Page 98 of 166 FirstFirst ... 48889596979899100101108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2487
    Home of the 16

Default Re: ☆NBA FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Ouch. You guys are hurting my feelings. Haha.

For me, I just don't like Birdman's contract. But, I'd rather experiment with Shabaz. Roll the dice.

You guys got one?

NBA lottery pick

Napier really hasn't done anything to impress me yet. Definitely not a guy I'd want to put together a trade around. He could end up being a total bust. More than likely he's a decent backup kind of guy. I don't really have any trade ideas that could make an impact on the Lakers roster just because there's nobody on this team that another teams going to give up a good player for and essentially "lose" a trade. I could see the Lakers being involved in trade talks as a third team and hopefully picking up some draft picks. Outside of that there's not a lot of trade rumors in general. I think some team is going to pick up Michael Beasley. There's a few other guys in China playing well. Will Bynum was a good PG in Detroit. He's a good guy to come off the bench and he's played extremely well over there. He never really got a great opportunity in Detroit because there was always someone else ahead of him. I think a team will snag him up after the playoffs finish over there (which I think is toward the end of next month).

Straight up deals are tough because honestly Lakers dont have the right kind of players to trade to acquire picks/youth. What I am looking at are teams with needs. The Blazers just lost LA and Lopez has been hurt all season. They could use a big like Hill. I think some kind of 3 team deal involving Jordan Hill going to the Blazers would fit a need. I would like to get their late 1st round pick.

Maybe something like this? Trade Hill and Ellington for Terrenc Robinson, Dorell Wright and Joel Freedman (3 expiring deals) + 1st round pick? I think I would be ok with that. The players have no future but if you can turn Hill and Ellington into a 1st rounder, I would be all over that.

Also remember we have Nash trade exception and randle too so we have some flexibility in 3 team deals.

NBA lottery pick

I like that Scott is playing the young guys. Well mainly Clarkson. He's now benched Lin and it's probably going to be hard for him to get back in the rotation anytime soon. He also started Kelly and Sacre. I think Kelly has a chance to be a decent stretch forward. Sacre I think is lucky to be in the league. That basically shows me they're trying to develop the young guys a bit, but they're also not worried to lose a few extra games now. That tank picture in a previous post summed it all up, lol.

shhhhhhh

I have a feeling Lin is on his way out of town...

He had every chance to do well, Nash out, Kobe in and out of rotation, starting role, off the bench etc etc etc... he just hasn't been so impressive in any spot that carrying that contract for another year is a viable situation...

Lin really had a great opportunity and sort of dropped the ball, not saying the conditions for him to thrive were ideal but still... he dropped the ball

NBA lottery pick

I've always said he's not a starter in the NBA. I've always taken a bunch of heat for it too.

Damn it. The problem here is not this injury BUT Kobe has gotten hurt 3 years in a row..

Well, I guess it is time to trade everyone but Randle. I say take the team apart (for the right pieces, of course).. I am fine with losing rest of the reason - we need that top 5 pick badly. I look at the long-term big picture here.. Kobe I believe should get his mins slashed to 25 MPG next year - 30 max on some nights.

As far as trade goes, I agree with ihatetimthomas. Lakers gotta try to hustle the blazers for that 1st rounder

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    I have a feeling Lin is on his way out of town...

He had every chance to do well, Nash out, Kobe in and out of rotation, starting role, off the bench etc etc etc... he just hasn't been so impressive in any spot that carrying that contract for another year is a viable situation...

Lin really had a great opportunity and sort of dropped the ball, not saying the conditions for him to thrive were ideal but still... he dropped the ball
    Ive had this feeling foe some time. Once he was benched I knew it was over for him in LA. He has been pretty inconsistent. He has trouble impacting the game if his offenses not flowing. He is turnover prone and not a great guy at initiating offense. He has had a great opportunity here and fell short.

But does anyone get the vibe Byron Scott just does not like the guy? He has had the shortest leash of any player. Scott has even publicly criticized him and indirectly called him soft. Scott never utilized Lin. He was trying to make Lin into something he is not. He wanted him to be the pg mold that he wants. But sometimes you need to work to players strength. Let lin do some pick and roll, he excels at that. Instead he made up his mind on what he wants from his pg but when you have not much talent, I think coach needs to adjust to players skillset at times. Im not saying a lot of his criticisms are not warranted bc they are, but I feel he took shots at him all season long.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Ive had this feeling foe some time. Once he was benched I knew it was over for him in LA. He has been pretty inconsistent. He has trouble impacting the game if his offenses not flowing. He is turnover prone and not a great guy at initiating offense. He has had a great opportunity here and fell short.

