Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant Says he has almost no Cartilage in his Knee

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    This is gonna sound like a stupid question, is bone on bone in NBA players cuz of injury to the knee followed by surgery or just the miles on the knee?
    It's both. Lots of mileage can wear cartilage down over time. Obviously, if you have surgery to remove cartilage, then that can cause bone on one as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    He already said he's ready to play in the olympics in 2012.
    I think if he wins a ring before then he will retire. Maybe one more year after that but I doubt it. But like I said I think it all depends on him winning a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I think if he wins a ring before then he will retire. Maybe one more year after that but I doubt it. But like I said I think it all depends on him winning a championship.
    Why would he retire after winning another championship? That doesn't even make any sense. Aside from his body being completely broken down to the point where he can't compete(and it isn't), he's going to try to win as many rings as he can.

Good High School Starter

That explains Kobe's low minutes.

Personally I think he's got 4 years left, and then he's done. 18 years of playing, is pretty impressive. He'll probably have another ring or two. And he'll be happy with that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Why would he retire after winning another championship? That doesn't even make any sense. Aside from his body being completely broken down to the point where he can't compete(and it isn't), he's going to try to win as many rings as he can.
    I wish he could play like 4 more seasons at this level but I don't think he can. If he can secure 1 or maybe even 2 more titles I think he will be content to retire. His body isn't in breakdown mode yet because Kobe is one of the most well conditioned athletes in the league. But after this contract is up in 2013 I think he will sign one more deal for like 2 years at the most. After that I don't think his body will be able to handle it anymore and he will retire. I don't see Kobe playing past 36 or 37.

Serious playground baller ATL_Bball_King's Avatar

Yea watching Kobe on the court these days you can see he is a step slower...I think he has bout 4 years left in the tank...I think he could still get 1 or 2 more titles... Damn i remember when it was Kobe and Shaq...My how the times has passed...Kobe you will be remembered...Lets get two more though!!!

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Kobe has had an illustrious career. One more season and I suggest that he retires as a Laker ending his career on a high note. No comebacks like MJ. Jusy walk away the man in LA.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    Kobe has had an illustrious career. One more season and I suggest that he retires as a Laker ending his career on a high note. No comebacks like MJ. Jusy walk away the man in LA.
    Very rarely does a player do that but I agree, he has already played more seasons than Jordan and has had an incredible career. He could end on a high note that's for sure.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knicks
    Another excuse by Kobe. What else is new?
    Give him a break. His body has been through hell and back. Its surprising he is still able to play at the level hes been playing.

Local High School Star

and yet he still puts up the 4th most shot attempts in the league ...

imagine Kobe in his mid-late 30s? .. I wonder if he would even accept being a role player or continue putting up like 20 shots a night.

He's been on the decline since 2009, but delusional fans who think everyone is a hater said otherwise. After his postgame interview in WCF's against denver where he looked like he was dying and the sad dunk against the magic in the finals, I was like whoa. On top of that the injuries that never seemed to go away made the picture look more grim. I think four all star level years are a little too optimistic for me. I have said this for years, declines aren't usually linear, for most players it's falling off a cliff in terms of their production.

It's crazy because this dude from 04-07 was legendary.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Lol at this one. Even if he has just by a bit damaged cartilage he would not be able to play because of pain. Kobe's medicine knowledge sucks. Better for him to find another excuse. He has only 5 months left.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    So if Kobe wins a ring in 2012, you think he retires?

He's gonna be 34 and still gonna be able to drop 20.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    He's been on the decline since 2009, but delusional fans who think everyone is a hater said otherwise. After his postgame interview in WCF's against denver where he looked like he was dying
    He got like 2 hours of sleep in those 3 days before the game. I agree with everything though.