Default Re: We're back boys!

lol still a couple few years away... long long ways to go

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    lol still a couple few years away... long long ways to go
    just let me enjoy the moment will ya

You guys like okafor at #2? Going to be tough to pass up on a skilled big man like him but a guy like mudiay or Russell could be stars. Who they get will really dictate who they go for this off season

Decent college freshman LA.MJ&KB#1's Avatar

it's going to be hard to pass up on a BIG.

shhhhhhh

Depends on Minnesota.. if they take Okafor you have to take Towns you have to have to have to... if Minne takes Towns I'm not opposed to Mudiay or Okafor

Games changed and another talented 6-5 guard wouldn't be a bad thing

We also don't know what the lakers are thinking for the FA class... they could go after jimmy butler with one of those toxic contracts that the Bulls would be hesitant to match
    Last edited by gts; 05-19-2015 at 11:33 PM.

I think there is more to gain from drafting Russell than okafor or townes. Game is much more guard oriented than any other position today. Russell reminds me of steph curry or Brandon roy.

Remember Russell can play both guard positions and shoot lights out which is scary. With kobe on his way out of the door we can use a dual guard hybrid system with both Russell shooting lights out and of course Jordan Clarkson. Both can play and defend both positions.

Game has changed where you no longer need a center to win a championship. Plus we have julius randle at PF for post plays. Randle has chance to become an elite rebounder like charles barkley. All we would need to do is team up randle with one guy to help him out in the post on the defensive end. Does not need to be an elite center.

I say you go with Russell even if townes or okafor are available. don't we also have another later first round pick? Idk what the draft depth is like at center. We don't need the best center like we need the best pg to throw against other elite pgs. There are what? 3 elite centers in the league versus 10 elite pgs
    Last edited by bladefd; 05-20-2015 at 04:08 AM.

Cali Love

Russell will be a star in this league and maybe MVP somewhere down the line. He's got the handles, the NBA level court awareness and can flat out shoot... His game reminds me of Roy as in very hard to stop when he has that jumpshot going along with his passing ability...he's got the ''it'' factor imho. He's better than what Curry, Harden and Westbrook were in college believe that.

But when I look at Okafor all I see is potential BUST...piss poor FT shooting, slow af on D, can't defend the PnR, nothing special in his midrange game and is a bit undersized to play the 5 (he's 6'9)...also he gets pushed out of the block a lot and he averaged like 6 rebounds in the tournament?

he does have great hands tho and def got some skills on the low block but I dunno he looks soft and goofy. Could be another Ed Curry.

Also pairing up Randle with Okafor spells trouble on defense so I wouldn't be surprised if we are back in the lottery next year if we do go his direction.

Towns will probably be picked #1 too much upside to let him slide.

All in all I think whoever the Lakers FO pick will be a solid player...I trust the scouting department they got us Clarkson last year.

yeah it all depends on minny picks..i'm not passing on either okafor or towns. who knows we might be able to sign KD next year

I don't get picked last at the park anymore KB24's Avatar

Finally things are back to normal! Lakers get some luck and Clips choke.

On another note, on Mason & Ireland, Ireland keeps suggesting we trade the #2 pick for Cousins, sign Love and keep Lin and we become instant contenders. Any thoughts? Boogie / Love / Randell / Kobe / Clarkson & Lin

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

One step at a time.

Big thing about this pick is it opens up unlimited options. We now have a real valuable asset that can be used in draft or trade. Lakers front office has their work cut out for them this offseason. It will be the first time they have assets and options in a long time. This is going to be a big off season that will dictate lakers future

Quote Originally Posted by brownmamba00
    But when I look at Okafor all I see is potential BUST...piss poor FT shooting, slow af on D, can't defend the PnR, nothing special in his midrange game and is a bit undersized to play the 5 (he's 6'9)...also he gets pushed out of the block a lot and he averaged like 6 rebounds in the tournament?

he does have great hands tho and def got some skills on the low block but I dunno he looks soft and goofy. Could be another Ed Curry.

Also pairing up Randle with Okafor spells trouble on defense so I wouldn't be surprised if we are back in the lottery next year if we do go his direction.
    I think you're right about Okafor. I was not impressed by him when I watched him in March Madness when so much was on the line. What I do NOT understand is that he was bigger, stronger & taller than everyone out there during March, and he essentially was shut down offensively. Defensively, his game is bit limited because he lacks athleticism, and is not quick.

He and Randle will get in each other's way on both ends of the field. Just look at how well Zbo/Marc Gasol works together because they complement each other well. Look at Pau/Bynum.. It just worked because they complement each other well. Okafor/Randle have very similar strengths & weaknesses - they don't complement each other well.

Please Lakers, don't draft Okafor.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Please Minny, draft Okafor.
    ftfy

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson
    just let me enjoy the moment will ya