Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: 3-Point Bank Shots

http://youtu.be/QTYr8ykRgAI

Ok here is the video of me working on them. The most I've made was 27 in a row and if I miss, it usually goes to the right side of the glass.

I can make it without banking them too and lately in games, I take a regular wing 3 without banking it just because I don't think of banking it in.

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

I was going to make a thread about bank shots and how youngins never use it. I use it all the time, you don't have to worry about arc or rotation, just placement. I actually bank 3s on purpose from time to time but usually indoors off glass boards since it's more forgiving, unlike metal outdoor ones and with that distance it's hard dropping it in soft- even with good placement, given the distance the ball tends to bounce off hard and messes up ur bank. When I drive into the paint I also like to do a straight on bank too.

I love bank shots as you can tell. To work on it I play HORSE all banks.

I don't bank three point shots but I always practice banking from everywhere on mid range. I don't really shoot a lot of three point shots because I tend to be like get open on mid range and just shoot it or slash and try to get an easy lay up.

It's ugly ass B.Walton

A friend of mine who's a right-handed shooter always banks in threes when he shoots them lefty-style. It just happens. Even he doesn't know how lol

I rarely do them purposely, but they often happen when I'm just shooting threes.

CP3&BG&JxOVER&DJ&MB&JJ beastmode's Avatar

takes a little more time to setup certain angles. sometimes different boards fkk up ur shot too

I try to bank all my shots because I'm a terrible shooter. I'm extremely streaky. I'll make like 4 shots in a row, then miss 10, then make 2, miss 5, etc. Whenever I play and I think I'm "feeling" it, I try to intentionally bank everything, except corner 3's.

National High School Star

Yep. I'm a knockdown shooter and for me it just seems to make sense to bank shots when you are the 45 angle. It is much easier to gauge distance when using the backboard (for me at least). My best shot is the top of the key. I'm a sniper from there. We usually play to 30 (1's and 2's). My ppg usually are about 2 bank threes, 2 from the top, 1 from the side, 2 driving bank shots to my left, and 1 layup (so I guess ~13 out of the 30). It helps a lot that we play with 2 pointers, and I'm usually by far the best shooter on the court.

Saw a basketball once

Not a 3-pointer, but a super consistent bank shot... and some trick shots. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FfeolRTzrE

Banned

I always bank 3's from top of the key an 45. It's a lot easier, especially off the dribble.