Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mewwem22
    andrei kirilenko. I wouldn't expect someone who isn't a fan to be able to spell his name, but boy was that attempt off.
    I don't follow the Jazz as you can probably tell. sorry for the miss spelling I am just a bad speller as others can attest to on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsh
    i dont think you can really say that.

Deron Williams has recieved the props he deserves and has been compared to Kidd in his style. He is widely regarded as a top 5 sophomore player without a doubt.

Boozer has only proved his outstanding ability this season. He has been ranked at number 1 in the MVP rankings on NBA.com during the year and everyone is well aware of how well he has been playing. This is the first season he deserves to be considered among the best in the NBA and he certainly has recieved that credit.

AK47, He's been playing injured, but you can't deny that he has been exposed for the overrated player he is.

Okur may be the one (of your top tier players) that is legitimately underrated. He is a terrific shooter for a big man and continually proves that he can come up big in the clutch. We all saw the numbers he put up last year when he had to fill the void of injuries, and they were impressive to say the least.
    I agree that ak is pretty overrated. But saying that deron is only a top 5 sophomore player... That seriously shows how underrated he is.

i know it makes me look like a bitter Mavs fan but why in the hell is Wade getting credit for holding the Heat together w/o Shaq when their roster is pretty damn good and he plays in the East?

oh another name to throw out their as being underrated is Jr Smith. I know the Kid has had a questionable past with the hornets. But he can play hoops with the best of them.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    i know it makes me look like a bitter Mavs fan but why in the hell is Wade getting credit for holding the Heat together w/o Shaq when their roster is pretty damn good and he plays in the East?
    i hate that as well. Because they are "old"?

he is overrated that is why.

i hate that as well. Because they are "old"?
    yea they are an older team but its not like they are scrubs and they did just win the title. i mean damn. they should not have such a cruddy record just b/c they lost Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewwem22
    I agree that ak is pretty overrated. But saying that deron is only a top 5 sophomore player... That seriously shows how underrated he is.
    Sorry, i actually just made a mistake on that one.

He's without a doubt top 3. I would put him 2nd after Chris Paul. And im positive that most people would have him in their top 3.

yea they are an older team but its not like they are scrubs and they did just win the title. i mean damn. they should not have such a cruddy record just b/c they lost Shaq.
    Yeah, like i said..i find it stupid too.

how about this name, Kobe Bryant, underrated or overrated?

Quote Originally Posted by nugsfreak
    how about this name, Kobe Bryant, underrated or overrated?
    Both.

Homers overrate him big time.

Haters underrate him big time.

Then you have those who are neither homers nor haters who appreciate him for exactly what he is.

Both.

Homers overrate him big time.

Haters underrate him big time.

Then you have those who are neither homers nor haters who appreciate him for exactly what he is.
    thats interesting, I agree with you though on your assessment though. I personally cannot stand him for that infamous day in Vail Colorado. I know if i did something like that I'll be behind bars for a long time.

Jermain Oneil and Kevin Garnett need more credit.

Ben Wallace is really overated

let me throw another name out there, Wade. underrated or overrated?

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

rated right where he should be, he hasn't done much without shaq, but again, has kobe ? no one calls kobe overrated.