Page 83 of 103 FirstFirst ... 33738081828384858693 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1539
    Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

Default Re: Boston Marathon Bomb reaction discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Bullshit dude. The KKK, Nazis, Putin, etc. didn't kill people in the name of Christianity. The fact that they were Christians had nothing to do with their evil actions. These terrorists are killing people in the name of Islam/Jihad/Allah. Their actions have everything to do with Islam.

I'm not saying Christians have a spotless history, either. They have done some really ****ed up things throughout history. The difference is Christianity has evolved while Islam is stuck in the ****ing stone ages. The way muslims treat women and anybody who isn't part of their religion is barbaric.

Islam needs to get with the 21st century or get the **** off this planet because the civilized world is getting real tired of your shit.

Some do kill because they actually feel religiously mandated to do so, the major architects behind terrorist networks operate almost solely on a political basis. They only use religion as a banner to attract young, ignorant and often impoverished men to come follow their cause. It's easy to gain followers when you operate in a land with a dim outlook. If for nothing else, it offers a job opportunity and a feeling of brotherhood and fraternity. Let's look at some of the major terrorist groups from the middle east:

Hezbollah: formed after Israel invaded Lebanon and lead a horrid occupation of the southern half of Lebanon that reached its nadir with the Sabra and Shatila massacre. Proposed ultimate goal is the elimination of Israel, but that's just a tactic to gain more followers since their initial goal was to remove Israel from Lebanon (which they have since been).

Hamas: formed after twenty years of discontent over Israel's mismanagement of the occupied territories culminated in the First Intifada. It's original goal is still yet to be fulfilled.

Al-Qaeda: formed near the very end of the Afghan-Soviet war from MAK. This group probably places more emphasis on religion than any other of these three groups, but even then the roots behind its anti-western doctrine are mostly political. Hatred towards the US was directly a result of Operation Desert Shield, and what was bin-Laden mostly concerned with? When it comes down to it, contracting. But saying that the U.S. has desecrated sacred soil is good for recruitment.

But why focus so much on Middle Eastern Islam? After all, Islam is a worldwide religion (some 17% of all muslims worldwide call the Middle East home). So let's take a look at the most populous Muslim-majority nation: Indonesia. True, Indonesia does have its fair share of terrorism, but most of it is linked to separatist groups. Jemaah Islamiyah is probably the most active islamic terrorist group, but it's linked with al-Qaeda, so it's really no more than just an extension of AQ's goals into southeastern Asia as a means of reaching more western targets (specifically western tourist hot spots).

And please, let's keep this civil. Whatever happened to debates? Now all we have are "arguments" which are basically debates with insults thrown in every couple sentences.

Someone said all religions have done equally bad things, but I don't agree with that. However I do believe islam is the most misunderstood of the major religions and it is, when interpreted correctly, a religion of peace.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Actually, that clown is Australian.
    My bad.

But the fact still remains, that kind of mentality has to change. I find it funny that anytime a major crime is committed people want to see where the person is from or his race, first. So if he's an Arab, then the whole middle east are war-mongers, or if he's black than all black people are bad. But if he's a white American guy(Timothy McVeigh for example), then he's just individually mentally unstable, and he alone is to blame.

Hypocrites in da broad daylight.....

Da Mavs

So as far as we know for now...big brother became radicalized in Chechnya 2 years ago, but was never ordered by anyone to attack America. Came back as a lunatic and dragged his little brother into this.

It will be interesting to see how little brother is treated now by authorities and the law in comparison to Holmes (Dark Knight Shooter)...if there is no outside terrorist connection, is this bombing worse than that shooting? Or is it the "terrorism" label that plays as a trump card...then again it makes some sense that this bombing is more "similar" to 9/11.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Yeah, a lot of the middle east is fcked up and there a lot of radical islam idiots but most muslims are just regular decent people.
    Having lived in the Middle East for 6 years, Saudi Arabia at that...I can attest to the fact that is NOT true for the majority of even the conservatives there.

Crazy how the radicals make the West think all Arabs are like that.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree that many of their laws and customs are out of date, but to classify them as barbarians is ignorant at best.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Having lived in the Middle East for 6 years, Saudi Arabia at that...I can attest to the fact that is NOT true for the majority of even the conservatives there.

Crazy how the radicals make the West think all Arabs are like that.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree that many of their laws and customs are out of date, but to classify them as barbarians is ignorant at best.
    Slavery still exists there.

Bullshit dude. The KKK, Nazis, Putin, etc. didn't kill people in the name of Christianity. The fact that they were Christians had nothing to do with their evil actions. These terrorists are killing people in the name of Islam/Jihad/Allah. Their actions have everything to do with Islam.

