Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: ESPN Los Angeles : "Nobody wants to play with Kobe"

Kobe's "wanna be like Mike" routine has gotten really old. This guy goes so far out of his way to make sure nobody else on his team shines. Of course nobody want to play with him.

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    ITT: Kobe hater convention. Just need gengis and hank.

Kobe isn't the greatest teammate but he's not as bad as you make him out to be. Shaq left because LA had to decide whether to offer max to the best shooting guard in the game who happened to be 25, or the best centre in the game who is leaving his prime and is 32.

The reason why Kobe and Dwight never fully meshed is because Dwight felt entitled to be the number one option even though he was the 4th best offensive player on the team. Nash can make anyone good, Kobe is one of the best offensive players in the league and Pau has a great inside game.

Kobe had beef with Shaq and Malone. The Shaq issue was petty by both of them, but Malone was flirting with his wife. Do you expect him to allow it? What other high profile players has he had issues with? If Dwight didn't stagnate the offense and Pau could get deeper position, maybe he'd pass more. But 6apg isn't enough I guess.
    lol...guess Kobe couldn't take some of his own medicine, wasn't he cheating on his wife this whole time?

as for Dwight be the 4th best scoring option...you are looking at the game blindfolded, reason Dwight's offensive production was low was due to Kobe being reluctant to given up scoring opportunities to anyone but himself. Had Dwight been the go to guy throughout each game, Lakers would of been much better than what they were.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Is this really a surprise? Kobe doesn't make anyone better.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Remix
    I feel bad for Kobe. Dwight wants to be the main option and looks like a btch when he's going to be getting outplayed by a 35 year old Bryant. Can't blame Bryant though. Even at 35, there's only two or three other guys who are better first options than him.
    pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    lol...guess Kobe couldn't take some of his own medicine, wasn't he cheating on his wife this whole time?

as for Dwight be the 4th best scoring option...you are looking at the game blindfolded, reason Dwight's offensive production was low was due to Kobe being reluctant to given up scoring opportunities to anyone but himself. Had Dwight been the go to guy throughout each game, Lakers would of been much better than what they were.
    I'm not condoning cheating, but if your colleague was making advances on your wife even though she and his wife are friends, wouldn't you have something to say?

He was 4th best. I didn't say in terms of statistical production. If Dwight was the go-to guy, no-one else would have an offensive rhythm because he can't pass out of doubles. He would turn the ball over or get fouled. He posts up for the longest time to do one of two moves. If Pau was first option the Lakers would have done better because low post offense is his forte, and is one of the best passing bigs. Kobe passes to Pau when he has position because he knows how good he is.

Dwight left Orlando even though it was the best situation for him, being surrounded by shooters. This meant people weren't going to double him as there were 4 guys who could hit 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    i had to explain to you like a 4th grader because in a third world country like bulgaria english is a mystery so i thought you are a idiot that doesn't understands shit. and i was right. amazing you poor guys have internet. 2013 now go fukk your sister you moron.

Go back to school retard. Since when EU is 3rd world? Most likely my Internet connection is faster than yours,

According to Bloomberg we are ranked at #8 fastest internet connection in the world sucker. http://www.bloomberg.com/slideshow/2...et.html#slide4

Stfu and go **** your hand loser.
    Last edited by fiddy; 06-28-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    lol...you are looking at the game blindfolded

Dwight himself said he could have sat out the first half of the season because he was still hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Kobe failed to adapt to the times, that whole I am the boss alpha male bullshit don't work well with team chemistry and success in the playoffs. He shoulda learned from Lebron/Wade, gotta let go of your ego and team up with people, be friendly.

Kobe run Shaq out of town after the guy gifted him 3 Rings, his personality was tolerated by ***** Beta Pau Gasoft and resulted in 2 rings, but now with Superteams you need to recruit and try to get along with other big ego stars. Kobe failed to do that with Howard, got a career ending injury trying to do it all himself to prove some moot point to his doubters and will now simply be remembered as an egomaniac with trust issues.
    Sorry what you just wrote is utter bullsh.t and fodder for all these agenda Kobe hating clones. While it is true Kobe is a remnant of the past Jordan era...he recently won two titles in three straight final runs doing things his way.

This super team friend sh.t is for the birds. You kids now a days act like all pussfied if somebody need to put a foot in your a$$ to show you the way. That's what Bird did....magic....Malone....Jordan. Really f.ck this friend LeBron working out with Durant BS. You kids reflect LeBron's oh I can't win in Cleveland so I'll scheme my way to play with my friends in Miami BS!

**** the LeBron generation!!! You freaking kids act so entitled I wish I can smack all of you with nine inches of limp d.ck!
    Go back to your mamas crying that Kobe is a meany.
    You tight pants Capre wearing f.cks!!!!
    All of you are f.cking pu$$ys.
    Last edited by crisoner; 06-28-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Sorry what you just wrote is utter bullsh.t and fodder for all these agenda Kobe hating clones. While it is true Kobe is a remnant of the past Jordan era...he recently won two titles in three straight final runs doing things his way.

