Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Default Re: Tomorrow's Celtic / Pacer game cancelled, will not be rescheduled.

Could anyone please fill me in? Why is it cancelled

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Fox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    I personally find it disgusting that they would exploit the tragedy for their own gain. I am appalled. Pathetic.
    Exploit it? You're an idiot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    Could anyone please fill me in? Why is it cancelled
    explosion at Boston marathon

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

Bagel has a whole new crop of noobs to troll.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

No reason to play this game. I'm sure both teams will appreciate the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by devin112

The terrorists have won. Slowly but surely changing everything in our daily lives. A meaningless basketball game should be played and nothing will change my opinion

[COLOR="White"]jk boston ;([/COLOR]
    Last edited by FreezingTsmoove; 04-15-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Not disputing the call but I'm very surprised by this.

I remember on September 13th 2001 WWF held a special live broadcast of SmackDown in Houston dedicated to the victims of 9/11. Sure, Houston is far from NYC, but 9/11 was a disaster on a much larger scale than today's events.

I think adding a moment of silence / tribute would have provided a more fitting solution. As others have mentioned, this could make the US seem fragile to enemies.

Damn...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Leftimage
    Not disputing the call but I'm very surprised by this.

I remember on September 13th 2001 WWF held a special live broadcast of SmackDown in Houston dedicated to the victims of 9/11. Sure, Houston is far from NYC, but 9/11 was a disaster on a much larger scale than today's events.

I think adding a moment of silence / tribute would have provided a more fitting solution. As others have mentioned, this could make the US seem fragile to enemies.
    If the game were scheduled for Indy Im sure thed play. Staging an nba game requires a lot of arena staff and personnel. You dont know how many employees have been immediately affected by this. Heck, even if you let affected employees call out, then you start a whole new risk of compromised safety at the facility.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    This is BS. Celtics and Pacers get extra rest now? The Knicks probable first 2 round opponents?

I personally find it disgusting that they would exploit the tragedy for their own gain. I am appalled. Pathetic.

The entire East playoffs are now tainted.
    No white text?

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by devin112
    trolling? more like a perverted psychopath who thinks it's humorous to try to get a rise out of strangers on a basketball message board due to a tragedy where innocent people were killed for no reason.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    If the game were scheduled for Indy Im sure thed play. Staging an nba game requires a lot of arena staff and personnel. You dont know how many employees have been immediately affected by this. Heck, even if you let affected employees call out, then you start a whole new risk of compromised safety at the facility.
    plus Boston's going to pretty much be on lockdown for awhile, no point in using law enforcement officers to protect a freakin basketball game

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    plus Boston's going to pretty much be on lockdown for awhile, no point in using law enforcement officers to protect a freakin basketball game
    Yep, I'm sure it has something to do with that. All the security needed for the game is probably on call, interviewing witnesses, following leads, etc. since most are not paid by the teams for security.

But remember, the NBA cancelled the game, not the Celtics organization.

So will Hawks/Raptors get the TNT treatment?