Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Draft 2013

Default Re: Draft 2013

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    Jimmy Butler deserves a shot at the starting 2 guard next season. I do agree we will need another wing guy though - RIP is definitely gone.

This draft could be wide open after the top few players get taken. A guy like Hardaway could be a solid player so I'd be on board with him.

Cardwell-Pope has a lot of abilities that would fit in Chicago - great rebounder for his position and is a solid defender, can also score the ball. Only thing is he would likely have to drop for Chicago to get him.
    I like Caldwell-Pope and Jamaal Franklin as well. If we can get one of those two or Hardaway Jr I would be ecstatic.

Glen Rice Jr and Reggie Bullock are two more guys id be happy with.

Some talks that the Bulls may try to move up in the draft.

Also some talks the Bulls may draft another Euro player and stash him away for a few years until he's ready to avoid additional payroll.

Dario Saric and Giannis Adetokoubo are the two international players I keep seeing linked to the Bulls.

Good college starter

@ljsbb27, Coach Thibs has already said that Butler will be a starter next season. He earned it. Bulls always say they gone move up in the draft. They been saying that since 09 when they needed a SG. From what I've been reading the Bulls might take Caldwell-Pope if he is still there. He has a Kevin Martin type of game. Him and Teague would be a nice backcourt coming off the bench.
    Last edited by idizzle; 05-29-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Karasev!!!!!

Saw a basketball once

Cool Re: Draft 2013

This year the bulls need to address 2 positions, Shooting guard and a backup center. I believe Deng will be gone after next year and Butler will probably be the starting Small Forward. He will be better at that position than at Shooting Guard.

My opinion the 1st tier of players the bulls should go after if they are available would be: Olynyk, Gobert, Caldwell-Pope, Franklin, and Crabbe.

The next tier if none of those are available could be: Goodwin, Mitchell, or Rice. I'm not too sold on Hardaway or Dieng.

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    Jimmy Butler deserves a shot at the starting 2 guard next season. I do agree we will need another wing guy though - RIP is definitely gone.

This draft could be wide open after the top few players get taken. A guy like Hardaway could be a solid player so I'd be on board with him.

Cardwell-Pope has a lot of abilities that would fit in Chicago - great rebounder for his position and is a solid defender, can also score the ball. Only thing is he would likely have to drop for Chicago to get him.
    I agree on Jimmy Butler. Why do we need to look for another SG? I feel we need a big to replace Asik.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I agree on Jimmy Butler. Why do we need to look for another SG? I feel we need a big to replace Asik.
    SG are kinda in a way just as rare as legit centers. I mean sure all the top tier shooter guards are great but several are about to retire.

Simmons usually argues that Wade/Kobe/Manu are on the way out and the next generation is pretty much Harden/EJ/Afflalo. And really Harden's the only one that's a lock for being an all star more than once. Sure EJ could make it if he gets "healthy" and Afflalo might in a shitty east but it's kinda different than it used to be back in the 90s.

Center is pretty much now Dwight? Gasol Noah Lopez Bosh. I mean there's several guys there who if Dwight is never again that good (and I think he was just bored in LA but he may have actually been injured) that are all arguably the best center. Then a few next tier guys like Asik, Tyson (I'm not as high on him as others) Vucevic etc.

And we're fortunate enough to have one of the top tier guys. Plus the Bulls still need shooting. I think if there's a nice 2 guard prospect take him, but if there's a nice center prospect who would be a good back up grab him.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Meh, this draft isn't deep enough to want the Bulls to become idealistic with their pick. We have to take the best available, period. Because there is a good chance that we're looking at D-League prospects once Stern hits the podium. Dieng and Hardaway are good, because if they're on the board, these are two hard-working(Pax/Thibs type) smart and athletic players that might pan out after a year or two.

Immediate impact players simply are hard to come by in this year's draft class.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    Meh, this draft isn't deep enough to want the Bulls to become idealistic with their pick. We have to take the best available, period. Because there is a good chance that we're looking at D-League prospects once Stern hits the podium. Dieng and Hardaway are good, because if they're on the board, these are two hard-working(Pax/Thibs type) smart and athletic players that might pan out after a year or two.

Immediate impact players simply are hard to come by in this year's draft class.
    Dieng and Hardaway are actually my top two targets with our 20th pick.

