Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Bynum takes shot at Laker fans

It really is a shame that the tickets are so expensive that the real diehard Laker fans never get as low as the upper bowl. I'd much prefer them over the people who go court side just to text. I'm sure those less appreciated Laker fans are actually knowledgable about the game and level-headed in discussions (which Laker fans here primarily lack).

he's taking a shot at fans valuing Kobe over LA team in general.

and he's right.

So he's taking a shot at Laker fans, but not Sixer fans too ?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Sit in the upper level seats to see what real Laker fans are like. They go bananas for their team.
    I've done that on multiple occasions, and they were not so crazy. Maybe I'm just too used to upper level in Portland. But I went to a Lakers game and it was a close game, and me sitting down the whole game completely quiet fit right in with most of those around me.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    he's right... laker fans at the games arnt the same as the ones watching at home..

half the crowd is just some hipster celebrities or wannabe's pretending to be fans

LA as a city is pretty wack

the lakers deserve better
    You used your brain?!?!?!?!

Bynum questioning fans passion for the game?

Whether what he said is valid or not you just need to shut thee f*ck up. Or is it me? Because you still have to prove you can stay on the court long enough to help a team. So why run your mouth when you have to prove not only that but if you are a leader, franchise caliber player and most importantly have matured?

Funny coming from me as these were things Lakers fans said when Sixers landed the big Goof. I just think the year he had which was non existent he should keep his opinions to himself. Prove yourself then run your mouth and tell people to kiss your ass. Again, maybe its just me.

Sidenote: Are Cavs fans any more passionate than Lakers fans?

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

I'm a big Bynum fan and I don't think this is a shot at Laker fans, but just him praising his new team. He's obviously heard Lakers fans cheering him on over the years especially during the champion era.

If anything it would be refering to the celebrities and other people in LA who just go to Laker games because it is the cool thing to do. I'm sure he knows that Laker fans are some of the best in the league.

Lakers fans are awesome. I'm a Laker fan and I went to the Hawks vs Lakers game in Atlanta this year. It was probably 40/60 Laker/Hawks fans. My whole section was Lakers fans minus a few people and we were loud.

We knew it was going to be a good game, because in LA about a week and a half ago the Lakers had beaten the Hawks in a thriller with Kobe closing it out with a dunk over Josh Smith and then a game winning layup over him.

Also, between that game and the game I went to the Lakers,and Kobe in particular, had some very entertaining and incredibly played games against the hornets the raptors

Lakers had obviously had a subpar season as we were adjusting to new players and going through injuries and 3 coaches, but i early march they started their climb that lasted until the end of the season with the Kobe injury. Us Laker fans felt the momentum after several good games in a row as the team was gaining some chemistry. We were coming into the game in Atlanta excited and ready to go.

However, The first half only had a few moments because the Lakers were down pretty much the whole half. Lakers were were down 14 early in the third quarter. Nobody had a good first half. Even kobe was like 1-7 or something, so that kind of took the wind out of the crowd a little bit.

It started to change in the third though. Kobe hits a layup then a jumper the whole team starts picking up on offense. Can't get consistent stops though. Then Kobe hits another jumper and the crowd starts getting getting louder. Then another tough jumper and another and another and then he crosses up and gets and one. Crowd is loving the show and we get a nice MVP chant in. It goes from a 14 point game to a 5 point game. Lakers get a stop.

The next play Kobe does an in and out dribble with his right hand brings it back between his legs to his left hand then crosses Johnson up again and he drives right and stops at his signature free throw angle spot and nails the midrange J. 3 point game. The crowd is absolutely going nuts.

Next play Kobe gets a steal and the hits a hanging midrange J. 1 point game. The crowd is so loud it seems like a home game.

Defense picks up in the fourth. Lakers get out to an early lead lead by the defense of Dwight and Metta. Both crowds are buzzing at this point. Hawks battle back and take a two point lead. Kobe puts the Lakers up by one with a three and we overpower the Hawks fans again.

