Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Chicago Bulls Edition

No draft, signings done, no Summer League. Two months of nothingness......so it's time to do some ANALYSIS!!! One team at a time!!!

A brand new series which is not similar to any other sports websites idea....called....... ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS.

So let's go through the league alphabetically, shall we?

Previous teams:

Atlanta Hawks: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309213
    Boston Celtics: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309651
    Brooklyn Nets: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310158
    Charlotte Bobcats: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310309

Today's team?

[COLOR="Red"]THE CHICAGO BULLS

PG - Rose/Hinrich/Teague
    SG - Butler/Dunleavy
    SF - Deng/Snell/Thomas
    PF - Boozer/Gibson/Murphy
    C - Noah/Mohammed

Head Coach - Tom Thibodeau
    General Manager - Gar Forman[/COLOR]

1. TRUE or FALSE: Joakim Noah is more important to the Bulls success than Derrick Rose.

2. TRUE or FALSE: Jimmy Butler is THAT good.

3. TRUE or FALSE: Despite Thibodeau's defensive genius, Bulls need to improve their offensive creativity.

4. AGREE or DISAGREE: More Taj Gibson, Less Carlos Boozer.

5. The one "X Factor" that can catapult the Bulls over the top East competitors is:

You can elaborate on your answers.

Next up: [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cleveland Cavaliers[/COLOR]. Have a Five Question suggestion for the Cavaliers? Send me a PM with ideas.

Last edited by bagelred; 09-11-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Chicago Bulls Edition

1. TRUE or FALSE: Joakim Noah is more important to the Bulls success than Derrick Rose.

Not more important but equally important with the caveat that Derrick Rose is at least 80-90% percent of what he was.

to be determined. Not a hater but want to see him this season

3. TRUE or FALSE: Despite Thibodeau's defensive genius, Bulls need to improve their offensive creativity.

With what they have how much more can creative can they be? They need a legit 2nd scorer to get to the next level

4. AGREE or DISAGREE: More Taj Gibson, Less Carlos Boozer

Kinda agree. But Boozer does have his moments.

5. The one "X Factor" that can catapult the Bulls over the top East competitors is:

If they can get Lamarcus Aldridge with out getting rid of Noah. Don't see it happening.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

1. False. With Joakim we'll always have a respectable defensive team. With Derrick Rose we can actually go places.

2. False. I love Jimmy's game and demeanor but people putting him on the level of Kawhi or Paul George are overrating him. He's a solid, solid player already and he can grow quite a bit offensively but he'll never be more than a great 3rd option.

3. I don't know. The first year it seemed that way, but it's possible Thibs wanted to get the defense in place first and upgrade the offense going forward. I'm pretty optimistic because I think we can run offense through more guys than we could back then.

4. True, BUT, only if Rose is healthy. With Rose out, Boozer was a godsend last year. If we have enough offense, Taj is a better option than Boozer.

5. Boozer has to be able to be efficient and effective with Rose on the floor at the same time. And ofcourse Rose has to stay healthy. If the defense can remain as good as it's been the last couple of years, I think we're in good shape.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

[COLOR="Red"]THE CHICAGO BULLS

PG - Rose/Hinrich/Teague
    SG - Butler/Dunleavy
    SF - Deng/Snell/Thomas
    PF - Boozer/Gibson/Murphy
    C - Noah/Mohammed

Head Coach - Tom Thibodeau
    General Manager - Gar Forman[/COLOR]

True. Not that rose is replaceable, but can you imagine the bulls having the same record last year without noah (or asik). There is no one on the roster who controls backbone of the entire team D like noah can. Sure, they have to adjust offensively to rose being gone, but their entire identity hinges on the rim protection of Noah IMO.

that good? sure. Allstar good? no. Better than Deng? No. Hes an above average and long defender who has a fairly well rounded overall game. I do think we will see some regression this year (or at least not continued growth on the same trajectory), but hes still a very good young player. Bulls fans should be pleased.

False. They have enough creativity in their pg to not worry too much about the overall system. There is designed creativity (spurs sets off of sets) and then improvised creativity (variations within a handful of sets). Besides, when it comes down to it, defense is much more important in the playoffs.

meh. I was sold on Taj a couple of years ago. Now, I think hes grown into what he is. Boozer may be a below average defender, but his rebounding and offensive spacing/skillset probably offset that enough next to noah. I prefer to see taj as the main big off the bench still.

