Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Kobe's 81-point game is SEVERELY underrated

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave

Who's to say another player in the same league(or close) as Kobe wouldn't have scored around the same amount of points on a night like that where you're getting that crazy amount of shot attempts, and having a good shooting night, against a bad team?
    Why do people create these hypothetical situations? You think guys haven't taken lots of shots against bad teams before? LeBron had his career high against the same team and no one gives him shit about it. Jordan had his career high against a team that gave up 102 ppg, and no one tries to downplay it.

The fact is Kobe had an all time great performance that will most likely never be replicated again just like some other players in NBA history.

3-time NBA All-Star

People try to downplay Kobe's game by referring to the competition, but wow seriously? The OP seriously listed the Raptors' players' resume and tried to make it sound impressive?

I actually think it's quite overrated. Why isn't David Robinson's 71 point game not talked about near as much? It's impressive, it's not what Kobe stans crack it up to be. Extreme amounts of talent, at times polarizing and relentlessly selfish. There was points where the game was in hand where he could've got others involved.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I actually think it's quite overrated. Why isn't David Robinson's 71 point game not talked about near as much? It's impressive, it's not what Kobe stans crack it up to be. Extreme amounts of talent, at times polarizing and relentlessly selfish. There was points where the game was in hand where he could've got others involved.
    David Robinson is probably the least talked about and most underrated player ever...

Also, why isn't David Thompson's 73-point game recognised as arguably the GOAT scoring performance when he shot 28-38 FG and 17-20 FT's? Even better, he had the most unbelievably scorching hot halftime ever, since he had 53 points on 20-23 FG's in the first half alone.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Obviously it's underrated. Trying to convince the haters or making them admit a fact is comical. They'll downplay it till they die. It's part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    It's arguably the best performance in NBA history, so I seriously doubt any current player will even come close.

69 points, 18 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 steals, 1 block against a better team on the road >>>> 81 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 1 block against the shittiest team in the league at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobr
    People like to try to minimize such an amazing game by Kobe by claiming the Raptors were terrible, but let's take a look at the guys on their 2005-06 roster.

[LIST=1][*]Chris Bosh - 1x NBA champion, 7x All-Star, Toronto's all-time leading scorer, he was putting up 22.5/9.2/2.6 on 50.5% in 2005-06. Had 18/8/2 during the game.
    I'm not going to get into an argument about the performance (not a Kobe fan but whether or not it was the best performance of all time (which it obviously wasn't) it was clearly impressive), but really, mentioning career achievements of a player who at the time didn't even have half of what you mentioned? The logic here is obviously flawed to say that the Raptor's team was good (which it wasn't) because it had players like FUTURE NBA Champion and Raptor's all-time scoring leader Chris Bosh.

The argument can only be focused on what he was playing against at the time and in what context, you only lose credibility by doing something like this. And I only chose Bosh because it was the one that standed out the most.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Haters can try to down play it all they want but 81 points is beyond comprehension. People didnt believe it at first.

And it's funny how Kobe haters (usually downplayed by fans of Lebron) wanna at like 81 agains the raptors somehow makes it less impressive. But as far as I remember every team in the league played the raptors that year an no plays got close to 81.

Lebrons career high came against that same team..in a loss. With a better supporting cast than Kobe.

At the end of the day 81 points is 81 points, only 2 people in 60+ years was able to do it. 6"6 perimeter players aren't supposed to be able to get 81.

Go in the gym tomorrow, and try to score 81 points by yourself alone guarded by nobody. Even that is exausting.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Go in the gym tomorrow, and try to score 81 points by yourself alone guarded by nobody. Even that is exausting.
    You can't make 40 shots without being exhausted? You fat f*ck.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    I've done that before. All the shots were 5 feet from the rim, but I was still good. I'm pretty proud of myself.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobr
    Will we ever see a single-game performance by LeBron on par with Kobe's 81?

I doubt it.

Lebron taking over the pistons in game 5 of the Playoffs

and single-handedly beating boston in game 6 of the Playoffs

is more legendary and greater than anything Kobe has ever done on a basketball court

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    You can't make 40 shots without being exhausted? You fat f*ck.

Quote Originally Posted by AintNoSunshine

Lebron taking over the pistons in game 5 of the Playoffs

and single-handedly beating boston in game 6 of the Playoffs

is more legendary and greater than anything Kobe has ever done on a basketball court
    I don't even remember the two games you just listed. How many points did LeBron score?