Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Video: Rose is ready.

I doubt he plays this year.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    I doubt he plays this year.
    I wish he would, but I'm with you in believing he won't.

I'm really starting to question this kid's heart, toughness, and competitive spirit.

I'm all for returning when your body is ready. For the softer mental person they need to be re-assured mentally, but you don't get that until you actually go out there in serious competition.

And even then, you still won't be 100 percent for awhile, but it's the necessary step to get back on top of your game.

MJ was itching to get back after his broken foot. Obviously an injury not near as bad as an ACL tear (thanks Adidas !!!) ... but you couldn't keep him off the court. He was playing before being authorized by doctors. Schooling college kids at UNC getting back in shape.

The will to play and compete was too strong to deny. Even bodily harm was disregarded. THAT'S a warrior.

Hell, I fractured my ankle in 2010, I tried playing on it in competition just a few weeks after a some therapy sessions thinking I could give it a go, because I didn't want to stop playing. I couldn't even move laterally, but I was trying and itching to get back there.

I'm feeling like Rose doesn't have this in him. And it's becoming alarming.

He's mentally scarred & I understand that but at this point its pretty silly to still not be playing.

he is scared mentally. physically he looks fine. but he knows he's just going to get humiliated by lebron again like in the 2011 ecf.

if rose had westbrook's courage he would be great but he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Playmaker
    if rose had westbrook's courage he would be great but he doesn't.
    If Westbrook has Rose's basketball intelligence, humble-ness, coach ability, feel for the game ...

He'd be an actual PG, and OKC could legitimately beat the Heat. But neither case is true, so it's whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    If Westbrook has Rose's basketball intelligence, humble-ness, coach ability, feel for the game ...

He'd be an actual PG, and OKC could legitimately beat the Heat. But neither case is true, so it's whatever.
    westbrook is not the reason why they can't beat the heat. okc can't beat the heat cause the heat are just a better version of them and also because scott brooks is a dumbass. if you are going to be less talented than the other team then you better outcoach them. the thunder are less talented and have an even worse coach and that just spells disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by The Playmaker
    westbrook is not the reason why they can't beat the heat. okc can't beat the heat cause the heat are just a better version of them and also because scott brooks is a dumbass. if you are going to be less talented than the other team then you better outcoach them. the thunder are less talented and have an even worse coach and that just spells disaster.
    Basically this. Money stop acting like Rose/Paul would put OKC over Miami when their biggest threats are Lebron/Bosh. And for that you need Tyson Chandler/Noah+Marion/Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Basically this. Money stop acting like Rose/Paul would put OKC over Miami when their biggest threats are Lebron/Bosh. And for that you need Tyson Chandler/Noah+Marion/Prince.
    Rose and Paul both would be better fits for the OKC team. Stop acting like Westbrook is some transcendent talent that makes OKC the team they are ...

His binges win them games and lose them games. His feel for the game and intangibles are the reason he's not as great as pre injury Derrick Rose. Paul specifically would get so much more out of not only Durant, but the bigs on that team as well.

They need a coach on the floor, someone to control the games, pace, and tempo. Westbrook isn't that guy. Put Westbrook at the SG spot, and let him be the over emotional female he is ... and get a level headed quarterback of the team at PG and OKC becomes legit.

So, I take it you have ditched the Rose bandwagon, and are now glued to the Westbrook bandwagon? lol ...

Its too late for a return. He needs to just prepare himself for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Rose and Paul both would be better fits for the OKC team. Stop acting like Westbrook is some transcendent talent that makes OKC the team they are ...

His binges win them games and lose them games. His feel for the game and intangibles are the reason he's not as great as pre injury Derrick Rose. Paul specifically would get so much more out of not only Durant, but the bigs on that team as well.

They need a coach on the floor, someone to control the games, pace, and tempo. Westbrook isn't that guy. Put Westbrook at the SG spot, and let him be the over emotional female he is ... and get a level headed quarterback of the team at PG and OKC becomes legit.

So, I take it you have ditched the Rose bandwagon, and are now glued to the Westbrook bandwagon? lol ...

Yes, perfect logic. Because Paul is making so much better use of Blake Grififn and Deandre Jordan , he will make Perkins and Ibaka into superstars and magically help them convert on wide open layups.

And what is he gonna do with Durant? Pass to him for contested jumpers without breaking down the defense like he does with Clippers shooters? You are one of those guys that thinks Paul will help Durant average 40PPG? Your imaginary scenarios aren't based in reality in the slightest, Paul's passive attitude will do nothing but hurt the team while the opposing defense gets set and stops anything he tries to do due to his lack of speed, athleticism and penetration ability. Rose would make the team better, but not freaking Paul, especially not post injury.

Apparently Westbrook's binges are good enough to win them 55+ game every year, a fact you always avoid.

I am just gonna ignore anything you spew about OKC, since you clearly have no idea wtf you are talking about nor do you even watch OKC games.

I still watch most Bulls games and follow the team, Rose needs to play for me to be on his "bandwagon", hard to talk about a player when he hasn't been on the court for over a year. Next season I guess.
    Last edited by Graviton; 04-10-2013 at 01:29 AM.

I like how people act like coaches have no jobs. they aren't just there to get front row seats in game. it's their duty to execute and maximize everyone's potential.

not westbrook's fault, he has a coach that gives him the green light and the freedom to do whatever. give him a coach like popp and i'm sure he'll be great.

Youtube comment - He like, "pauk you a *******. BANG!"

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    I wish he would, but I'm with you in believing he won't.
    This. Rose is obviously not psychologically ready for the NBA yet. He could slowly ease into the regular season, with like 10-15 minutes a game but he doesn't. If he can't come back in the regular season no way is he coming back during the playoffs. Lebron would take a dump on him anyways. Not talking about the brutalization by the lakers if they some how make the NBA final...