Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: Pistons Pick Up a 2nd Round Sleeper: Literally (narcolepsy)

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    He has Lamar Odom handles, and range all the way out to the NBA 3. He is a bigger, stronger, more advanced Anthony Randolph. He has a back to the basket game. Joey D is gonna piss everyone off again next year when he scoops up Lester Hudson, Ronald Steele, Alonzo Gee, Chris Johnson, or Charles Rhodes late in the first.
    is that a good thing?

he can only go one way?

Local High School Star

Yup, Dumars is playing Sharpe at the 3. Interesting. I've been reading that his game is like Lamar Odom's. If he turns into something special, I never ever want o hear anyone ripping Dumars. Those that do are idiots anyways.

And watch out for Plaisted too. He'll be in Europe next season, but he'll probably kick a$$ and become a big trade chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    is that a good thing?

he can only go one way?
    For a guy his height his handles are crazy, they are more compact than Lamar's. He can go left and right. His pull up J will be where he makes his money. He needs to improve at the stripe he left a lot of cake on the counter there.

Quote Originally Posted by KempSonics
    Yup, Dumars is playing Sharpe at the 3. Interesting. I've been reading that his game is like Lamar Odom's. If he turns into something special, I never ever want o hear anyone ripping Dumars. Those that do are idiots anyways.

And watch out for Plaisted too
    . He'll be in Europe next season, but he'll probably kick a$$ and become a big trade chip.
    A year getting stronger is gonna be great for him. Take it from yo whoa Dasher if he can get stronger and maintain his purported 4.6 40 speed he could be great in a run n gun offense.

Local High School Star

Dasher, had Sharpe played at a bigger school and played a full season, where would he be drafted in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by KempSonics
    Dasher, had Sharpe played at a bigger school and played a full season, where would he be drafted in your opinion?
    Potential spots:

15 to the Suns:Replacement for Grant Hill

19 to Cleveland:A dynamic player who could spell LeBron

20 to the Bobcats:Adds size and skill to the wing.

28 to Memphis:Would be great in Iavorroni's system.

29 to Detroit: They wanted him anyway.

30 to Boston: Could add some oomph to their aging bench.

Well, we'll get to see sharpe in action in a couple of weeks (summer league). I hope he's as good as Dumars hopes he is.

If he can back Prince up...plus play power forward in a pinch, that would be great. The fact that Prince can play point in a pinch is nice too...(just in case we get rid of Billups) and someone has a little injury, from game to game.

We have had to use Prince at point a few times in the past...and he did an ok job.

Just thinking what if

Banned

I think its interesting the run and gun direction we seem to be headed. Excited to see Maxiell, Amir, Stuckey, Aflallo play this style more because they all seem well suited for it. Curry did make it clear he won't be banking on a particular playing style, just going to use what brings the best out of the players on the floor. Oh, and I forgot Walter Herrman, who is rumored to have a good chance of coming back to Detroit.

To clarify, Dumars is a class act and did not draft players who wouldn't be willing to play in Europe, because he didn't anticipate a high probability of an open roster spot for them. Thats why we passed on CDR and Walker.

Banned

I think its interesting the run and gun direction we seem to be headed. Excited to see Maxiell, Amir, Stuckey, Aflallo play this style more because they all seem well suited for it. Curry did make it clear he won't be banking on a particular playing style, just going to use what brings the best out of the players on the floor. Oh, and I forgot Walter Herrman, who is rumored to have a good chance of coming back to Detroit.

To clarify, Dumars is a class act and did not draft players who wouldn't be willing to play in Europe, because he didn't anticipate a high probability of an open roster spot for them. Thats why we passed on CDR and Walker.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces

That being said, considering Sharpe wasn't even in the media guide, it seems like he could have signed him as an undrafted free agent and taken CDR and Bill Walker with his first two picks, which would have been a better move.
    supposedly some teams were trying to trade up to get him in the 2nd round so joe nabbed him when he could. I am a little disappointed with our pick at 46. really? Trent plastered.

Good High School Starter

I really like what the Pistons did. They didn't get a superstar, or probably even a starter. What they did do was pick up a few guys that can play a couple different positions (Sharpe SF/PF/SG, Plaisted C/PF, and Washington SG/SF). I think this is a big draft for them because with potential moves in the near future (I don't follow rumors that closely, but I know I have heard Wallace to the Rockets and a Billups trade to get Stuckey in the starting lineup) guys like Stuckey, Maxiel, Johnson, Afflalo, and Hayes may be asked to step up in the rotation meaning they need some guys to fill in behind them. I think this a great draft because the Pistons weren't going to get a star that late anyway, so why not get a couple guys who could be 8th to 12th men?

And I don't understand why teams are attacking Dumars because about 10 of the GM's in the 2nd round took international players (or college players born outside of the US) for the same reason that the Pistons got the guys they did. I think Dumars actually may have been smarter because the D-League is there for a reason and Dumars won't have to send those guys overseas where he can't really control how they develop. You can bet if they are in the D-League he has his people working with them all the time.
    Last edited by monthh; 07-02-2008 at 02:17 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by monthh
    I really like what the Pistons did. They didn't get a superstar, or probably even a starter. What they did do was pick up a few guys that can play a couple different positions (Sharpe SF/PF/SG, Plaisted C/PF, and Washington SG/SF). I think this is a big draft for them because with potential moves in the near future (I don't follow rumors that closely, but I know I have heard Wallace to the Rockets and a Billups trade to get Stuckey in the starting lineup) guys like Stuckey, Maxiel, Johnson, Afflalo, and Hayes may be asked to step up in the rotation meaning they need some guys to fill in behind them. I think this a great draft because the Pistons weren't going to get a star that late anyway, so why not get a couple guys who could be 8th to 12th men?

And I don't understand why teams are attacking Dumars because about 10 of the GM's in the 2nd round took international players (or college players born outside of the US) for the same reason that the Pistons got the guys they did. I think Dumars actually may have been smarter because the D-League is there for a reason and Dumars won't have to send those guys overseas where he can't really control how they develop. You can bet if they are in the D-League he has his people working with them all the time.
    Dumars has done a good job of using the D-League so far. Probably better than any other GM. Maxiell, Amir, and Cheik Samb all have improved from the gametime experience as opposed to warming the bench and just watching/practicing.

I think the DLeague is preferable to stashing players in Europe because the team has more influence over staffing their DL team and less of a chance that a European team will pay to keep your guy.
    Last edited by final.wrath; 07-02-2008 at 05:10 AM.

Good High School Starter

Plus in Europe they may not get any time. I don't follow the D-League much, but I would assume that everyone gets some time and draft picks are probably among the best players so they get a good amount of time. In Europe you may be playing with some established vets that are better right now and understand the European game better, and get starters minutes while the draft pick sits the bench.

Greatest Of All Time Baller1986's Avatar

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball...in-parking-lot

Globalport import Walter Sharpe is pictured by bystanders asleep in a parking lot infront of a row of bars along Julia Vargas in Pasig City early Monday morning.

I usually hit open layups went_worth's Avatar

Dude scored 2 points in his last game.

Got drunk due to his frustrations and got caught sleeping in the parking lot. LOL.