Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default 2012 Offseason Thread: Brian Scalabrine A Target?

So many questions with the only guys being under contract are listed below:

Paul | Bledsoe
    Mo Williams
    Butler | Gomes
    Griffin
    Jordan

Pick #53 in the draft.

Billups bird years' are up in the air. Foye has them so he can be signed to anything. Young can only be signed to 120% of his last salary (4.4 Mil) or the Mid-Level due to waiving his bird rights.

Default Re: 2012 Offseason Thread:

Billups Wants To Return

Billups has been told it will take a year for his injury to heal.

Even so, Billups, who turns 36 in September, said he will play next season.

He said returning to the Clippers is something he would like to do.

"I'm definitely going to give this a huge amount of consideration this summer. I feel like we've got some unfinished business a little bit," Billups said. "You never know what direction the team is going, if they even want me back. I've learned not to really assume nothing.

"I don't know if this is going to be my last time here. But if it is, I had a good time. But if not, I'm looking forward to continuing. I'm definitely going to be back playing next year. For sure and you can believe that. Believe it."
    LA Times

Olshey Not Committing to Vinny Extension

[QUOTE]At a gathering with reporters Monday, Clippers General Manager Neil Olshey was non-committal on whether the team would pick up Coach Vinny Del Negro

Clippers Intent To Keep Paul/Blake

Griffin is eligible to sign an extension with the organization this summer or he could become a restricted free agent after next season, while Paul is under contract only for one more year.

More on the Clippers

For more news, notes and analysis of the L.A. Clippers, check out the Clippers Report. Blog

The Clippers say they are confident they'll be able to retain both players for a long time.

"I feel those things are going to get done," Clippers president Andy Roeser told ESPNLosAngeles.com. "The important thing is that we have to do other things to improve the team. But I believe we'll do those things and ultimately I believe those two players (Griffin and Paul) are going to play out their careers here."

Griffin is eligible to sign a five-year extension on July 1 and the Clippers will offer it to him. When asked about his intentions, Griffin said he hadn't considered them yet.

"I haven't given it one ounce of thought," Griffin said. "That's been the furthest thing from my mind, honestly. I know that's kind of the popular thing to say, but I haven't thought about it. I'll get to that when it comes."

Paul wasn't asked directly about his future intentions, but a source close to the situation said he has given the team indications he intends to stay long term.

Still, it is believed that both players are curious to see what the organization will be able to do to bolster the roster this offseason. The team clearly needs help at the shooting guard position and consistent outside shooters who can space the floor.

"(Clippers owner Donald Sterling) has committed unlimited resources to this team," Clippers general manager Neil Olshey told ESPNLosAngeles.com late Sunday night. "We intend to exhaust all avenues in our quest to build a championship-caliber organization."
    Mo Williams To Opt In
    One player who won't be going anywhere, at least of his own volition, is guard Mo Williams, who told ESPNLosAngeles.com that he did not intent to opt out of his $8.5 million player option for next season.

"No," Williams said when asked if he would opt out this summer. "I can tell you that right now."

Williams had a solid season (13.2 points, 3.1 assists) despite coming off the bench, and mostly out of position as a shooting guard. Still, he's part of a glut of point guards on the Clippers roster that could be used to upgrade at other positions via trade.

"This is my first time in this position. I don't think about it when I'm playing," Williams said. "I haven't thought about it. I pay a good man 4 percent of my money, so he'll make a good decision for me."
    ESPNLA

[QUOTE]#Clippers F Blake Griffin on the offseason:

[quote]

Okay. Here's the problem.

Clippers have 4 point guards.

1 superstar
    1 great player
    1 great, SAVY vet
    1 good up and comin young blood.

Start moving some players.
    Get a legit 2 guard closer. Another great guard to play alongside cp.

There's where you can improve.
    Caron Is nice, dont get me wrong

But with the team the clips have, jst don't think it's a fit that will allow them to win.
    Idk. Then again, I don't watch the clips like that

One Of Q's Plans:

Mo Williams to the Brooklyn Nets for Anthony Morrow & Jordan Farmar
    -Clippers turn one expiring contract into two productive players. Nets open up a roster slot and add a formidable backup to Deron or a nice insurance policy in case he bails.

Ryan Gomes to the Miami Heat for Shane Battier, James Jones, 2 2nds
    -Heat cut some long term salary, while the Clippers take on an extra year of Battier but gain a veteran presence and a shooter. 2 Future 2nds can be used as trade assets, somewhat.

Sign Nick Young to a 3 year deal starting at 120% of his previous salary ($4.4 Mil)
    Sign Chauncey Billups to a big 1 year deal (ala Carl Landry)
    Sign Craig Smith to BAE, Aaron Gray & Reggie Evans to minimum

New Depth Chart:
    PG: Chris Paul | Eric Bledsoe | Chauncey Billups*
    SG; Anthony Morrow | Nick Young | Travis Leslie*
    SF: Caron Butler | Shane Battier | James Jones
    PF: Blake Griffin | Craig Smith | Trey Thompkins
    CE: DeAndre Jordan | Aaron Gray | Reggie Evans
    Denotes Inactive List

Might hinder our cap next year, slightly, but adds two solid shooters along with an exceptional veteran defender that can also knock down the open J. Craig Smith provides us with an option off the bench that can score in the post and Aaron Gray is just a big guy. Ryan Hollins, Ian Mahinmi, Kyryelo Fesenko, Jordan Hill, Hamed Haddadi, Kwame Brown could all be other options.

