Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron and Anthony Davis current on/off impact

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    shut up bitch. go back to your main account that you got clowned off of.

you literally ditched your account after the cavs came back, Ive never seen anything so embarrassing in my life

Body bag

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon
    Those stats taken at complete face value without any context whatsoever indicate the team is better defensively with both of them off the floor and that they're better defensively without AD playing period. That's incredibly stupid.
    That's the best part. Lakers apparently are the '04 Pistons on defense without either. Why do we need them?

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    This shit again? We've already gone over your delusions baby boy. Can't ditch something I never had.
    its a small world dude.

one of these days Im going be the guy in the airplane seat behind you when you start mouthing off talking shit, saying 3 for 9 this, or ray allen that, to the random person in the seat beside you.

Im warning you right now that I will beat the living dogshit out of you, will have you spitting pissing and shitting blood when that day comes.

you have been warned straight_ballin.

Local High School Star

First of all, what? Shut up.

Secondly, OP... you realize it's a stupid stat, right?

Those stats taken at complete face value without any context whatsoever indicate the team is better defensively with both of them off the floor and that they're better defensively without AD playing period. That's incredibly stupid.
    I mean, I don't see how it's a "stupid stat" considering that that winner of a basketball game is determined by which team scores the most points.

The reason that the defensive rating is better with both players off the court is almost certainly because the opponents' best players are also off the court during those times.

its a small world dude.

one of these days Im going be the guy on the airplane seat behind you when you start mouthing off talking shit, saying 3 for 9 this, or ray allen that, to the random person in the seat beside you.

Im warning you right now that I will beat the living dogshit out of you have you spitting and shitting blood when that day comes.

you have been warned straight_ballin.
    The only thing that would happen if you are sitting behind me on the plane is you bitching about some random nonsense like how you wished Lebron wasn't a 6 time loser or some shit.

That's about the time I put my seat all the way back. The end result is you sitting there like a helpless lil bitch whining about no leg room and not being able to do a damn thing about it while I lay back and put my head phones in. The flight ends with you apologizing to me for questioning anything I've ever said on here. You know it. I know it. ISH knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    The only thing that would happen if you are sitting behind me on the plane is you bitching about some random nonsense like how you wished Lebron wasn't a 6 time loser or some shit.

That's about the time I put my seat all the way back. The end result is you sitting there like a helpless lil bitch whining about no leg room and not being able to do a damn thing about it while I lay back and put my head phones in. The flight ends with you apologizing to me for questioning anything I've ever said on here. You know it. I know it. ISH knows it.
    literally didn't even read your post.

just going to say it again - shut up bitch, go back to your main account.

literally didn't even read your post.

just going to say it again - shut up bitch, go back to your main account.
    Can't go back to a main I never had. Keep bitching about it.

Great college starter

First of all, what? Shut up.

Secondly, OP... you realize it's a stupid stat, right?

The context is the TIME. Obviously, Lebron and Davis is hardly ever OUT at the SAME TIME, which means, that time when they're off together is mainly a blowout when the bench is in vs scrubs

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlayer
    I mean, I don't see how it's a "stupid stat" considering that that winner of a basketball game is determined by which team scores the most points.

The reason that the defensive rating is better with both players off the court is almost certainly because the opponents' best players are also off the court during those times.
    Guess what, if you watch Laker games, AD stays on the court in the first quarter against other starters while James rests. AD goes to the bench at the end of the first and James comes out there against the other team's 2nd unit to start the 2nd. That's usually how it goes and it might be similar in the 2nd half, depending on the game.

couldnt even stay away a month could you? just to come back and get shit on again?

AD holding the team back right now

gotta up his game

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Guess what, if you watch Laker games, AD stays on the court in the first quarter against other starters while James rests. AD goes to the bench at the end of the first and James comes out there against the other team's 2nd unit to start the 2nd. That's usually how it goes and it might be similar in the 2nd half, depending on the game.
    lebron plays the majority of the 1st qrt; so there's really no difference because AD ends up playing against the other team's bench (no team runs there entire starting lineup for all 12 minutes of each qtr) for the same short spurt in the 2nd qtr. This plays out the same in the 3rd and 4th, for the mot part

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlayer

exactly

lebron and AD are NEVER out at the SAME TIME unless it's a blowout/foul trouble

Great college starter

this chart/graph was made around the time the lakers played the thunder the 2nd time

almost everyone was a - w/o lebron on the floor with them

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    lebron plays the majority of the 1st qrt; so there's really no difference because AD ends up playing against the other team's bench (no team runs there entire starting lineup for all 12 minutes of each qtr) for the same short spurt in the 2nd qtr. This plays out the same in the 3rd and 4th, for the mot part
    A lot of teams still play their starters through almost the entire 1st quarter with maybe 1-2 subs, Lebron usually plays about 8 minutes of the 1st so a lot of those minutes you see there are AD playing against the other team's best while James rests, AD usually returns in the 2nd when all starters are back in the game, he definitely sees little to no minutes against the bench guys in comparison to James and those minutes add up.

Obviously you have different kind of games and teams run different rotations, but it's mostly what I've seen out there with Lebron since Game 1. These things play into the statistic and are hugely mis-leading, as is the one which says they're even better on defense without either in the game.