I'm not saying Christians have a spotless history, either. They have done some really ****ed up things throughout history. The difference is Christianity has evolved while Islam is stuck in the ****ing stone ages. The way muslims treat women and anybody who isn't part of their religion is barbaric.

Islam needs to get with the 21st century or get the **** off this planet because the civilized world is getting real tired of your shit.
    ****ing right......except when it comes to buying expensive new cars and other shit

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    wish all musilms would just fukking die .....
    Here we go again....

According to you. Just cause someone is born into a religion, they all deserve to die because of a few crazy radicals.

Real intelligent

Timothy McVeigh was a white American, that Sandy Hook dude was a white American, Charlie Manson was a white American....so I guess we should kill all white Americans too?!

Learn to judge a person based on their own individuality not what race they come from or religion they follow. That is called being ignorant beyond all ignorance.

Decent college freshman

This isn't some evil pissing contest. It's not about which religion has killed more people throughout thousands of years of history. It's about how today, in the year 2013, muslim extremism is one of the worst plagues on this planet. How many innocent people have been killed recently in the name Jesus Christ? Buddha? The Hindu god Brahman?

How many in the name of Allah?

Yes, everybody understands that terrorists do not represent all muslims. Thank you captain obvious. The fact remains that Islam is being used to justify horrible atrocities WORLDWIDE. They are publically gang raping women in Egypt because they aren't wearing burqas. They are bombing schools in Afghanistan because little girls want an education. They are killing Jews, Europeans and Americans anywhere they can find them.

Everybody keeps trying to be politically correct about this issue and it's only making the problem worse.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    wish all musilms would just fukking die .....jews, christians, hindu, and everybody else, would not miss them
    Wow...

I'm ashamed to live on the same planet as you.

Pretty crazy Boston Bombing Suspect Hiding Infrared helicopter video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuZerZGHZ3k

Banned

Yes, hard-line Islam is a problem but Christian should be slow to judge.

If things were reversed; if Christianity (as it was practiced hundreds of years ago) were allowed to proliferate throughout the modern-day middle east you would see a lot of the same problems.

If Islam were to have been the major religion of the United States (and a separation of church and state were to have been in place since the 1700s), secular American society would have forced American Islam to "evolve" just as it has with Christianity.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Wow...

I'm ashamed to live on the same planet as you.

yeah... some people are so dumb they dont realize that kind of blind silly hatred is same thing that makes bombers and murderers kill people like they do..

its sad to see ... hate attracts more hate

This isn't some evil pissing contest. It's not about which religion has killed more people throughout thousands of years of history. It's about how today, in the year 2013, muslim extremism is one of the worst plagues on this planet. How many innocent people have been killed recently in the name Jesus Christ? Buddha? The Hindu god Brahman?

How many in the name of Allah?

Yes, everybody understands that terrorists do not represent all muslims. Thank you captain obvious. The fact remains that Islam is being used to justify horrible atrocities WORLDWIDE. They are publically gang raping women in Egypt because they aren't wearing burqas. They are bombing schools in Afghanistan because little girls want an education. They are killing Jews, Europeans and Americans anywhere they can find them.

Everybody keeps trying to be politically correct about this issue and it's only making the problem worse.
    How many innocent people have been killed by the American military? ...I'm guessing you won't know the answer to that cause I'm sure all you do is watch CNN.

How many poor rock throwing Palestinians have Israelis killed with state of the art weaponry provided by the the American government?

My point is, that killing is being done on both sides, with the Muslim side getting the worst of it. It's just not being reported on our side of the world.

It's not just a one way street.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
    How many innocent people have been killed by the American military? ...I'm guessing you won't know the answer to that cause I'm sure all you do is watch CNN.

How many poor rock throwing Palestinians have Israelis killed with state of the art weaponry provided by the the American government?

My point is, that killing is being done on both sides, with the Muslim side getting the worst of it. It's just not being reported on our side of the world.

It's not just a one way street.
    Casualties of war =/= terrorism. It's incredibly unfortunate and in no way excusable to kill civilians in war, but the US Military goes to incredible lengths to avoid it. It is not part of their agenda to kill civilians. If it happens, it is an unfortunate accident. Terrorists plant bombs in crowds with the sole intent of killing civilians. There is a massive difference.

Casualties of war =/= terrorism. It's incredibly unfortunate and in no way excusable to kill civilians in war, but the US Military goes to incredible lengths to avoid it. It is not part of their agenda to kill civilians. If it happens, it is an unfortunate accident. Terrorists plant bombs in crowds with the sole intent of killing civilians. There is a massive difference.

there is no difference to the people affected by it..

if we got invaded tomorrow, you wouldnt just shrug your shoulders and nonchalantly state

"well civilians die in war, what can we do? its not like they meant to kill my family, and burn my neighborhood to the ground"