Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Lettuce face reality: Tony Parker is the best PG in the game

Quote Originally Posted by icewill36
    because he lead a team that is not as talented to the best record
    Rose goes down and Chicago still get a top 2 seed. Hmm.

Meanwhile Parker plays with two grandpas Duncan and Manu who plays 55-60 games a year, and random roleplayers no one has ever heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    f*ck stats, advanced stats and other BS.

CP3, Deron Williams and Deron Rose-all players who have accomplished NOTHING and lead their team nowhere beyond conference finals repeatedly get more credit than Tony Parker who has rings, Finals MVP and is the best player on the best team in the NBA.

When will we face reality ISH?

fCK ppg, apg, spg

Tony Parker is clearly the best PG in the game.
    stick to trolling the OCL, this forum is clearly beyond you.

Banned

Parker has Ginobli and Duncan. Rose in his sophomore year had the best mid range % in the league. He abandoned it when he needed to utilize the 3, in his 3rd year.

Rose has a bunch of guys that can't create a shot worth a damn. Boozer is no type of low post threat at all anymore.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ass Dan
    stick to trolling the OCL, this forum is clearly beyond you.
    This isn't trolling. Why do people continue to underrate Tony Parker, seems like no one ever watches him play, if he was in LA, Chicago or New York people would be calling him top 5 overall in the league.

He's nowhere close to CP3, that's for sure. CP3 is a top 4 player in the NBA, could even argue he's 3rd. His impact is massive. Tony Parker has never been and never will be close to a top 5 player in the NBA. After CP3, I think Westbrook and a healthy D-Rose, along with Deron Williams are all clearly superior to Parker as well. Rondo is more debatable I suppose, but I think Rondo is better overall. Parker is probably better than Steve Nash at this point, but it's debatable. IMO, he's the 6th best PG in the NBA at best. He's a great player, but you're overrating him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    He's nowhere close to CP3, that's for sure. CP3 is a top 4 player in the NBA, could even argue he's 3rd. His impact is massive. Tony Parker has never been and never will be close to a top 5 player in the NBA. After CP3, I think Westbrook and a healthy D-Rose, along with Deron Williams are all clearly superior to Parker as well. Rondo is more debatable I suppose, but I think Rondo is better overall. Parker is probably better than Steve Nash at this point, but it's debatable. IMO, he's the 6th best PG in the NBA at best. He's a great player, but you're overrating him.
    I think it's overrating to call perennial second round exit CP3 a top 4 player in the NBA, a same top 4 player who lead his team to a 56 point home defeat in the playoffs to the Melo/Chauncey/Martin/JR Smith/Birdman Nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    I think it's overrating to call perennial second round exit CP3 a top 4 player in the NBA, a same top 4 player who lead his team to a 56 point home defeat in the playoffs to the Melo/Chauncey/Martin/JR Smith/Birdman Nuggets.
    Don't breed.

High School Starter

Parkers good but not on the same level as cp3

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Brilliant thread title.

Career
    Parker > DRose

As a player
    DRose >>>> Parker

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Tony has never won anything as the best player on his team. His titles were him as the 3rd option of a big 3. Now because Duncan and Manu are old and the Spurs get bounced routinely from the play off's were gonna say it was all Parker? Even though now Parker is all they got and they suck?

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    Tony has never won anything as the best player on his team. His titles were him as the 3rd option of a big 3. Now because Duncan and Manu are old and the Spurs get bounced routinely from the play off's were gonna say it was all Parker? Even though now Parker is all they got and they suck?
    A third-option Finals MVP.

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Parker was 5th in MVP voting THIS SEASON, and with a very small gap between him and Kobe/CP3.

And yes, he is nowhere near a player he has knocked out of the playoffs twice (most recently with a broom). 3 championships, 1 Finals MVP <<<<<<<<< 2 playoff series wins
    Last edited by ninephive; 10-22-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    A third-option Finals MVP.
    They played the Cavs. I mean dear god. Tim Duncan is one of the greats. And the Spurs only go as far as he takes them. Even though Tony Parker is a huge mismatch for those terrible point guards Cleveland had.

Tony is like the Rondo of the 2000 decade.

Lucky to have landed on a team with great players and was not anointed as a franchise savior as a lottery pick.

He benefited from not playing in a perennial crappy franchises like the Bucks or Bobcats.

Put Tony Parker in any of those teams since he was drafted in 2001 and he would fade into obscurity and no one would care about him (except maybe the French).
    Last edited by 9512; 10-22-2012 at 11:18 AM.