Bench play. They have at least three strong bench players in kirk, dunleavy and taj (with nazr still a solid backup center). The pacers would have beat the heat with an average bench unit. the spurs would have beat the heat with decent play from their main bench guy. That will be the key to beating the heat, taking advantage of the fatigue of their main players with better bench play.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

--False. Simply put: Noah may be more important to the Bulls to win 50+ games, but Rose is the player who will have to win them a championship. This collection of players in Chicago is at the point where it's about post-season success.

--False. What the **** is that good? I think he can become a very good two-way NBA player, but I'm not sure I see an all-star in his future.

--False. I think it's more personnel than scheme. Sure you can make average players look good on offense with the right system (see Popovich, Gregg), but you still need the right players to make it happen. Whomever drafts for Chicago clearly has a type because they are all very similar players. Probably the only player who doesn't "fit" with that schematic of a player is Boozer. Except instead of finding the median, they went on the entirely opposite end of the spectrum and stuck with defensive inept player. Letting Belli walk was a mistake, imo.

--Agree. I'm honestly shocked Boozer hasn't been amnestied yet. For a team built and coached around defense, they are still starting one of the worst defensive players in the entire NBA. How does that make sense?

--Rose. This is like LeBron back in Cleveland, Jordan in the early year Bulls, or any other team with a single superstar player. It doesn't matter who you bring in (unless it's another star, of course), eventually your star player needs to be the star, the x factor, and all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

[B]1. TRUE or FALSE: Joakim Noah is more important to the Bulls success than Derrick Rose.

1. false. joakim is important. not as important as rose. joakim is laking offensive capabilities.

2. yes he is that good

3. bulls need someone that can shoot better

4. no, boozer needs the ball more. i feel he is left out of the offense at times. he should be treated as the second scoring option.

5. rose shooting better.

If I was a bulls fan, if I had to lose either Rose or Noah, I'd keep Noah.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    if you were a Bulls fan, there is a good chance you would have been shot in the face by a gang member by now.

How come the Brooklyn Nets one got stickied, and no others, kind of annoying...

False. Don't get me wrong, Noah has a huge impact, but without Rose they are not in the discussion of 'contenders'.

Jury is out, I suspect he'll come back down to earth with more talent around him.

True, but that's why they have Rose right? His return should help tremendously in that area.

Disagree, Boozer is getting old, but he isn't finished yet.

5. The one "X Factor" that can catapult the Bulls over the top East competitors is.

Noah, if he can play at an allstar level with Rose back, they will be pretty good. Oh **** it, they aren't beating Indy or Miami regardless.

True. Noah is a tremendous rebounder, defender (great on the perimeter as well), passer and the heart of the team.

True. I think he, Noah, Rose are the three untouchables on the roster.

False. We need to see this lineup with Rose.

Disagree. Boozer is finding his own (great last year), and I think he's very valuable as a second scoring option with the attention on Rose.

Derrick Rose. If he plays as well as he did in 2011 (when he was a top 2 PG and a top 5 offensive player in the entire league), it allows the rest of the players on the court to play to their talent/responsibilities, and not force shots.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    if you were a Bulls fan, there is a good chance you would have been shot in the face by a gang member by now.
    Come on Silkk, you can troll better than that.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

True and False. I believe he's equally as important as Rose. If Rose played all of last season and Noah did not play a single game, the results for the Bulls would probably have been the same - mid-rank seed, loss in 2nd round.

False. But as embersyc said, jury is still out. He had a great playoff run. We'll see if that carries over to an 82-game season.

False. They don't need to improve their offensive creativity. But improving their offensive flexibility or dynamism would exponentially help. They have some shooting around Rose now, perhaps a more dominant offensive post presence would help.

Agree. In terms of minutes. I still think Taj is better as a spark plug off the bench. Boozer should still start, but shouldn't be finishing games.

Health. Not just Rose coming back healthy, but Noah being 100%, Deng being 100%, Hinrich being 100%, etc. If they can all stay healthy, they have a legit shot at making, possibly even winning, the Finals.

Banned

True. Chicago have Hinrich to play if Rose is gone. If Noah is gone, they only have Nazr Mohammad. Plus, Noah is so important for the team's interior defense and rebounding.

True. He has a lot of potential.

False. With Rose now on the team, their offensive game is gonna improve a whole lot.

Disagree. Take away Booze's bad contract and people would start giving him much more credit.

Derrick Rose. Without him, they'll just reach the Conference Semi-Finals like last year.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix

If you were a Bulls fan it would have meant LeBron signed with Chicago.