jefferson, Charlie Villanueva, and Andrew Bogut. Thats a pretty good starting five.

Minnesota Timberwolves

They're not ready to compete for a championship so their is no sense in them trying to get Iverson, but with Mike Miller, Al Jefferson, Kevin Love, and Randy Foye they shouldn't be as bad as last year. Besides Iverson would just get in the way of the Mad Dog.

New Jersey Nets

When they traded Jefferson for Yi it became apparent they don't plan on winning soon so they don't need Iverson. They are going to be one of the many team making a run at Lebron.

New Orleans Hornets

They don't have the financial pieces to trade for Iverson unless they give up West, Paul, or Chandler and I would imagine they don't want to give up any of them. Besides they already have Chris Paul to handle the ball and they don't need Iverson hogging the ball from the best pg in the league.

New York Knickerbockers

Although the Knicks have plenty of financial pieces to trade for Iverson they are not ready to even be a playoff team so why would they want him. Also most of those financial pieces are just overpaid players with limited skill. They could probably make a deal attractive by including David Lee but I don't think they would want to give up their best young player for a veteran when they are not ready to win.

Oklahoma

They have the pieces to make a deal work financially but they are not ready to win and wouldn't want to give up one of their promising young players to get Iverson.

Orlando Magic

They are already one of the better teams in the East and with Iverson they'd be a lot better but they really don't have the financial pieces to give up for him. They could do something involving Rashad Lewis but I don't see how that would be attractive to Denver.

Philadelphia 76ers

They have the young players in Thadeus Young and Louis Williams (if they resign him) to make an offer attractive to the Nuggets but they really don't have the pieces to make this trade work financialy.

Pheonix Suns

They really don't have the pieces to make this trade work financially besides Shaq but why would Denver want him. Besides Pheonix doesn't really need anyone to hog the ball from Nash.

Portland TrailBlazers

They have the pieces to make this happen with Raef Lafrentz and one of Portlands various good young players. I don't see why they would want to give away their young talent to get Iverson though when they can just develop Bayless.

Sacramento Kings

They have the pieces to make and offer that would work financially but I don't see how they could make an offer that's very attractive to the Nuggets without it not being attractive to them. They are another team not ready to win yet so Iverson wouldn't be a good fit here.

San Antonio Spurs

They are already old enough without trading for Iverson and to make a deal work financially they would have to give up one of their big three.

Toronto Raptors

They have Calderon to play the point but Iverson would be a huge upgrade over Anthony Parker at the 2. They however don't have the pieces to make this deal make sense for both teams or the pieces to make this deal work financially.

Utah Jazz

They don't need Iverson because they have Williams to handle to ball and they don't have the pieces to make a deal that would make sense for both teams.

Washington Wizards

They have Arenas to play the point and he is a very offensive player that struggles defensively. If they traded for Iverson and played him at the 2 then they would have a very weak defensive frontcourt even with Butler.
    Last edited by jason; 07-25-2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: mistakes in previous post

Learning to shoot layups Good_lord's Avatar

Default Re: possible AI trade

Thats only a rumor, the Denver Post even confirmed it, A.I. told them that he wants to stay in Denver.

i want him back to the sixers

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled

Quote Originally Posted by Good_lord
    Thats only a rumor, the Denver Post even confirmed it, A.I. told them that he wants to stay in Denver.
    I know its not set in stone that he will be traded but i am guessing he will be traded because of the recent trade of Marcus Camby showing they have decided to build for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by AItheAnswer3
    Iverson has said it before...he'll end his career in Denver
    its not Iversons decision it is the Nuggets decision

a lot of pro athletes have said stuff that they don't stay true to

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I found quite a couple grammar mistakes in it.

I also found that near the end it looked like you just got bored and said the same thing in different ways over and over

also, if you linked us your trades that you did with ESPN trade machine that would have been nicer

Learning to shoot layups Good_lord's Avatar

Talking Re: possible AI trade

Quote Originally Posted by jason
    I know its not set in stone that he will be traded but i am guessing he will be traded because of the recent trade of Marcus Camby showing they have decided to build for the future.
    ESPN make alot of **** rumors about trades in every sport, so i woudlnt be surprised if they would create another one about A.I. even though he confirmed it himself that he wants to stay in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    I found quite a couple grammar mistakes in it.

I also found that near the end it looked like you just got bored and said the same thing in different ways over and over

also, if you linked us your trades that you did with ESPN trade machine that would have been nicer
    I think you mean quite a few so don't be a hypocrite and criticize me for having a few grammar mistakes in an entire article when you can't write a few sentences without one.

I think you mean quite a few so don't be a hypocrite and criticize me for having a few grammar mistakes in an entire article when you can't write a few sentences without one.
    i can write with perfect grammar if i wanted.

but i find no need in it while i post on the forums, unless im writing an article

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    i can write with perfect grammar if i wanted.

but i find no need in it while i post on the forums, unless im writing an article
    When your writing a post criticizing someone for having bad grammar it may be a good idea to use good grammar yourself.

When your writing a post criticizing someone for having bad grammar it may be a good idea to use good grammar yourself.
    For the Wizards, Butler plays the 3, not the 2. And I guess the Nuggets could want some of the Wizards youth in Nick Young and Andray Blatche... but they already have Arenas who is ball-dominate.

76ers, they have some youth to trade for AI... Lou Williams and Thaddeus Young could be attractive to the Thuggets. Probably doesn't work salary-wise so Philly might need to add a filler.

Saw a basketball once

dats stupid

please comment
    i was just doing what you asked.

and you didnt at all even attempt to think about making a response to my thought of putting a link to the trades you did on the ESPN trade machine for us

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    You are kidding, right? AI back to the Sixers would be a step backwards for the team.