But does anyone get the vibe Byron Scott just does not like the guy? He has had the shortest leash of any player. Scott has even publicly criticized him and indirectly called him soft. Scott never utilized Lin. He was trying to make Lin into something he is not. He wanted him to be the pg mold that he wants. But sometimes you need to work to players strength. Let lin do some pick and roll, he excels at that. Instead he made up his mind on what he wants from his pg but when you have not much talent, I think coach needs to adjust to players skillset at times. Im not saying a lot of his criticisms are not warranted bc they are, but I feel he took shots at him all season long.
    Yes, I got that vibe. There were 3-4 times in Scott's combined coaching years from Nets to Cavs that his teams were awful on defense and yet I don't recall him publicly singling out his players for being poor on defense.
    Maybe, Byron was just spoiled on riding on the greatness of Kidd and CP3?
    I felt, Lin was not that awful, maybe bec I never considered him as a good PG so my expectations was low and yes I recognize that his defense is not good but Byron made it appear that Ronnie Price was so much better and it was not the case. Atleast Lin would average 11pts and 4.5 assists in limited minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Damn it. The problem here is not this injury BUT Kobe has gotten hurt 3 years in a row..

Well, I guess it is time to trade everyone but Randle. I say take the team apart (for the right pieces, of course).. I am fine with losing rest of the reason - we need that top 5 pick badly. I look at the long-term big picture here.. Kobe I believe should get his mins slashed to 25 MPG next year - 30 max on some nights.

As far as trade goes, I agree with ihatetimthomas. Lakers gotta try to hustle the blazers for that 1st rounder
    I would hate to get rid of players for the sake of just cleaning house.
    Ellington, Black, Davis, Johnson etc are decent players who are putting up decent numbers for a great bargain. You get that top 5 pick plus Randle and hopefully 2 very good FA's in the summer, then, I think it's a start.

Home of the 16

2000 era, in a loaded team, do you think prime Shawn Marion & Josh Smith will make a great team?

Marion at 3 & Josh at 4 down low in the post, I know there's a lot of cons with that, but what if that's the hand you were being dealt with? Just go along. lol

And switch it around on the defensive end. Josh will probably get abused in a weekly basis or the other way around if the team can up his D. That flexibility. I had high hopes for Josh, really.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    2000 era, in a loaded team, do you think prime Shawn Marion & Josh Smith will make a great team?

Marion at 3 & Josh at 4 down low in the post, I know there's a lot of cons with that, but what if that's the hand you were being dealt with? Just go along. lol

And switch it around on the defensive end. Josh will probably get abused in a weekly basis or the other way around if the team can up his D. That flexibility. I had high hopes for Josh, really.
    They for sure make a roster. I don't think that's a question. Especially Marion in his prime. Smith has been really disappointing the past few seasons though. He can still defend really well, but the rest of his game is just not there.

Detroit just lost Young Money for the season with an Achilles injury

Anyone think they would have any interest in Jeremy Lin for a second round pick? They won't give up any player of value to them, most likely.

They got Joel Anthony on an expiring (3.8m)
    Jonas Jerebko on an expiring (4.5) whom I really like, but I think Detroit likes him too.
    Anthony Tolliver on essentially an expiring (3m) with a team option next year

I think 2 of those 3 will match up w Lin's 8.3 mil cap charge. They would have to waive 1 guy on a 2 for 1 deal (they have 15 on the roster currently)

NBA lottery pick

I don't see them moving Jerebko or Tolliver right now. I don't think that any team has much interest in Lin. The Pistons have Augustin who has played pretty good. They also have the rookie Dinwiddie that they can now take a look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    Detroit just lost Young Money for the season with an Achilles injury

Anyone think they would have any interest in Jeremy Lin for a second round pick? They won't give up any player of value to them, most likely.

They got Joel Anthony on an expiring (3.8m)
    Jonas Jerebko on an expiring (4.5) whom I really like, but I think Detroit likes him too.
    Anthony Tolliver on essentially an expiring (3m) with a team option next year

I think 2 of those 3 will match up w Lin's 8.3 mil cap charge. They would have to waive 1 guy on a 2 for 1 deal (they have 15 on the roster currently)
    I like the idea. Expiring contracts are not as valuable a commodity as they used to be. So what the Lakers need to do is look for teams with needs. It's going along the same line as my idea for Hill to Portland with LA injured. The Pistons are 2 games out of the playoffs. They lost their starting pg for the year. Augustine has played decent but they do honestly need another legitimate pg if they want to make a big push. Lin provides that and he is low risk as he is expiring. I'd take a2nd rounder in a package of expiring deals for him. Lakers need to do everything in their power to acquire picks for guys who have no future on the team.