Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

Default Re: Russell Westbrook

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Paul has better teammates. Besides Durant/Westbrook, who do teams have to fear in the playoffs? Perkins? Ibaka? Thabo? Martin?

You obviously haven't watched lot of OKC games if you think Thabo is so good. How about you take him for Bradley?
    Hmm who exactly does Paul have who steps up in the playoffs? He basically has to carry their offense all the time

Westbrook's supporting cast >>> Paul's and it's not even close.

Bradley for Thabo? I am in if we are allowed to swap Jeff Green for Kevin Durant!

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Darren Collison? DJ Augustine,Jameer Nelson and Andre Miller they say seems to be unhappy being a back up for Denver

I have no more respect for Jameer so I wouldn't look at him. Andre Miller can be perfect anywhere. But I can't see Denver doing anything like that.

Augstine could be worth a shot, but it's a risk. Darren Collison played with Westbrook at UCLA, but he sometimes gets way too ahead of himself. But I think he could work because he is a PG. And he can shoot.

For the most part, I think it's too much of a risk to bring in someone like Nelson or Augustine, because it could upset Westbrook. It's not like if you got Rondo. His whining wouldn't be acceptable then. But, due to play style and due, mostly, to their previous partnership at UCLA, I do think Collison could be a great pickup. It can't happen this season tho. It's gonna have to be in the Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Pride
    Defending Kobe? Defending Paul?

If Brooks didn't make that change of Thabo guarding Parker from Game 3, no way they would have beaten the Spurs.

Westbrook cannot guard Kobe/Paul/Parker 1 on 1 despite his athleticism and if they can't control them, OKC ain't getting to the Finals!

I get that, but he's not a good offensive fit. And I actually think Westbrook could handle himself as a man defender and defend any guard. I'd rather get a slight defensive downgrade in Thabo's place, assuming it's an actual PG. Afflalo is not a good fit, I don't think...he's also not a better defender than Thabo (I know it wasn't you who said that).

Hmm who exactly does Paul have who steps up in the playoffs? He basically has to carry their offense all the time

Westbrook's supporting cast >>> Paul's and it's not even close.

Bradley for Thabo? I am in if we are allowed to swap Jeff Green for Kevin Durant!
    Paul>Westbrook
    Griffin>>>Ibaka
    DJ>>>>>Perkins
    Crawford>Martin
    Butler/Barnes/Hill>Thabo/Liggins
    Bledsoe>any OKC backup PG
    Odom>any OKC backup PF
    Turiaf/Hollins>Thabeet

Westbrook has Durant, Paul has advantages everywhere else. You are on crack if you think Westbrook has a better supporting CAST, supporting PLAYER maybe, but not a ****in CAST. Most would agree.

How about you take back Perkins along with Ibaka, Martin and Thabo and give us KG, Lee, Green, Bradley. OKC has an amazing supporting cast afterall.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Paul>Westbrook
    Griffin>>>Ibaka
    DJ>>>>>Perkins
    Crawford>Martin
    Odom>any OKC backup PF
    Turiaf/Hollins>Thabeet

Westbrook has Durant, Paul has advantages everywhere else. You are on crack if you think Westbrook has a better supporting CAST, supporting PLAYER maybe, but not a ****in CAST. Most would agree.

How about you take back Perkins along with Ibaka, Martin and Thabo and give us KG, Lee, Green, Bradley. OKC has an amazing supporting cast afterall.
    Really you didn't even post Durant, he is a top 2 player in the NBA. It's like LeBron you would take him alone over multiple players. But we can agree to disagree, atleast you are using some logical points and not resorting to personal attacks....

Would be more like this IMO
    CP3 >> Westbrook
    Griffin <<<<< Durant
    DJ <<< Ibaka
    Crawford=Martin
    Odom>any OKC backup PF
    Turiaf/Hollins=Thabeet
    Last edited by brandonislegend; 02-15-2013 at 01:50 AM.

Paul>Westbrook
    Griffin>>>Ibaka
    DJ>>>>>Perkins
    Crawford>Martin
    Odom>any OKC backup PF
    Turiaf/Hollins>Thabeet

You are a fool if you think Paul has better supporting cast than Westbrook. Give Durant, 2 good shooters in Ibaka and Martin to Paul and he will be unstoppable and OKC will be obvious favorites to win it all.

The biggest difference between the 2 is when an offense stagnates, Paul knows what to do and will make something outta nothing. Westbrook on the other hand....

