Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron James right now is the best player of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Some may point out Lebron entered the league at 19 while Jordan did so at 21 and therefore Lebron has an extra two years so comparing them at age 27 is unfair. I disagree. First, the extra two years only help Lebron in terms of career statistical totals. It doesn't help him in terms of accolades. All he did in his first two seasons was make the all-NBA second team once.
    Of course you would disagree. If you compare the two after their 9 seasons in the pros Lebron doesn't really have a case. In the 10th season, one is trying to defend his first ring while the other was already retired as the best player of all time with nothing to challenge himself with.

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    This is your brain.

This is your brain on basketball knowledge.

Scoring: MJ
    Penetration: MJ
    Jumpshot: MJ
    Open-court: Push
    Finishing: Push
    Offensive repertoire: MJ
    Passing: LJ
    Rebounding: LJ
    Offensive rebounding: MJ
    Defensive rebounding: LJ
    Defense: MJ
    On-ball defense (perimeter): MJ
    On-ball defense (post): MJ
    Off-ball defense: MJ
    Team defense: LJ
    Steals: MJ
    Blocks: MJ
    Shooting: MJ
    Mid-range: MJ
    Three-point: LJ
    Free-throws: MJ
    Handles: MJ
    Efficiency: Push
    Clutch: MJ
    Mental game: MJ
    B-ball I.Q.: Push
    Better teammate: LJ
    Leadership: MJ

Any questions?
    Too bad that's not how we judge players and Lebron is better in the open court.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Oh look, it's the Jordan hater Roundball Rock - say hi, everyone!

lol @ comparing them by age when Lebron has had 3 more seasons than MJ to accomplish what he did through the same age. 2 years plus the basically full season MJ missed in '86.

And, you know, get acclimated to playing at the NBA level.
    So you're blaming Lebron for longevity and the fact he was good enough to play in the NBA at a younger age? If anything its a positive. Bron is more accomplished at a younger age.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    So you're blaming Lebron for longevity and the fact he was good enough to play in the NBA at a younger age? If anything its a positive. Bron is more accomplished at a younger age.
    He also has way more failures and instances of poor/sub-par play than Jordan had, especially in the playoffs.

I'm not blaming him for anything, only noting that comparing players by age when one had 2-3 more years to amass accomplishments is disingenuous.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

He also has way more failures and instances of poor/sub-par play than Jordan had, especially in the playoffs.

I'm not blaming him for anything, only noting that comparing players by age when one had 2-3 more years to amass accomplishments is disingenuous.
    that word is too big for ish

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    Too bad that's not how we judge players and Lebron is better in the open court.
    Maybe its just me ...

But, when it comes to these players - guys who provide similar and/or equal impact to their teams' success, breaking down their skill-set is an acceptable way to rank (and "judge") them.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Maybe its just me ...

But, when it comes to these players - guys who provide similar and/or equal impact to their teams' success, breaking down their skill-set is an acceptable way to rank (and "judge") them.
    To me it seems stupid. The difference between them in so many of these categories are hair thin. Lebron has been playing amazing defense the past 5 years or so and the past so just saying " Defense: MJ" doesn't mean jack shit.

It doesn't show the whole picutre, plus it goes too far into irrelevant categories. Free throw shooting? Seriously.

Like would a Lebron fan, not troll but fan, use ft shooting as evidence to why Lebron's career is on the same level or greater than Shaq's?

No.

We all know Jordan's career is better at the moment. As players, they are completely different but can you say that Jordan impacts the game on a different level than Lebron?

That's the question here.
    Last edited by Just2McFly; 01-26-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    LOL @ this. If OKC won the title last year, he wouldn't Ben be considered the best player in the league, Durant would be.
    If the Jazz beat the Bulls in '98, Michael wouldn't have been as great as we all know he is.

If LAL beat the Celtics in '08, the Lakers would have 17 banners and Celts would have 16; plus, the Big 3 would've been a failed project.

If David Robinson didn't score 70+ pts against the Clippers, Shaq would have won that scoring title.

If ... Blah, blah. I can't believe anyone would argue a point by using a "if this happened, that wouldn't have happened" statement. So retarded.

And for the record, I'm not defending the OP. I think LBJ is the best currently, but all-time? Not even close.

Once again you're counting his finals appearance with San Antonio as a negative when the fact is, his team was no where near good enough and shouldn't have been there in the first place.
    You don't make the finals due to poor play, and Lebron has already been in 3 of them. That is a positive, and always will be one. If Lebron goes on to win the same amount of championships as MJ, how in the world can we consider MJ the more successful one when he hasn't reached the finals as many times, and instead failed earlier?

NBA rookie of the year

Once again you're counting his finals appearance with San Antonio as a negative when the fact is, his team was no where near good enough and shouldn't have been there in the first place.
    Yes, I do count instances of poor play as...instances of poor play. It's calling a spade a spade. It was great that he reached the Finals, but to lay an egg the way he did in that and other series is something you never saw from Jordan pre-retirement. period.

Come on...LeBron's had to beat like 2 legit teams in to get to those 3 Finals from the Leastern Conference...and 2 of those runs came with a "super team"

Yes, I do count instances of poor play as...instances of poor play. It's calling a spade a spade. It was great that he reached the Finals, but to lay an egg the way he did in that and other series is something you never saw from Jordan pre-retirement. period.
    LOL at Jordan not having poor series'.

Much of what are considered poor series for Lebron, due to how certain things played out, happened the same for Jordan. I know for a fact earlier in Jordan's career he had multiple close out games where he played terribly, much like what Lebron is criticized for.
    Last edited by plowking; 01-26-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    To me it seems stupid. The difference between them in so many of these categories are hair thin. Lebron has been playing amazing defense the past 5 years or so and the past so just saying " Defense: MJ" doesn't mean jack shit.

It doesn't show the whole picutre, plus it goes too far into irrelevant categories. Free throw shooting? Seriously.

Like would a Lebron fan, not troll but fan, use ft shooting as evidence to why Lebron's career is on the same level or greater than Shaq's?

No.

We all know Jordan's career is better at the moment. As players, they are completely different but can you say that Jordan impacts the game on a different level than Lebron?

That's the question here.
    To each his own I guess.

I know if I had to choose between a set of players (Lebron/Shaq/MJ for instance), guys who I'd want to start a team with, Shaq's FT shooting WOULD be a knock on him; something I WOULD need to evaluate when starting said franchise.

No one sane would debate their careers, as players, in their primes, Lebron's impact is definitely up there w/ Jordan's. Definitely in the same tier.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

LOL at Jordan not having poor series'.

Much of what are considered poor series for Lebron, due to how certain things played out, happened the same for Jordan. I know for a fact earlier in Jordan's career he had multiple close out games where he played terribly, much like what Lebron is criticized for.
    jordan choked for years. it wasn't just his teams.

Very good NBA starter

whenever you compare any player to MJ, you can only do it by comparing results.

6 rings, two 3-peats, 10 scoring titles, DPOY.

is lebron (or anyone) even close to this resume??