Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Artest somehow stupidly does it again...waiting for 10+ game suspension

Artest is gonna get nailed for this. Too many chances for him, suspend for 5-10 games imo.

Definitely suspension. This was intentional. You don't swing your arm after getting bear hugged. Can't even make the excuse that he didn't know Lin was there.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Artest somehow stupidly does it again...waiting for 10+ game suspension

How are you gonna argue he didn't know Lin was there after Lin just intentionally fouled him?

It's a lot worse because of who is doing it. If it was anybody else in the league, it'd be seen as bad and reckless, but because it's World Peace with his history he might get a lot more flak than this. I'd give him a two game suspension, and that's in part because of his track record, but it's a lot less malicious than the Harden incident. It's not an elbow either, which is a lot more dangerous than a backhanded swipe

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

I used to find his nuttiness charming and amusing, but now it's just nauseating.

Can't stand this dude.

shouldn't have been a flagarant. Just coincidental.

I don't like that one. Lin didn't deserve that. Hit someone your own size. I think that was intentional.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    He'll get games, he's an idiot. You have a duty of care, he knew Lin was in area and made a weird spinning strike. The guy is crazy.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Artest is gonna get nailed for this. Too many chances for him, suspend for 5-10 games imo.

Definitely suspension. This was intentional. You don't swing your arm after getting bear hugged. Can't even make the excuse that he didn't know Lin was there.
    And this, the he's had way more chances than he deserves. With a history of violent reactions like this (often with little to no provocation), I wouldn't be against Stern kicking him out of the league. The dude is, legitimately, completely ****ing insane. He's a danger to other players just by being out on the court, you don't know what he might do.

And I can't believe people are actually saying this might not be intentional, come on, that's ridiculous. He knew exactly where Lin was.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake

Please feel free to bump this thread if that happens but I think you're crazy if you think they are suspending him for 5-10 games. 3 games max, and I'd be surprised at that.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    This
    He's a danger to other players just by being out on the court, you don't know what he might do.
    + Hes developing a large striking arsenal, he started with straight forward jabs and hooks @Detriot moved to muay thai elbows @OKC and now spinning back fists vs Houston the only thing left is head kicks and knees which will be coming to a NBA arena near you when the Lakers play.

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    This

And this, the he's had way more chances than he deserves. With a history of violent reactions like this (often with little to no provocation), I wouldn't be against Stern kicking him out of the league. The dude is, legitimately, completely ****ing insane. He's a danger to other players just by being out on the court, you don't know what he might do.

And I can't believe people are actually saying this might not be intentional, come on, that's ridiculous. He knew exactly where Lin was.
    what a bunch of cry babies. The guy is going full speed and is hit by another man and put off balance. He spins to regain his balance and extends his arm to help him the pursuit. Then, by pure chance he hits this guy in the face.

how about stop whining softees. This ish happens on bball courts everyday by accident.

   

If a society endorses crazy people wandering the streets then shit's gonna happen. That's on society, not the mentally ill.

Stern, big money and big markets are the culprits here.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    what a bunch of cry babies. The guy is going full speed and is hit by another man and put off balance. He spins to regain his balance and extends his arm to help him the pursuit. Then, by pure chance he hits this guy in the face.

how about stop whining softees. This ish happens on bball courts everyday by accident.
    WTF kinda real hardcore crack are you smoking? Either that or inbred?

don't think he gets any. closely and slowly it looks like an accident but who knows. its metta world peace.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    shouldn't have been a flagarant. Just coincidental.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

If that was done by someone with no history of violent incidents there would be no punishment. It didn't look that vicious, and Lin wasn't knocked down or hurt in any big way. Because it's Artest and he has a history something may happen but if Artest had wanted to hurt him he would have done worse than that. We've seen what happens when Artest gets nasty. I don't think he should get punished this time.