This super team friend sh.t is for the birds. You kids now a days act like all pussfied if somebody need to put a foot in your a$$ to show you the way. That's what Bird did....magic....Malone....Jordan. Really f.ck this friend LeBron working out with Durant BS. You kids reflect LeBron's oh I can't win in Cleveland so I'll scheme my way to play with my friends in Miami BS!

**** the LeBron generation!!! You freaking kids act so entitled I wish I can smack all of you with nine inches of limp d.ck!
    I honestly never see anyone get more noticeably upset over a basketball opinion on the internet than you. Calm the **** down, son.

haha. u mad.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    haha. u mad.
    Yes the ignorant arrogant response of today's b*tch made entitled LeBron generation pu$$ys. His entitled leaving for Wades team a$$ has created a breed of Capre wearing clones. Sign of the times right there.

Good High School Starter Nashty's Avatar

Nothing new here, I always knew that he is the worst teammate ever, and that team barely misses him when his injured because no one likes to play with him.

Shaq years(not counting first two Kobe's seasons because he wasn't a starter)

With Kobe: 285-126 (.693)
    Without Kobe: 33-16 (.673)

With Shaq: 292-110 (.726)
    Without Shaq: 26-32 (.448)

Middle 3 years

With Kobe: 112-111 (.502)
    Without Kobe: 9-14 (.391)

With Odom: 106-94 (.530)
    Without Odom: 15-31 (.326)

Gasol years

With Kobe: 308-147 (.677)
    Without Kobe: 14-7 (.667)

With Gasol: 257-112 (.696)
    Without Gasol: 35-26 (.574)

Not airballing my layups anymore Glass Ankles's Avatar

**** the LeBron generation!!!
    Wow calm down there grandpa, you might give yourself a heart attack.

What you fail to realize is that NBA is just an emotionless organization, when an owner trades a franchise player that stayed loyal to his team through the bad and the good, no one says anything. Pierce just got dumped after 15 years of service. It's just business. But when a player decides to make his own decisions in FREE AGENCY it's suddenly a crime against humanity and ultimate treachery. What exactly is wrong with giving yourself the best chance to win? Isn't that what Kobe was after when he demanded a trade when Lakers weren't contending? Oh wait let me guess that's different.

All these millionaire athletes already "made it", they couldn't give two shits about what the average fan considers honorable or "the right way" when it's just a bunch of men bouncing a ball around a court for our entertainment. If you want to win, you take it into your hands not sit on your ass while a front office that may be mentally challenged is making all the wrong moves or no moves at all.

It's time for you to come out of the dark ages and accept the fact that colleagues don't have to be enemies to compete fiercely in the playoffs. Didn't you see Spurs/Heat this year? Neither team ever trash talked or disrespected each other, yet we saw the most competitive and entertaining Finals in a decade. That "buddy buddy shit" is called mutual respect and admiration for talent and skill, something Kobe never quite learned. He always had to be the center of attention and "The Man", he always had to prove to everyone SOMETHING. That just screams childhood insecurity and self esteem issues. If you actually read and research what Shaq and Kobe' Laker teammates have to say about how he behaved during those years you would actually realize why he is in his current position. Kobe was always a distant loner that didn't like being "buddy buddy". There is nothing wrong communicating and socializing with your fellow ballers, you don't have to be a dick like Jordan to everyone to be considered a great player. That's what Kobe never understood, in his mind he has to emulate EVERYTHING about Jordan, even down to the dickhead attitude and personality.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    haha. u mad.
    we're all mad

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Ankles
    It's time for you to come out of the dark ages and accept the fact that colleagues don't have to be enemies to compete fiercely in the playoffs. Didn't you see Spurs/Heat this year? Neither team ever trash talked or disrespected each other, yet we saw the most competitive and entertaining Finals in a decade. That "buddy buddy shit" is called mutual respect and admiration for talent and skill, something Kobe never quite learned. He always had to be the center of attention and "The Man", he always had to prove to everyone SOMETHING. That just screams childhood insecurity and self esteem issues. If you actually read and research what Shaq and Kobe' Laker teammates have to say about how he behaved during those years you would actually realize why he is in his current position. Kobe was always a distant loner that didn't like being "buddy buddy". There is nothing wrong communicating and socializing with your fellow ballers, you don't have to be a dick like Jordan to everyone to be considered a great player. That's what Kobe never understood, in his mind he has to emulate EVERYTHING about Jordan, even down to the dickhead attitude and personality.
    Ultimately both ways worked. Kobe's approach got him five rings and LeBron has two and counting.