Q's Plan #2:
    Trade Maurice Williams, Ryan Gomes to the Atlanta Hawks for Zaza Pachulia, Marvin Williams, #43.
    -Hawks give up on the Marvin experiment and deal his contract for an expiring one in Gomes at the cost of their backup big man and early 2nd Round Pick. Clippers gain some size, a legit backup SF with size who still may improve and a second pick in the 2nd round.

Bring back Chauncey Billups, Nick Young, Kenyon Martin (unless Brand is amnestied and Clips can get him). Sign Shaun Livingston OR Carlos Delfino

CE: DeAndre Jordan - Zaza Pachulia
    PF: Blake Griffin - Kenyon Martin/Elton Brand - Trey Thompkins
    SF: Caron Butler - Marvin Williams - Travis Leslie
    SG: Nick Young - Eric Bledsoe - Randy Foye
    PG: Chris Paul - Chauncey Billups - Livingston/Delfino

More size, better bench. Didn't really upgrade the starting SG spot but I think with Young staring and options off the bench like Billups, Foye, Delfino/Liv, Clippers would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    Okay. Here's the problem.

Clippers have 4 point guards.

1 superstar
    1 great player
    1 great, SAVY vet
    1 good up and comin young blood.

Start moving some players.
    Get a legit 2 guard closer. Another great guard to play alongside cp.

There's where you can improve.
    Caron Is nice, dont get me wrong

But with the team the clips have, jst don't think it's a fit that will allow them to win.
    Idk. Then again, I don't watch the clips like that
    I'm curious, who's the great point and who's the savvy great vet?

Caron isn't a horribly bad fit, its just size that was an issue. Evans and Martin aren't big enough to play center and can't rely on Foye/Bledsoe at the duece.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    I'm curious, who's the great point and who's the savvy great vet?

Caron isn't a horribly bad fit, its just size that was an issue. Evans and Martin aren't big enough to play center and can't rely on Foye/Bledsoe at the duece.

Lol; I guess they both fit both bills. Lol.

But SAVY vet was CB.

And mo was the grea player

Another thing. I LOVE KMART.

Dude is sick. Keep him and Evans. Great quality, energy bigs.
    If Blake develops a post game.
    That will take this team to another level.

That and a great, athletic wing player/2 guard.

Maybe if you guys trade mo Williams for iggy, granger, harden, Oj, rudy gay,Paul pierce, ray Allen.
    A legit 2.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Q's Plan #2:
    Trade Maurice Williams, Ryan Gomes to the Atlanta Hawks for Zaza Pachulia, Marvin Williams, #43.
    -Hawks give up on the Marvin experiment and deal his contract for an expiring one in Gomes at the cost of their backup big man and early 2nd Round Pick. Clippers gain some size, a legit backup SF with size who still may improve and a second pick in the 2nd round.

Bring back Chauncey Billups, Nick Young, Kenyon Martin (unless Brand is amnestied and Clips can get him). Sign Shaun Livingston OR Carlos Delfino

CE: DeAndre Jordan - Zaza Pachulia
    PF: Blake Griffin - Kenyon Martin/Elton Brand - Trey Thompkins
    SF: Caron Butler - Marvin Williams - Travis Leslie
    SG: Nick Young - Eric Bledsoe - Randy Foye
    PG: Chris Paul - Chauncey Billups - Livingston/Delfino

More size, better bench. Didn't really upgrade the starting SG spot but I think with Young staring and options off the bench like Billups, Foye, Delfino/Liv, Clippers would be fine.

I got a hard time believing that teams will want to make these deals my boy. Lol

Lol; I guess they both fit both bills. Lol.

But SAVY vet was CB.

And mo was the grea player

Another thing. I LOVE KMART.

Dude is sick. Keep him and Evans. Great quality, energy bigs.
    If Blake develops a post game.
    That will take this team to another level.

That and a great, athletic wing player/2 guard.

Maybe if you guys trade mo Williams for iggy, granger, harden, Oj, rudy gay,Paul pierce, ray Allen.
    A legit 2.
    Its going to come down to using the MLE on him or using it for other needs and retaining Evans, and I'm leaning towards the latter being the better deal.

With Young here, I don't want Mayo, but if Olshey can convince the 6ers to a Mo + Bledsoe for Iggy deal, I'd jump all over it, though its unlikely.

Clippers have a few stop-gap options at SG with Livingston, Delfino, Young, Foye, CJ Miles, etc. being options.

I got a hard time believing that teams will want to make these deals my boy. Lol
    Meh, Atlanta saves money while getting a nice backup point and Marvin replacement.

Paul To Recruit Free Agents

[QUOTE]Chris Paul will recruit players to join him with the Clippers.

June 1st Deadline Set for Del Negro Decision

LOS ANGELES -- The fate of Los Angeles Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro won't be known until next week at the earliest, according to sources close to the situation.

But Del Negro's status must be resolved by next Friday at the latest thanks to the June 1 deadline in his contract for the Clippers to either pick up or decline their third-year team option.

Sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com that the decision rests largely with Clippers owner Donald Sterling, which could help Del Negro. The embattled coach has enjoyed a largely positive relationship with Sterling over the past two seasons, with Sterling issuing a public vote of confidence in Del Negro in March after an ESPN.com report that his job was in jeopardy.
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...onald-sterling