Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Official Celtics Off-Season Thread

Post all off-season ideas here

I think we should buyout Pierce and trade KG. Green and Rondo should be leaders of the team next year. I don't know yet what else the Celtics should do. They need another true PG to backup Rondo. Maybe Jarrett Jack or Andre Miller?

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Default Re: Official Celtics Off-Season Thread

will rondo be back at the start of the season ?

if not then i think kg retires after this season. can pierce still re evaluate his contract?

i think celtics should tank this season .. top 5 pick next year will improve them vastly with a good young core.

rondo-bradley-williams
    pierce if he stays.
    green
    sullinger
    melo if he pans out

you are looking at wiggins if we get #1 pick . parker . randle or harrison or maybe even aaron gordon even james young.

so there's the future celtics

Sweden Loves the Green Lebowski's Avatar

Since KG and Paul is likely done, I rather we traded Jet and Bass to someone, contenders might bite.

Stick with Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sullinger, Melo (and Randolph) and Courtney Lee. And that should result in a decent pick.

What's with the lowest salaries? 25k is a 10-day contract?

Sweden Loves the Green Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Post all off-season ideas here

I think we should buyout Pierce and trade KG. Green and Rondo should be leaders of the team next year. I don't know yet what else the Celtics should do. They need another true PG to backup Rondo. Maybe Jarrett Jack or Andre Miller?
    How does these two different situations affect the salary-cap; 1) buyout of PP and KG or 2) PP and KG retire?

I mean, if I understand it correct Celtics would land at 34.8m$ in guaranteed salaries without PP and KG.

I don't see any of them taking a salary cut, however that works (if even possible but I thought I read something like that on celticsblog)

This is a lot worse than I had originally thought. They don't have much to trade in for future assets unless you consider Rondo, whose value has certainly dropped after the injury. I don't think much can be done this off season aside from trading our bad players for other bad players with some sort of hidden potential or just trading Rondo for a bunch of building pieces.

After next season, Ainge should heavily consider talking Pierce and Garnett into retirement. Then one or two good free agents could be signed. Only one I see that is decent is Gortat. :/

The lineup for next year's player in contract are as follows (with no changes)

PG - Terry/Williams/Rondo
    SG - Bradley/Lee/Crawford
    SF - Pierce/Green
    PF - Bass/Sully
    C - Garnett/Melo

Add one rookie and that equates to 13 players. 12 if Williams does not have his contract guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    This is a lot worse than I had originally thought. They don't have much to trade in for future assets unless you consider Rondo, whose value has certainly dropped after the injury. I don't think much can be done this off season aside from trading our bad players for other bad players with some sort of hidden potential or just trading Rondo for a bunch of building pieces.

After next season, Ainge should heavily consider talking Pierce and Garnett into retirement. Then one or two good free agents could be signed. Only one I see that is decent is Gortat. :/

The lineup for next year's player in contract are as follows (with no changes)

PG - Terry/Williams/Rondo
    SG - Bradley/Lee/Crawford
    SF - Pierce/Green
    PF - Bass/Sully
    C - Garnett/Melo

Add one rookie and that equates to 13 players. 12 if Williams does not have his contract guaranteed.

if its only up to me .. prolong rondo's injury tank to the max.. i am that serious on andrew wiggins

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    if its only up to me .. prolong rondo's injury tank to the max.. i am that serious on andrew wiggins
    I would let KG, Pierce, Green and Rondo sit out all next year if we could get Wiggins.

Very good NBA starter

My opinionated idea.:

-Paul Pierce at this stage is a great 6th man to give you 25-28 great mins. His ego won't allow Green to start, but PP solves 2nd unit scoring.

-PP and KG are package deal, if one goes they both go. I believe after seeing Garnett struggle, he is not going to stay for a rebuild.

-This team needs to get a veteran PG with actual PG Skills. Ainge needs to stop getting combo guards. We need a andre miller type PG who can spell rondo and start 10 games a year.

-This team needs to solidify the SG and C spot. Stop with the combo guards. We need a legit 6'5-6'6 SG who can be consistent and occasionally create off the dribble. ( Klay Thompson is my dream SG for Boston)

-

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    My opinionated idea.:

-Paul Pierce at this stage is a great 6th man to give you 25-28 great mins. His ego won't allow Green to start, but PP solves 2nd unit scoring.

-PP and KG are package deal, if one goes they both go. I believe after seeing Garnett struggle, he is not going to stay for a rebuild.

-This team needs to get a veteran PG with actual PG Skills. Ainge needs to stop getting combo guards. We need a andre miller type PG who can spell rondo and start 10 games a year.

