Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: People sleeping on San Antonio again?

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Harden killed SA in the WCF).
    This is true.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    I believe they'll be in the Finals. OKC is a little easier to shut down with the one dimesional Kevin Martin as opposed to Harden's screen and roll threat(Harden killed SA in the WCF).
    Really solid point, and what I've been telling people. Before his disappearance in the Finals (due to those SMOKING Miami women and night clubs) ... Harden, IMO might've been their best player for a stretch there, especially in that series v.s. San Antonio.

His playmaking and passing abilities, were IMO the best on the team. He gave them a serious dimension off the bench. Even though he's a legit top 5 SG in the league, and a top ten scoring talent.

To me that big three was as talented as Miami's ... I think OKC is significantly less frightening without Harden. All you need to do is bait UrkelBrook's emotions into trying to beat you himself, because after all he's easy to bait given his intelligence. Then you just body Durant on the perimeter, as he's so frail he has a hard time separating himself from the defense. There is no Harden to save them in tight situations this year.

Kevin Martin to me looks like a regular season stat padder, and he's already ridiculously one dimensional. He's not Harden caliber.

I think the Clippers may end up taking the Western Conference this year. That team is utterly stacked, and they play well together.

I rule the local playground returnofthemack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Spurs will be fine as long as Duncan is 100% by the time playoffs arrive.
    if by fine you mean they kick ass in the reg season and get bounced in the 1at or 2nd round then they should be fine. they arent winning a ring. everyone knows the nba is all about the playoffs. reg season dont mean jack. these guys cant hang with the best teams come april.

Quote Originally Posted by returnofthemack
    if by fine you mean they kick ass in the reg season and get bounced in the 1at or 2nd round then they should be fine. they arent winning a ring. everyone knows the nba is all about the playoffs. reg season dont mean jack. these guys cant hang with the best teams come april.
    It does when a team at this point needs all the HCA they can get. Best home team in the league, and they won their first 6 home games last playoffs. Better defense + hca throughout is their best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    SA beat NO, PHX, and DAL without Pop. Spurs are deep (it's largely why they win) and have a balanced offense. But they're not top heavy enough like the 2-3 serious contenders. If only they had like a young yet established player, ala Iguodala, Gay, or Granger.
    Lol about 5 years ago that sentence would've been incredibly impressive, but many how times have changed (and the Spurs haven't)

If Manu is healthy and Kawhi can play a little better consistently, they can win the title.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    If Manu is healthy and Kawhi can play a little better consistently, they can win the title.
    Kawhi and Green NEED to step up. The same applies to Neal and Splitter.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    Lol about 5 years ago that sentence would've been incredibly impressive, but many how times have changed (and the Spurs haven't)
    I understand those teams aren't the best of the best, but the point is these Spurs would probably be decent even with an average coach.

They have players coming off the bench who could be starting on teams (Jackson, Diaw) and a few PG's who could very well go on to become starters too (Mills, De Colo, Joseph).

Spurs Bench this season:

10.9 apg - #1 in the league
    39.8 ppg - #4 in the league
    3.7 spg - #2 in the league
    46.6 FG% - Tied for first

san antonio can make any team look stupid. Any team can make san antonio look old.

Hopefully timmy D's knee is ok

Literally the only reason people sleep on them is because they aren't on ESPN 24/7. PROVE ME WRONG. You guys on here only care about what you see on ESPN. PROVE ME WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Literally the only reason people sleep on them is because they aren't on ESPN 24/7. PROVE ME WRONG. You guys on here only care about what you see on ESPN. PROVE ME WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Sorry, I don't watch their garbage. I've kept a good eye on the Spurs for a long time.

Winning>Stats

I think the Spurs can win the title, but I think Stern might find a way in the playoffs to make sure the Spurs don't make it.

Because they haven't done shit in the playoffs for the last 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Because they haven't done shit in the playoffs for the last 6 years.
    Two Conference Finals appearances is more than some teams have ever seen. Not to mention this was after we started getting "old", yet we are still competing even with two of the three cornerstones of our team 35+ years old.

Ignorance is bliss.