In the second round I like Solomon Hill.

Ricky Ledo is one guy i haven't seen anyone mention that could surprise people. Very smooth offensive game. Needs work defensively but has the size and athletic ability and we all know how much Thibs can help people improve their defense.

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    Ricky Ledo is one guy i haven't seen anyone mention that could surprise people. Very smooth offensive game. Needs work defensively but has the size and athletic ability and we all know how much Thibs can help people improve their defense.
    Did some more research on Ledo and if he falls because of some of the worries surrounding him he could really be a steal. Coming out of high school he was a top rated prospect and an All-American. Then due to academics he had to sit out his freshman season at Providence. Because of not getting to see him play against college competition some NBA scouts are worried, but some think he proved himself enough before this past year. He still practiced with the team all year long and worked on his body and his game he just didn't get to play in actual games.

We'll see, but he should definitely be considered an option.

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

1. Plumlee 2. Jamaal Franklin 3. Jeff Withey 4. Crabbe 5. Dieng

That's the order we should draft upon availability.

I think people are over looking Plumlee, his measurements are a lot smaller than expected but the kid has a nba body, and he runs the court well, gets in position and can finish around the rim. But a lot of drafts have em projecting to go earlier so.. Which leads me to my most likely pick jamaal Franklin.

I love this Franklin pick as he is perfect for thibs style of play. He almost averaged double figures in rebounds at 6'6 and a lot of that has to do with his 6'11 wingspan. He is tenacious on defense, already has a somewhat low post game, and he can also dish the basketball. He's a gym rat and hard worker. He hit almost 80% of he free throws, in which he went to the line a lot! Weaknesses are his ball handling (somewhat fairly new to the game of ball, he was a multiple sport athlete in high school track, and football) and he's not a good jump shooter (but he hit 79% from the charity stripe so the potential is there). I love this guy for the bulls and I hope we draft him, but if Plumlee is there I don't see how you can pass on him. Franklin reminds me of lance Stephenson with just a splash of Gerald Wallace.

Local High School Star Bulls_Fan20's Avatar

Post Re: Draft 2013

Quote Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
    1. Plumlee 2. Jamaal Franklin 3. Jeff Withey 4. Crabbe 5. Dieng

That's the order we should draft upon availability.
    While I agree with you on the ranking of the big men, I think Crabbe belongs ahead of Franklin. We were one of the worst 3-point shooting teams in the league this season, and Franklin would not help to improve that. Crabbe can really shoot it, at only 6'6" he has a 6'11" wingspan, hit over 81% of his free throws, and rebounds very well for a guard.

Franklin would definitely fit well in Thib's system except for his poor shooting - we also don't know how well he will transition from a smaller school to the NBA. Looking purely at PPG, he averaged 17 this past season, but his team only played 6 games against ranked opponents, and he averaged just under 11 PPG in them. It's not hard to beat up on the likes of Air Force, Colorado St, and Nevada.....

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
    While I agree with you on the ranking of the big men, I think Crabbe belongs ahead of Franklin. We were one of the worst 3-point shooting teams in the league this season, and Franklin would not help to improve that. Crabbe can really shoot it, at only 6'6" he has a 6'11" wingspan, hit over 81% of his free throws, and rebounds very well for a guard.

Franklin would definitely fit well in Thib's system except for his poor shooting - we also don't know how well he will transition from a smaller school to the NBA. Looking purely at PPG, he averaged 17 this past season, but his team only played 6 games against ranked opponents, and he averaged just under 11 PPG in them. It's not hard to beat up on the likes of Air Force, Colorado St, and Nevada.....
    Yes agreed also, crabbe can really shoot it and he's really good at moving with out the ball which for a young player is very impressive. But I look at it like this.. I don't think crabbe can do this with a wade or Lebron guarding him, or a even a stumpers. Crabbe reminds me of what a rip Hamilton was supposed to be for the bulls. Even tho he is long, he doesn't have that defensive mind set or chip on his shoulder the way Franklin does. We beat teams with out rose this year, even vs the heat, Knicks, pacers etc. we will always win games vs the rest of the nba but we need to beat the heat, pacers, Knicks goin forward. I see us matching up better with Franklin then crabbe vs those teams.

Now this trade rumor with luol that just surfaced is interesting.. All I gotta say is oladipo and that's a potential dynasty if it happens.