Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is it me or does espn suck now

I remember watching an hour of sportscenter and I would be up to date with all of sports.

I remember watching first take and laughing my ass off at Skip and SAS trolling their ass off, nothing but nonstop jokes left to right.

I remember waking up turning on sportscenter and getting up to date with all my b-ball but just last week they literally showed a NBA game highlight that had nothing to do with the game it was a highlight of how many towel boys it took to clean up a spilled drink. Nowadays its just express with one highlight being showed to the winning team but when it comes to football they'll damn near show you the whole game.

I cant even watch a halftime show during a NBA game because its just so casual and dumb. Not entertaining whatsoever.

Default Re: Is it me or does espn suck now

Well, their analysis isn't much better than what you read on forums. They pretty much just ring count to compare players and for teams, they just talk about whatever teams are the most popular at the moment.

Saw a basketball once

it has sucked for years, i for the life of me would u tune into shit bayless??

Quote Originally Posted by tin man
    it has sucked for years, i for the life of me would u tune into shit bayless??
    I suppose you didn't watch first take during Lebrons 2011 ring campaign. Probably the finest television I have ever watched. Dude literally got me angry as **** one day.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

i dont even know who half their commentators for games are. and if i can, i always prefer to watch the local announcers over any of theirs.

I stick to NBA TV.

Also i live in Canada where Sports Center is all Hockey all the time.......puke.

NBA Superstar

I apologize in advance for re-posting something I shared here just yesterday, but this is the Sportscenter I miss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DucRYEnRLI

It used to be like clockwork. I'd know I could tune in on the hour and I'd see a show full of highlights and news. You could always count on 90% of full NBA highlights being provided within the hour and you'd have a very strong idea for when they'd be shown (sometimes something like a Grizzlies/Hawks game would get a score only). If you missed the highlights you wanted to see, you knew when you could tune in the next hour to see full clips (if you had time).

Now, it feels all over the place for me. Sportscenter doesn't seem to lead with the top four games of the day alongside full highlights. Instead, it feels like there's a featured game (usually involving the Heat, Knicks, or Lakers) and that'll lead into more air time of ESPN folks discussing the contest than showing what happened in the contest itself.

Even in the late 90's, when the Pistons were just a middle of the road team, I knew they probably wouldn't make the first segment of Sportscenter, but I knew I could catch their full highlights if I stuck around a little. Now, if I want to see Pistons highlights from the night prior and Sportscenter is my intended source for that information, I'm pretty much completely screwed. There'll be four segments on LeBron James' hairline before they show an Express Pistons clip of Lawrence Frank shaking Frank Vogel's hand in a loss. Then they'll move on to a segment on whether Kobe passed enough last night.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 02-14-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Earned not given

ESPN has been bad for quite some time now. I'd say for a good 5+ years.

The Holy Trinity

Now? This question presupposes that ESPN hasn't sucked for a very long time.

It's been awful for a long time. I only watch it when a game is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I apologize in advance for re-posting something I shared here just yesterday, but this is the Sportscenter I miss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DucRYEnRLI

It used to be like clockwork. I'd know I could tune in on the hour and I'd see a show full of highlights and news. You could always count on 90% of full NBA highlights being provided within the hour and you'd have a very strong idea for when they'd be shown (sometimes something like a Grizzlies/Hawks game would get a score only). If you missed the highlights you wanted to see, you knew when you could tune in the next hour to see full clips (if you had time).

Now, it feels all over the place for me. Sportscenter doesn't seem to lead with the top four games of the day alongside full highlights. Instead, it feels like there's a featured game (usually involving the Heat, Knicks, or Lakers) and that'll lead into more air time of ESPN folks discussing the contest than showing what happened in the contest itself.

Even in the late 90's, when the Pistons were just a middle of the road team, I knew they probably wouldn't make the first segment of Sportscenter, but I knew I could catch their full highlights if I stuck around a little. Now, if I want to see Pistons highlights from the night prior and Sportscenter is my intended source for that information, I'm pretty much completely screwed. There'll be four segments on LeBron James' hairline before they show an Express Pistons clip of Lawrence Frank shaking Frank Vogel's hand in a loss. Then they'll move on to a segment on whether Kobe passed enough last night.

True. I still remember a while ago when I was on NBA Tv Gametime I knew I missed the segment where Bradley Beal hit a game winner against the Nets. I didn't have time to watch another segment of Gametime so I watched an hour of Sportscenter and not one mention of it. I was extremely dissapointed and to this day I haven't seen the game winner nor will casual fans even know about it. Meanwhile SC will gladly put a halfcourt heave of a womens hs game on their top 10 without any questions asked

Has gone WAY down hill in the past 5 or so years

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    True. I still remember a while ago when I was on NBA Tv Gametime I knew I missed the segment where Bradley Beal hit a game winner against the Nets. I didn't have time to watch another segment of Gametime so I watched an hour of Sportscenter and not one mention of it. I was extremely dissapointed and to this day I haven't seen the game winner nor will casual fans even know about it. Meanwhile SC will gladly put a halfcourt heave of a womens hs game on their top 10 without any questions asked
    Yep, and thankfully NBA Gametime exists. In fact, I'm guessing the existence of that show and others on their own respective pro networks may be part of the reason ESPN switched things up so dramatically.

Still, I miss being able to catch up on all sports highlights in one hour-long program.

National High School Star

The 6pm Sportscenter sucks because that "goofy a$$ white girl" is one of the anchors

She looks like a "permanent intern"

Samurai Swoosh

ESPN peaked in the 90's and early 2000's and then with no competition, they turned into a joke entertainment show.