Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Superstar

gonna start seeing some kobe psycologists in here any minute now taking apart what he says word for word and breaking it down from kobe's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    MVP is rated by regular season success and importance to the team during the regular season. Nash will most likely win it because Phoenix is totally lost with Nash. The mavs can win a few but not as many without Dirk. Kobe basically had to say that in front of all the media. It actually boosts his own image to put someone else ahead of him for a change.
    i still wonder why everyone assumes that.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    gonna start seeing some kobe psycologists in here any minute now taking apart what he says word for word and breaking it down from kobe's mind.
    and here it comes......

Dunking on everybody in the park

"Just whatever you do, don't give it to Nash again. Can you let me stop worrying about passing and intangibles for a year? Please?"

Saw a basketball once STILLBALLIN's Avatar

Kobe is definitely the man and is a candidate as always. Dirk is ballin in Dallas and deserves it as much as anybody. Can not dispute the "Steve Nash" factor but...King James should reign supreme as long as the cavs stay on top, after all he got robbed last year.

I usually hit open layups

KG: Yao Ming gets my MVP vote ;)

Quote Originally Posted by STILLBALLIN
    Kobe is definitely the man and is a candidate as always. Dirk is ballin in Dallas and deserves it as much as anybody. Can not dispute the "Steve Nash" factor but...King James should reign supreme as long as the cavs stay on top, after all he got robbed last year.

Are you basing that on his teams playoff run?

Banned

I am so sick and ****ing tired of every ****ing person in the media deciding WHAT THEY think the MVP should be. Not who. What.

The award is basically 100% meaningless because the league refuses to set a criteria or at the very least define "MVP" outside of just simply "Most Valuable Player".

The award is a joke.

Roy = my new fave.

Not caring about MVP awards and the like is usually used by players to display their humility. I didn't know it could be used so condescendingly and arrogantly.

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta
    I am so sick and ****ing tired of every ****ing person in the media deciding WHAT THEY think the MVP should be. Not who. What.

The award is basically 100% meaningless because the league refuses to set a criteria or at the very least define "MVP" outside of just simply "Most Valuable Player".

The award is a joke.
    for once i agree with you. im disgusted to see those everyday writers that come up with these stupid articles and meaningless views everyday defining the course of the NBA.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

He is probably basing it on:

31+/7/6+ (on 48% shooting)
    50+ wins

Saw a basketball once STILLBALLIN's Avatar

The league will not give it to a player unless the team is a winner and contending....I am basing it off of games 1 through 82

Quote Originally Posted by STILLBALLIN
    The league will not give it to a player unless the team is a winner and contending....I am basing it off of games 1 through 82
    They won't give Lebron Jordan status just yet. We all know and agree Cleveland is hot garbage without Lebron. But they may have a winning record because of the weak east. Phoenix would by no means have a winning record without nash. That's 1-82 for real.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Phoenix would by no means have a winning record without nash.
    See... I can't agree with that. You sit Nash and start Barbosa and the Suns would still be a formidable team. There is a ton of talent there.

Local High School Star DreamRockets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    He is probably basing it on:

31+/7/6+ (on 48% shooting)
    50+ wins
    pretty numbers, not enough wins in the pitiful east, give it to wade then, he won 52 games even with shaq missing 23 of them.