Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Who was better at his peak: Curry or Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Kobe was more consistent on offense and leagues above Curry on defense, it's not even close. Replace Steph with Kobe on those Warriors squads and they win it all from 2014-2019.

6 straight Finals???

Curry is a terrible defensive player while Kobe was elite. 2006 isn't a good comparison because Kobe played with the worst supporting cast while Curry had his best, 2009 Kobe shits on 2016 Curry, just look at the Post-season numbers. Curry is a product of a system while Kobe dominated regardless of his supporting cast. Curry's defensive metrics are a joke, it's all Iguodala, Green and Klay.

Kobe's numbers would be far different in this era, Curry's "offensive peak" is putting up 22 ppg in the Finals and choking a 3 - 1 lead against an inferior opponent. That Warriors squad beat the Rockets without him and were up 2 - 1 in the WCSF before his return, imagine Kobe having a team that could potentially make the Finals without him.
    Kobe was a horrible defender by 2006. And he wasnt a tenth of the offensive player that peak Steph was.

As I said, the chasm between Steph and Kobe offensively was greater than defensive advantage that Kobe had over Curry

Decent college freshman

"Kobe was never elite offensively because he never shot 50%"

LMAOO how fking dense do you have to be

ForumNerdFeeny knows more than players who have spent 15 year careers in the NBA guarding Kobe night in and night out and say Kobe was easily the hardest person to guard in their careers.

This person was "not elite offensively" because he never shot 50%......

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Kobe was a horrible defender by 2006. And he wasnt a tenth of the offensive player that peak Steph was.

As I said, the chasm between Steph and Kobe offensively was greater than defensive advantage that Kobe had over Curry
    I can't take you seriously tbh, you pull this shit on everyone. "horrible defender" "wasn't a tenth of offensive player".

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo

6 straight Finals???

Five. I think it's pretty reasonable tbh. They made four straight with Curry, replacing him with Kobe doesn't change that, I think they would have also made it in 2014, I'm fairly confident that Kobe would own the Spurs like he always did.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 11-11-2019 at 02:53 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

PEAK WISE EASILY CURRY .. But career wise Kobe ..

Curry

Curry's 2016 was legitimately one of the greatest regular seasons ever, but I'd pretty easily take 06-08 Kobe over peak Curry, especially come playoff time

Five. I think it's pretty reasonable tbh. They made four straight with Curry, replacing him with Kobe doesn't change that, I think they would have also made it in 2014, I'm fairly confident that Kobe would own the Spurs like he always did.
    Sorry but, I'm going to take a little time to educate you on how the seasons are worded. Thought you needed earlier in another thread but above confirms it.

This morning in the "Kobe clear cut best player" thread you said from 05-10. A dude quoted you and his opinion was 06-10. You quoted him back and said "yeah, From the start of the 05-06 season to the end of the 09-10 one.
    The start of the 05-06 season is just called "the 2006 season." There is no start of 05. The start of the 05 season would be in 2004.

Then in this thread you say Kobe would have titles from 14-19 with Steph's cast. I quoted you and asked "6 straight titles" while laughing. You quoted back above and said Five.

When you say 05-10 that 6 seasons. When you say 2014-2019 that's 6 seasons.

Sorry but, I'm going to take a little time to educate you on how the seasons are worded. Thought you needed earlier in another thread but above confirms it.

This morning in the "Kobe clear cut best player" thread you said from 05-10. A dude quoted you and his opinion was 06-10. You quoted him back and said "yeah, From the start of the 05-06 season to the end of the 09-10 one.
    The start of the 05-06 season is just called "the 2006 season." There is no start of 05. The start of the 05 season would be in 2004.

Then in this thread you say Kobe would have titles from 14-19 with Steph's cast. I quoted you and asked "6 straight titles" while laughing. You quoted back above and said Five.

Schooled

I usually hit open layups CodeBreaker's Avatar

Someone got taken to basketball school

strong debates on both sides

I usually hit open layups

First of all, that retarded Kobe stan got ****ing schooled

And secondly, how is this even a debate? Curry peaked way higher than Kobe, who only has longevity and counting stats going for him.

You could rely on peak Curry to be more efficient from 3pt range than Kobe's FG% so I'm going with curry.

The answer comes down to how you evaluate their teams and their eras more than them as players.