Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Greece Is Coming To 2012 Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Williams cannot be considered the best player in Europe when he plays in the second level competition. Never has a Eurocup player been considered the best player in Europe. Williams will NOT be considered the best player in Europe next season, whether you like it or not.

Anthony Parker averaged more points in the NBA playoffs than he did in the Euroleague.

Anthony Parker is without question one of the greatest NBA players of all time.
    He could be playing in the european women's league for all it matters and he will still be considered the best player playing in europe. whether he faces europes top tier talent or not. LMAO at a top3 PG in the NBA not being the best player in europe

Quote Originally Posted by sagr32
    He could be playing in the european women's league for all it matters and he will still be considered the best player playing in europe. whether he faces europes top tier talent or not. LMAO at a top3 PG in the NBA not being the best player in europe
    He is NOT considered the top player in Europe. No one in Europe considers a Eurocup player the best player in Europe.

DEAL WITH IT.

He is NOT considered the top player in Europe. No one in Europe considers a Eurocup player the best player in Europe.

DEAL WITH IT.
    Explain to me how does it matter in what cup or league you play if you're the clear-cut best player? You are practically saying if he played in the Euroleague he wouldn't be the best player there, which is false.

Williams cannot be considered the best player in Europe when he plays in the second level competition. Never has a Eurocup player been considered the best player in Europe. Williams will NOT be considered the best player in Europe next season, whether you like it or not.

Anthony Parker averaged more points in the NBA playoffs than he did in the Euroleague.

Logic fail.

too bad they wont beat macedonia,lithuania,russia or puerto rico to make the olympics

McCalebb's asking price is $3 million per season. The same amount he makes in Siena.
    But a 3rd string PG in NBA don't get that contract for sure, that's my point.

About Deron Williams, FOR ME he's not the best player in Europe currently just because he didn't play a game in european system .. just that !
    What if he injured himself in his first game and his season is done? He's the best player in Europe without playing?

About Anthony Parker, i rest my case. I'm don't have aknowleadge to talk about top 10 ever in Euroleague, i just started watching in early 00'.

Deron Williams is a clear cut candidate for best player in Europe, but how can you give him the award when he's not gonna play against the best teams and players?
    Imagine this situation: the NBA teams only play against teams of their own division before the playoffs. Would you say a player averaging the best stats in the league in a shitty division is the best? I bet you'd like to see him against better teams, right?

Nobody is scared of Greece a certainly not a full strength US team

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Nobody is scared of Greece a certainly not a full strength US team
    IMO 2010 USA team > Any other national team in the world. Spain still wouldn't beat that team.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy3
    IMO 2010 USA team > Any other national team in the world. Spain still wouldn't beat that team.
    yup i agree

also i dont think a team full of international superstars can beat 2012 team usa

Get back to me when Anthony Parker wins back-to-back MVP's in the NBA, like he did in the Euroleague. The only player in Euroleague history to win back-to-back MVPs.

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

Eurobasket = hardest internation tournament?
    You just went full retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vienceslav
    Eurobasket = hardest internation tournament?
    You just went full retard.
    If he means the overall level is the best, he may be right. Obviously USA is the best team, and Argentina's great too, but there's a lot of teams from around the world that bring the level down.
    It's the same as in soccer, the European championship's got a better overall level, due to not having some Asian or African teams that aren't as good as some European or American teams that don't qualify.

But I really doubt this was what Lakas meant.