Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'MY CAREER MODE' Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    maybe somebody has already asked this, but is anybody else having problems with pkay calling? i have run plays on, and auto run plays, but the pg never calls plays. we always just freelance. id much rather have some structure.

anybody know how to fix it so we always run plays, like in 2k12 and 2k11
    I have a problem with this as well, anyone know how to have the CPU automatically run plays for you in my career? i swear you could do this in 2k12

Thanks
    Last edited by Magic bird; 01-16-2013 at 06:19 AM.

i think i might have to uninstall this shitty game soon...

finally got my centre enough overall rating so i can play on superstar level. My rebounding average went from 16 to 10 because all of a sudden everybody on the other team gets the offensive rebound even though i boxed them out and despite being 7'2 i cant even get the defensive rebound over kyle lowry. And every game we've played its down to the wire because the CPU cheeses so hard its not funny. Last game against the bobcats ben gordan didnt miss a single shot in the second half. And the stamina drain affects centers way to much by the time half of 4th qtr is done i cant even shoot anymore its fking stupid.

Now that half the season has been played out. I'm not as mad that the Celtics are doing so bad in My Career.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Even with the sluggish animations in the paint from time to time it's really easy to be efficient with a back to the basket center. Once you add a mid-range game and can knock down a turn around over a guy your scoring output should be automatic.

I feel like Tim Duncan out there with the efficiency. And this bleeds into the regular games too. If you have a good post player you should run the offense through them. I have found it rare that people online or otherwise really know what to do to stop you if you can work the post moves. They usually start trying to crowd them with another player and that's when you move it to find an open three.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Now that half the season has been played out. I'm not as mad that the Celtics are doing so bad in My Career.
    The Celtics in My Career are also bad. They're around 14-26

Anyone here get through their rookie contract? What's the salary range the teams have to work with? I'm a quarter of the way through my season averaging 31ppg 8apg, 3 rpg and 3 spg as a scoring PG and want a "star" role contract, although Memphis doesn't seem to want to give it to me yet. I think their best offer was 4yr/612 VC. Loving the team after being traded from Miami, we had the #2 pick in the last draft and got a SF with the same height/weight/dunk/vertical as LeBron, he's killing it off the bench. Traded Conley to get OJ Mayo back, and we've got ourselves a squad.

Westbrook just slammed it home and my hand went through the ball.

It's impossible to block dunks in 2K13

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy

I think once they're in their animation it's impossible. I've never block them in it. Maybe it's just me. Either way when someone is in that animation in real life they rarely get blocked

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy

you have to time the jump so that you meet them at their vertical and you will get the dunk rejection animation. About the hardest thing to do...

anyone else finding offensive rebounding for the CPU extremely cheesy...

It didn't happen as much before but after the ASG all other opposing center have been grabbing all offensive rebounds and my rebounding avg dropped from like 15 to like 10 because of this cheese. It's like they just slip your box out all the time and proceed to get the offensive rebound regardless of the fact that I'm 7'2 and boxed them out... its getting to the point where 9 out of the 10 rebound they have is offensive.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Just broke John Stockton's record for most assist in a season.

Currently: 6890 points, 1167 assists, with 10 games left.

I also have 5 30+ assist games, with a career high of 34, LOL
    Last edited by The-Legend-24; 02-18-2013 at 09:33 PM.

I've found that it's a lot easier to score in this version compared to its predecessors, even if your attributes aren't all that.

My biggest complaint is the contrast between VC earned and the VC required to make your player relative at all.

I think I'm going to stop spending VC in this mode and just work towards building an awesome MyTeam.

So I simmed to the next key game and lost all of 7 road games

Talked to the GM saying I'm tired of losing and let me choose 5 players. I picked Lamar, JR Smith, Haslem, Dorrell Wright, and Jordan Hill. I desperately need a nice bench or some veteran presence in this Portland team. GM let me pick 5 last year before the deadline but only chose Dwight Obviously, nothing happened

Nice. I got Dorell Wright for Nolan Smith. Smith has wanted out since last season Also, a good rookie PG on my team will get more time as my backup

So I just finished an overtime game vs Golden State on the road. Aldridge hit the game winning basket, I get my career high in assist with 19 and guess what happens next...as I'm exiting the game, My Career failed to connect on the 2K server and all of that game disappeared That would've been a GOTY candidate in real life!