Give Durant to Celtics and you can take all 13 players. That's how good Durant is!

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Odom>any OKC backup PF
    Imo this season Collison > Odom

Odom has been awful this year

Would be more like this IMO
    CP3 >> Westbrook
    Griffin <<<<< Durant
    DJ <<< Ibaka
    Crawford=Martin
    Odom>any OKC backup PF
    Turiaf/Hollins=Thabeet
    This is way better than what he did..

More importantly, Brooks >> Vinnie!

Really you didn't even post Durant, he is a top 2 player in the NBA. It's like LeBron you would take him alone over multiple players. But we can agree to disagree, atleast you are using some logical points and not resorting to personal attacks....
    Yea, while I kinda hate you, you can be reasonable when you want to.

Though why do you troll Westbrook so hard, I remember before you said he is a great player that should just play SG. But you accepted the fact that OKC's lack of ball handlers puts him in that position. Afterall Durant is even worse than Westbrook when he tries to go Lebron and play PG.

Yea, while I kinda hate you, you can be reasonable when you want to.

Though why do you troll Westbrook so hard, I remember before you said he is a great player that should just play SG. But you accepted the fact that OKC's lack of ball handlers puts him in that position. Afterall Durant is even worse than Westbrook when he tries to go Lebron and play PG.
    He would be decent as a SG, the thing is with his EGO he would never let it happen, that even YOU have to admit. That is the problem right there.

And I agree with the Durant part.

Give Durant to Celtics and you can take all 13 players. That's how good Durant is!
    You say that after Durant got so exposed today?

He is not THAT good. He is an amazing scorer, that's it. And the ref help can't be ignored either, even I can't act like it's not true.

Durant isn't a good defender, or rebounder for his size, or a passer/playmaker. His deficiencies may not be exposed vs West teams that play crappy defense. But vs East and especially against Miami you see what Durant brings to the table, just scoring. Can't believe you would trade KG, Rondo, Pierce for Durant. The same group of guys that gave Heat a tougher series and fought hard. All for the guy that was completely exposed in the Finals by the same team as just a one-dimensional scorer.

You say that after Durant got so exposed today?

He is not THAT good. He is an amazing scorer, that's it. And the ref help can't be ignored either, even I can't act like it's not true.

Durant isn't a good defender, or rebounder for his size, or a passer/playmaker. His deficiencies may not be exposed vs West teams that play crappy defense. But vs East and especially against Miami you see what Durant brings to the table, just scoring. Can't believe you would trade KG, Rondo, Pierce for Durant. The same group of guys that gave Heat a tougher series and fought hard. All for the guy that was completely exposed in the Finals by the same team as just a one-dimensional scorer.
    He is averaging 51% FG, 90% FT, 2 three pointers made, 29 points, 8 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 1.6 steals, 1.2 blocks on the season man, that is impressive. Top 2 player right now regardless of shitty game today.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    OKC will NEVER win it all with Westbrook. Abysmall IQ, moves 10x faster than he thinks.
    Verbatim the truth.

He's dumb as hell. Can't think the game out at all, which is a necessity for a PG. A innate feel for the game, understanding the ebb and flow.

When to take shots, when to distribute, who has it going and when to get them the ball. BE COACHABLE. All things Westbrook is not. His redeeming qualities of athleticism, durability, and streak scoring do not justify all his glaring flaws.

A volume scoring SG who can't shoot, playing PG ... sounds like a GREAT idea.

All that and he has some kind of awkward ghetto social disorder, gets mad and is a pissy little spaz of a teammate, and let's his emotions control him like a female. Plus, his fashion sense is horrendous.

UrkelBrook gonna Urkel.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Verbatim the truth.

He's dumb as hell. Can't think the game out at all, which is a necessity for a PG. A innate feel for the game, understanding the ebb and flow.

When to take shots, when to distribute, who has it going and when to get them the ball. BE COACHABLE. All things Westbrook is not. His redeeming qualities of athleticism, durability, and streak scoring do not justify all his glaring flaws.

A volume scoring SG who can't shoot, playing PG ... sounds like a GREAT idea.

All that and he has some kind of awkward ghetto social disorder, gets mad and is a pissy little spaz of a teammate, and let's his emotions control him like a female. Plus, his fashion sense is horrendous.

UrkelBrook gonna Urkel.
    YP

goatbrook still on their minds