-This team needs to solidify the SG and C spot. Stop with the combo guards. We need a legit 6'5-6'6 SG who can be consistent and occasionally create off the dribble. ( Klay Thompson is my dream SG for Boston)

-

so who would you rather have

Steve Adams / Dieng

or

Hardaway jr / rice jr / Shabazz

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

I think this season would be the best year to blow it up. But if we are to make one last run at it (feels like we have been saying this for 5 years, lol) there are two things I would like to see happen.

1. Shabazz Muhammad's stock has fallen. Would be awesome backup for Pierce.
    2. Trade for Perkins. He sucks now, maybe OKC will dump him to save a few bucks. Bass + Melo is more than fair.

So by the playoffs, we would be looking at something like this:

Rondo/Terry/Williams
    Bradley/Lee/Crawford
    Pierce/Muhammad
    KG/Green
    Perkins/Sullinger

Pick up a couple of cheap, veteran bigs and we may have something.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    I think this season would be the best year to blow it up. But if we are to make one last run at it (feels like we have been saying this for 5 years, lol) there are two things I would like to see happen.

1. Shabazz Muhammad's stock has fallen. Would be awesome backup for Pierce.
    2. Trade for Perkins. He sucks now, maybe OKC will dump him to save a few bucks. Bass + Melo is more than fair.

So by the playoffs, we would be looking at something like this:

Rondo/Terry/Williams
    Bradley/Lee/Crawford
    Pierce/Muhammad
    KG/Green
    Perkins/Sullinger

Pick up a couple of cheap, veteran bigs and we may have something.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Just dicking around with the trade machine, but I made this...

Boston gets:
    #4 pick (Charlotte)
    #12 pick (OKC)
    #19 pick (second Cleveland)
    Kemba Walker
    Jeremy Lamb
    Tristan Thompson
    CJ Miles
    Perry Jones
    Tyrus Thomas

OKC gets:
    KG
    Sessions
    Jeff Adrien
    #16 pick (Boston)

Charlotte gets:
    Rondo
    Perkins
    Reggie Jackson
    Daniel Orton
    DeAndre Liggins
    #33 pick (Cleveland)

Cleveland gets:
    Jeff Green
    Fab Melo
    2014 Boston Second Round Pick

Walker/Bradley
    Lamb/Crawford/Miles
    Bennett (#4)/Jones
    Thompson/Bass/Thomas
    Sullinger/Len (#11)/Dieng (#19)

Still have to dump Pierce, Terry and Lee.
    Last edited by UConnCeltics; 05-30-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    Just dicking around with the trade machine, but I made this...

Boston gets:
    #4 pick (Charlotte)
    #12 pick (OKC)
    #19 pick (second Cleveland)
    Kemba Walker
    Jeremy Lamb
    Tristan Thompson
    CJ Miles
    Perry Jones
    Tyrus Thomas

OKC gets:
    KG
    Sessions
    Jeff Adrien
    #16 pick (Boston)

Charlotte gets:
    Rondo
    Perkins
    Reggie Jackson
    Daniel Orton
    DeAndre Liggins
    #33 pick (Cleveland)

Cleveland gets:
    Jeff Green
    Fab Melo
    2014 Boston Second Round Pick

Walker/Bradley
    Lamb/Crawford/Miles
    Bennett (#4)/Jones
    Thompson/Bass/Thomas
    Sullinger/Len (#11)/Dieng (#19)

Still have to dump Pierce, Terry and Lee.
    trades that big and detailed with so many things moving around are highly unlikely, plus i think Charlotte gets screwed.

College superstar

Not a Celtics fan, but the Doc trade made me wanna come see what the forums are like.

Anyway, someone mentioned cutting/waiving Pierce. I think he still has value, particularly for a contending team that believes they are one piece away... or a stupid team (no offense to Pierce).

My favorite Pierce idea is his going to SA, but they didn't (looked last season) have the salaries to make it work. But now, what about...

Pierce to Brooklyn

for

Humphries and Brooks?

Humphries is obviously to match salaries, and his deal is the same length as Pierce's, so it is not terrible to bring back. Brooks is a solid, young, scoring wing. Brooklyn could toss in a second round pick (doubt they'd be talked into a first, but obviously that is ideal).
    Basically, it's time to flip the aging vets for younger players.

KG trades:

To GSW -- RJ, Draymond Green, a pick. GSW would have a pretty nasty lineup, on paper.

Denver -- Wilson Chandler, a pick.

OKC -- Perkins (sucks, obviously), Lamb

Best of luck to Doc.