Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Mark Jackson won't Sugarcoat. God is most responsible for the Warriors Playoff spot

''I cry because it could be someone else here with a suit and tie sitting in the big chair. I cry because God has blessed me once again. People don't want to here it but in preseason I got 15 guys come to my church on a day off to support and love. And the following week they did it again, didn't have to. They had an option. This team is tied together spiritually. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it. And some people don't want to hear it, but that's fine. I know why were winning. I know why were successful. And if I sugarcoat it, there will be a price to pay, a lot more than an article that will tear me up. And I'm not willing to pay that price so I thank god for this team and opportunity.

Also...

Mark Jackson
    On tonight's win:
    "I thank God. Incredible, incredible blessing. I appreciate the journey a lot more, especially when you go through it with some folks, folks that paid the price and are united. It was an incredible feeling and well deserved by this group of guys, this ownership group, this management group and this incredible fan base. Truly a blessing."
    Last edited by SacJB Shady; 04-10-2013 at 06:13 AM.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Default Re: Mark Jackson says God is most responsible for the Warriors Playoff spot

if God exists and he wastes his time influencing the outcome of sporting events, we are all seriously doomed.

Banned

Default Re: Mark Jackson says God is most responsible for the Warriors Playoff spot

lol kobe doesnt play for the warriors

He's referring to David "God" Lee.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

And all that practicing and conditioning is what?

I think it is stupid when people praise God for anything (good or bad). I don't believe in him, but from my understanding if he does exist he isn't meddling in natural affairs.

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

god is in miami, and im not talking lebron, wade and bosh.

I'm not a religious person, but I have no problem with it. To each is own.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

get TJ Simers to ask Preacher Jackson what God thought of him cheating on his wife

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

If God was real ( fhcking lol ), why do these people really think he'd give a fhck about basketball?

Some people literally have no clue about the real world. It's sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by The Choken One
    If God was real ( fhcking lol ), why do these people really think he'd give a fhck about basketball?

Some people literally have no clue about the real world. It's sickening.
    I remember when Tebow gave credit to God for beating the Steelers in the playoffs. Then he got spanked by the Pats.

I guess God took the day off

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

If there's one thing we know, God hates Utah. Bunch of heathens, degenerates and perverts.

San Francisco, on the other hand... That's god's country. You can see his influence at events like the Folsom Street Fair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zk_N...r4-dKT07dyOQZN
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 04-10-2013 at 02:52 AM.

I ADORE Mark Jackson. The way he played point will probably be my measuing stick for how to be a "true" point until my end of time. But he's one of the most hypocritical sons'a'bitches we've ever seen.

Where did he say God was responsible for them being in the playoffs?

Maybe is his mind he is being humble and giving credit to "someone" else.

I doubt they go to church and pray, "Dear God, please let us make the playoffs!"

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    how so?
    Dude ****ed anything that moved.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

God is everywhere. If Mark Jackson feels that God contributed to their success, then he did. The least that God can do is inspire. If Jackson and their players are inspired then how is that a bad thing?