And then when Kobe hit that impossible 3 with about 20 seconds to go the place was roaring! Of course, when he missed the game winner and Jones stepped under him hurting Kobe's ankle everyone in the building was on their feet standing in silence waiting to see if Kobe was okay.

Laker fans were pissed at the no call; Jones hit him on the follow through with his body then impeded Kobe's ability to land. Should have been two freethrows and overtime.

It's not just in Atlanta either. I watch every Laker game and there is always a contingent of Laker fans in EVERY arena cheering. Boston, NY, Miami it doesn't matter. Us Laker fas here in Georgia were so loud we got a video on youtube.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

I miss Bynum and Odom

Bynum is right. Laker fans are notoriously fair weather. Where were all the Laker fans before they suddenly surfaced in 2008?

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

My guess is everyone talking smack about Lakrs fans is not from los Angeles, because if you are, you know how die hard this city is for our team.

Ridiculous and butt-hurt statement from Bynum. Way to pander to your new fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    It's like the Browns here. we have an ultra passionate browns fanbase in cleveland. We get a week of nonstop coverage in the middle of the offseason if an assistant coach has a case of the hiccups or something. Its ridiculous. On the flip side Cavs add a bunch of new players and draft picks and nobody bats an eye.
    Funny thing is that the Cavs are a lot more likely to become contenders in the near future. But who knows, maybe the Browns will suck into a good QB in the draft at some point.

The ISH'ers Champion!

This has got to be the spin of the year or right there is in the Top 3. The idiots drooling over it is just well, idiotic. There is no relevance nor facts in this claim which is not btw, what Bynum meant to say other than kiss Cleveland butt like he tried to do with the 76ers. But hey, it's ISH.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 07-24-2013 at 07:34 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Funny thing is that the Cavs are a lot more likely to become contenders in the near future. But who knows, maybe the Browns will suck into a good QB in the draft at some point.
    The Browns have been the worst franchise in the NFL from a success standpoint over the last 14 years. They've been terrible.

It doesn't matter. The Browns will always be a distant no. 1 in Cleveland. That's just the way it is. This is major football country and the Browns, despite all the losing, are beloved.

It's funny because, as you said, the Cavs (and the Indians) have been far more successful over the last 10+ years. Hell, both the Cavs and Indians have appeared in Championship Series/World Series in the last 16 years. Numerous playoff runs and a lot of high profile teams for both the Indians and Cavs.

None of that matters. We're in the middle of the NFL offseason. The Cavs had a huge draft and made some huge free agency move and the Indians are just 3 1/2 games back of Detroit for 1st place in the division.

Meanwhile, the Browns will release some inane statement about personnel matters and it is automatically the top story.

...don't get me wrong... I love the Browns too. And I understand the passion. But, I don't think people outside of the region understand just how much attention the Browns get as opposed to the others.

Luckily, this area is sports crazy enough to be that crazy about the Browns, but still give good support to the Cavs (and the Indians to a lesser extent). We've definitely reached a point where the Cavs are no. 2 on the pecking order. A decade of trading away Cy Young winners in their prime and losing guys like Manny Ramirez and Jim Thome has taken its toll on the Indians. And, passion for the Cavs has really grown in recent years.

As for Bynum's comments...

I really don't think they were aimed at the Lakers. The two fanbases really are completely different. The Lakers' fanbase is far larger and spread out all across the country. Cleveland, meanwhile, operates in its own sort of protective bubble.

It's just... different. I think that's what he was trying to say, but he worded it poorly.

He also wants to endear himself to the fans here, first and foremost.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 07-24-2013 at 07:38 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

The Lakers fans who can afford seats are all horrible fans. However, the city itself is quite passionate. CLE fans are the best fans in the world though when it comes to sticking through thick and thin.

LA is a lousy sports town like Miami is. Both the Lakers and Heat have terrible fans in the expensive seats while the passionate fans are always stuck with the cheaper seats, if they can get that.