Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Banned

Default Re: Everyone has lost their mind on Lebron...

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    He's a keyboard warrior. Just put that clown on ignore and stop quoting his posts.
    Good advice. I just hate putting on people ignore. You never know what gems they might shit out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    MJ has the most 40+ scoring games in NBA post season history, what's a few more

These Bron stans have no clue Jordan went off on the regular, they go crazy when Bron Bron hits mid 30s when MJ AVERAGED that in a lot of playoffs series. So MJ needs to score 40+ to win? Check
    Youngsters......

This is the first year I can say he has a legitimate case to be placed at MJs level though. He just has to sustain it. People are going over the top when they say Lebron in general is at MJs level.. THIS Lebron is, but he hasn't been for his prime. Also, guys like Shaq, Hakeem, and Kareem are being overlooked in terms of peak play.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    the details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    This is the first year I can say he has a legitimate case to be placed at MJs level though. He just has to sustain it. People are going over the top when they say Lebron in general is at MJs level.. THIS Lebron is, but he hasn't been for his prime. Also, guys like Shaq, Hakeem, and Kareem are being overlooked in terms of peak play.
    I thought he played at this level (or close in the 2009 playoffs and 2010 reagular season). If you watched him closely at that time what's your opinion on his play compared to MJ? I've never seen MJ play but if current LeBron is as you say on MJ's level, then I'd argue 2009 and 2010 LeBron are as well.

I remember certain posters (not idiots/trolls) commenting on his play back then being equal to MJs but I couldn't really agree/disagree cuz I've never seen MJ.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    I seriously wonder if this kid has friends, family, significant other, or anything worth while in his life, if he's this deep in the LBJ kool aid.

It's quite frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    You could add the fact that LBJ is a ball dominating player. He doesn't fully allow his teammates to show their true potential. Of course, he posts up some nice assists, but that doesn't mean shit. He makes players around him play out of position.

People have failed to comprehend this. Not that it's always the case but it has been the case. The best thing that ever happened to him was going to Miami, so that he didn't overdo it...he still gets caught doing it occasionally, but it's not like it was in Cleveland...and in Cleveland, if he had an esteemed player next to him, maybe it would have been different. But it wasn't and people should pay better attention instead of just going crazy over all-around stats. Use some context.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    People have failed to comprehend this. Not that it's always the case but it has been the case. The best thing that ever happened to him was going to Miami, so that he didn't overdo it...he still gets caught doing it occasionally, but it's not like it was in Cleveland...and in Cleveland, if he had an esteemed player next to him, maybe it would have been different. But it wasn't and people should pay better attention instead of just going crazy over all-around stats. Use some context.
    Agree. His assist numbers are superficial.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Did you watch the 09 ECF? There was no one aside from LeBron that could create their own shot They didn't win 66 games with Big Z posting up or calling isolation plays for Delonte West

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3

LeBron's been pretty damn dominant for a large part of his career though. Every year people are saying "yeah he's playing good now, but how long can he keep it up?" Since the 2008-2009 season people have been talking about him playing great. Even before that (2003-2007 - his "pre prime") He was a 28/7/7 player with above average defense carrying scrub level teams to 50 wins.

Then since 2008 he's been playing at an all time level. His first MVP season saw the second highest PER ever (yeah I know it's a shit stat but it's just a shortcut stat for now as I'm sure you already know how great that year was) and he followed up that MVP by going to the conference finals on 35/9/6 averages and going down fighting against Orlando with 38/8/8.

He followed it up the next year with the first 50% FG% for a perimeter volume scorer since MJ and an MVP repeat - already historical as only 8 players have ever done that before, and averaged 30/9/7 for the season too in one of the more unanimous MVP wins. He started off the playoffs playing the same level against the Bulls series and part of the Celtics series, but following complaints of his elbow player poorly and ultimately didn't do well in the last few games of the series.

The following year with all the outrage about the decision and the Heat's poor play out of the gate he faced as much scrutiny as any player ever has, and while entering a brand new team, system, city etc. still put up an MVP level year and by the time the playoffs rolled around he was again garnering Jordan comparisons (from Jordan's teammate Pippen no less) up till the NBA finals. He put away both the Celtics and Bulls with an array of clutch shots and defense, and dominated the league MVP that year, not just winning the games but taking the defensive responsibility whenever the Heat needed to shut down Rose. He had that very disappointing finals series but it was still a relatively successful year considering new team and new everything.

He started off the following year hot, with a more comfortable post presence and now a full year under his belt playing with his Miami teammates, he looked much more comfortable everywhere from the get go. With a new play style cutting down on 3s and playing in the post, set yet another FG% career high on the way to yet another MVP - the 3rd in 4 years. Went onto the playoffs where he yet again showed all of these unclutch accusations were fictional, as he stepped up against both the Pacers and Celtics with 40 point games each time his team was down. Took home the championship and the finals MVP averaging 30/10/6 on 50% for the playoffs in only his second year on a real contending team.

And now he's yet again poised for an MVP, which would be his 4th in 5 years, a feat only accomplished once in NBA history (by Bill Russell). And yet again his play (not his accomplishments) are what garner the Jordan comparisons. He's playing at a level of dominance (for the whole year, just accentuated this last month) only matched by Shaq and Jordan (arguably the 2 most dominant players in NBA history) in the last 2 decades.

This isn't the first time he's been compared to all time greats. Even before his prime this guy had seasons of 32/6/6, and winning playoff series he had no business even competing in. He's been playing at an all time level for half a decade now, the best player in the NBA for each of the last 5 years. the last time an NBA player was the best in the league for 5 straight years? I'd think it was Jordan between '89-'93, but I'm not sure.

LeBron's been doing this for a while, it's not a new occurrence. 5 straight MVP level years (with 3 - likely 4 - MVPs) in that span isn't him just starting to play well all of a sudden.
    Great post. It's as if some of those buffoons haven't watched the NBA before this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    Great post. It's as if some of those buffoons haven't watched the NBA before this year.

Is you talkin to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Is you talkin to you?
    My post is a general one, even though it was a reply to a specific statement. I'm not calling anyone out.

I rule the local playground

Idk who would ever say he is better than Mj...I never heard it..

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    My post is a general one, even though it was a reply to a specific statement. I'm not calling anyone out.

I didn't mean it to do anything with you. Only with his specific reply.