Thread: 2k14 Wishlist?

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Default 2k14 Wishlist?

Your wishlist for the fall installment's of all the 2K games

Default Re: 2k14 Wishlist?

Quote Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
    Your wishlist for the fall installment's of all the 2K games
    - fine-tune physics/make it smoother
    - add some depth to association mode, it's been pretty much the same thing for the past 3-4 years
    - more classic teams!!!

Banned

Bring back the d-league in association (maybe enhance it)
    fix the bugs with settings like play calling not saving/working/needing to be manually turn on all the time
    adjust the simulation engine to take into account your past performances, If i drop 40 points in 4 games in a row with me playing there's no reason the next 10 simmed games I should score under 5 points each game
    Fix the bugs that mess with your minutes for no reason
    bring back college hoops

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Bring back the d-league in association (maybe enhance it)
    fix the bugs with settings like play calling not saving/working/needing to be manually turn on all the time
    adjust the simulation engine to take into account your past performances, If i drop 40 points in 4 games in a row with me playing there's no reason the next 10 simmed games I should score under 5 points each game
    Fix the bugs that mess with your minutes for no reason
    bring back college hoops
    unfortunately EA Sports still has the license so this wont be possible.

CH2K8 one of the best hoops games ever, I still play that bad boy. Updated rosters and everything.

-Bring back trade block.
    -Give me something new in association. I don't care what it is as long as it's decent. Take into account how certain players have played. If they've been hot lately, make it easier to score. If cold, make it harder to get them out of a slump. Particularly for pure shooters like Korver, Ray Allen, Steph Curry, James Jones, Steve Novak etc etc.
    -I get why it got taken out, but i did like the d-league. bring that shit back.
    -Perhaps make a myplayer mode where you're already in the d-league and you're trying to make it back into the league? Or into the league for the first time.
    -Change some of the development drills. Some of them are ridiculously hard. (especially IMO the full court press)
    -On that note, maybe make it where if you get your drill perfect, you can get another hour of drills. Thus if you get at least 2 done perfectly, you can do something else.

That's all I got for now.

Banned

I'm gonna do a long rant on this later. But so far I agree with a lot of the stuff said in here.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    -Bring back trade block.
    -Give me something new in association. I don't care what it is as long as it's decent. Take into account how certain players have played. If they've been hot lately, make it easier to score. If cold, make it harder to get them out of a slump. Particularly for pure shooters like Korver, Ray Allen, Steph Curry, James Jones, Steve Novak etc etc.
    -Perhaps make a myplayer mode where you're already in the d-league and you're trying to make it back into the league? Or into the league for the first time.
    -Change some of the development drills. Some of them are ridiculously hard. (especially IMO the full court press)
    -On that note, maybe make it where if you get your drill perfect, you can get another hour of drills. Thus if you get at least 2 done perfectly, you can do something else.

That's all I got for now.
    I really like the idea for myplayer, it would be cool to see some themed options at the start to story line your career. Like you said can be a d-league guy trying to make the league, late draft pick, undrafted as opposed to always being a top 10 pick and dominating the league early on

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    unfortunately EA Sports still has the license so this wont be possible.

CH2K8 one of the best hoops games ever, I still play that bad boy. Updated rosters and everything.
    Is it on pc with the updated rosters? If I obtained a copy of CH2K8 is it from operation sports you get the roster?

stop the CPU cheese.
    stop the shot clock cheese.
    stop the CPU getting every offensive rebound even when i box them out.
    stop the heavy stamina drain that affects the attributes so heavily or tell the coach in mycareer to manage minutes more effectively instead of over playing big men.

Allow play calling from other positions in myplayer/career.
    Give back the option to max out your attributes by buying the max cap.

Give the abilities to perform specific dribble moves and post moves so that we won't see a point guard doing a sky hook or a big men like mcgee performing up and under moves that we would never see him do in real life (even if he had the potential).

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Is it on pc with the updated rosters? If I obtained a copy of CH2K8 is it from operation sports you get the roster?
    im not 100% sure but im pretty sure you can. You go on 2KShare for the rosters in features. If it's not there i'm pretty sure youll find it online somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    -Bring back trade block.
    Yes!

Disagree.

yeah they should and also make it more realistic. put some of the big D-League names in the game. they should have the rights to it anyway.

sounds good to me

Also, what I would like to add is that before you begin an association, you can choose whether you want to have your draft picks as usual (first and second round for each year) or if you want the realistic version. Let's say your team traded away it's first round pick, or is owned a pick from another team, I would like to have it like that in the game as well, for realism value. Now, you can't do that unless you have 30 team control and it's a lot of work. Also I would like for picks to be lottery protected. It could really be a lot more realistic. Also, in the headlines I would like some more rookie info, so you can prepare for the next year's draft.

they should make it so if you fall behind in the rotation or you get picked to a playoff team and are out of the rotation that you get assigned to the D-League. Happens a lot nowadays young players going to go play for a week and then coming back, would be really cool and another way to quickly raise your attributes without having to worry about getting only 5 touches a game sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    Also, what I would like to add is that before you begin an association, you can choose whether you want to have your draft picks as usual (first and second round for each year) or if you want the realistic version. Let's say your team traded away it's first round pick, or is owned a pick from another team, I would like to have it like that in the game as well, for realism value. Now, you can't do that unless you have 30 team control and it's a lot of work. Also I would like for picks to be lottery protected. It could really be a lot more realistic. Also, in the headlines I would like some more rookie info, so you can prepare for the next year's draft.
    agreed entirely, I still don't understand why they don't have the picks done that way anyways. it's not that hard to see the Bulls are getting a bobcats pick sooner or later.

My wishlist:

Churn out a carbon-copy for 2k14 with some meaningless, easy to produce new features.

Then focus all attention on NBA 2k15, which will realistically be the first NBA 2k developed for the new systems.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    Yes!

the best way to do that is to turn on trade override. trade away a meaningless 2nd round pick for the pick your team has IRL.

for instance, if you started a season with OKC and wanted Toronto's pick all you have to do is turn trade override on, propose a trade of your 2nd round pick of their first and force them to accept the trade.

Keeping the picks lottery protected is a different story..